Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2018, 08:45 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If you want to change the subject, change it elsewhere.
You are the one who brought up e-verify in a totally unrelated thread. Why don't you go somewhere else. You were implying that e-verify was the answer to what conservatives want to stop illegal immigration and I pointed out that it would not stop border crossings for other nefarious reasons. If you don't want threads to go off track then don't start going off track yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 08:56 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You are the one who brought up e-verify in a totally unrelated thread. Why don't you go somewhere else. You were implying that e-verify was the answer to what conservatives want to stop illegal immigration and I pointed out that it would not stop border crossings for other nefarious reasons. If you don't want threads to go off track then don't start going off track yourself.
You didn't want to address what I said. Just like others.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:07 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
You didn't want to address what I said. Just like others.
You just didn't like what I said because you don't like the answer. It was on topic for what you were saying, even though you were digressing from the topic. I merely showed that e-verify is not the best answer and you couldn't handle it.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You just didn't like what I said because you don't like the answer. It was on topic for what you were saying, even though you were digressing from the topic. I merely showed that e-verify is not the best answer and you couldn't handle it.
It is. As long as the jobs are here, they will come. That could be done tomorrow. The wall isn't getting built.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:45 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
What I'm hearing on TV now is if a Democrat runs a primary race on radical left ideas (where the outward enthusiasm seems to be), that it's going to be harder for them to get back near the center for the general election.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:29 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Because I explained why they are not and you did nothing to dispute that. If they were serious they would be demanding that e-verify pass tomorrow.

I demand many things from my politicians. That does not mean that I will get all my wishes. First we have to get our politicians to sit down and debate the issues. Then there has to be compromise. E-Verify has been high on my list of priorities from day one. I was hoping that it would enable our government to pursue the employers that don't use the system if mandatory. But that is only one of a half dozen or more proposals that would help fix the broken system.

Yes; I wish that our President was pushing even harder. But I do not pretend to know all the facts; I am not in his shoes. I do know that every one of the mentioned opposition for 2020 would do nothing to secure our border. Every single one mentioned is an open border proponent that wants taxpayers flipping the bill. I am waiting to see one name that does not goose-step to the Democratic hierarchy.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I demand many things from my politicians. That does not mean that I will get all my wishes. First we have to get our politicians to sit down and debate the issues. Then there has to be compromise. E-Verify has been high on my list of priorities from day one. I was hoping that it would enable our government to pursue the employers that don't use the system if mandatory. But that is only one of a half dozen or more proposals that would help fix the broken system.

It's been discussed and promised for years.

Quote:
Yes; I wish that our President was pushing even harder. But I do not pretend to know all the facts; I am not in his shoes. I do know that every one of the mentioned opposition for 2020 would do nothing to secure our border. Every single one mentioned is an open border proponent that wants taxpayers flipping the bill. I am waiting to see one name that does not goose-step to the Democratic hierarchy.
As I said, no one actually cares. Cheap lawn care is more important.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:10 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
It's been discussed and promised for years.

As I said, no one actually cares. Cheap lawn care is more important.

While it has been discussed for years the problem continues to grow. Now is probably the best opportunity we have had in years. We have seen how the Democrats will not tackle the problem even when they control the Congress and Presidency.

As far as nobody caring; you're right about those that can afford to pay and get their lawns cut. But the vast majority of voters do not have lawns or can they afford to get their lawn cut. They do care if they have a job or an illegal worker took that job from them!

Old 07-27-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
While it has been discussed for years the problem continues to grow. Now is probably the best opportunity we have had in years. We have seen how the Democrats will not tackle the problem even when they control the Congress and Presidency.
Dont expect me to take you seriously any longer.

Old 07-27-2018, 04:59 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
E Verify is volunteer on the federal level outside of contractors.

Some states require it , but mostly they require I-9's .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections