U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-28-2018, 06:29 PM
 
79,555 posts, read 33,756,358 times
Reputation: 15968

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
In the last few years when have you heard one Democrat stand up and say they support American workers? I started working in the 1960's and it was a totally different. Then they did actually stand up and claimed they supported our workers and homeless. They found out that we do not have the funds to contribute to their cause; so they (like the Republicans) turned to Wall Street, the military industrial complex, big oil, Hollywood and anyplace they could find a dollar. They did continue to support unions; but only in the public sector where they could not lose. The American worker lost because it translated into high taxes and greater inflation - which is what is happening now with this push to give everybody legal status.

The Democrats don't argue against I-9's because they are impotent! Those that use the system have long known how to avoid the system catching up to them. When we get a 'system' that actually works we will not have to deport most illegal workers; they will self deport.
No they won't. Business will demand that they get to stay in some way legally. There is NO way they are going to allow all this experience to simply pack up and leave to then have to pay people with less experience even more money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2018, 11:32 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,371 posts, read 11,575,223 times
Reputation: 4327
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
In the last few years when have you heard one Democrat stand up and say they support American workers? I started working in the 1960's and it was a totally different. Then they did actually stand up and claimed they supported our workers and homeless. They found out that we do not have the funds to contribute to their cause; so they (like the Republicans) turned to Wall Street, the military industrial complex, big oil, Hollywood and anyplace they could find a dollar. They did continue to support unions; but only in the public sector where they could not lose. The American worker lost because it translated into high taxes and greater inflation - which is what is happening now with this push to give everybody legal status.

The Democrats don't argue against I-9's because they are impotent! Those that use the system have long known how to avoid the system catching up to them. When we get a 'system' that actually works we will not have to deport most illegal workers; they will self deport.
So you are saying 2 things

1. The Democrats didnt do what you claim, so you are trying to move the goal post.

2. You became a Republican.... which was the group who wanted the very things you are attacking Democrats for. (because you cant say Democrats didnt defend workers without that meaning Republican didnt either. )


interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2018, 06:18 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,434 posts, read 11,759,510 times
Reputation: 10823
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So you are saying 2 things

1. The Democrats didnt do what you claim, so you are trying to move the goal post.

2. You became a Republican.... which was the group who wanted the very things you are attacking Democrats for. (because you cant say Democrats didnt defend workers without that meaning Republican didnt either. )


interesting.

I became a Republican, like many, to support President Trump. I did not become one to support many of the Republican policies.


You still have this problem with not one Democrat that wants to make our Nation better. It has been so long that your side has talked the talk, walked the walk, that they forgot who hired them. They were all hired to work for the US - no other Nation. You tell me what is wrong with seeking fair trade deals or telling people you have to respect our laws to enter our Country?

It's like this last 'event' where the Democrats screamed for the separated children of the illegal aliens. American kids get separated from their parents everyday when the parents break our laws and not one crocodile tear was shed. The American taxpayer does not have to pay for the world or feel guilty because others broke our laws.

You want to get me or others like me back; come back home and support your voters! Politicians are simply temporary workers that we hire to work for US!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2018, 06:34 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,371 posts, read 11,575,223 times
Reputation: 4327
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I became a Republican, like many, to support President Trump. I did not become one to support many of the Republican policies.
How did you vote down ballot ?



Quote:
You still have this problem with not one Democrat that wants to make our Nation better.
I dont have that problem.

You and I have different definitions of "better".


Quote:
It has been so long that your side has talked the talk, walked the walk, that they forgot who hired them. They were all hired to work for the US - no other Nation. You tell me what is wrong with seeking fair trade deals or telling people you have to respect our laws to enter our Country?
Nothing wrong with those things, but you are proving my point

You are destroying your argument again. Congress rights the laws, and the things you are talking about are the fault of Republicans, not Democrats.

Quote:
It's like this last 'event' where the Democrats screamed for the separated children of the illegal aliens. American kids get separated from their parents everyday when the parents break our laws and not one crocodile tear was shed. The American taxpayer does not have to pay for the world or feel guilty because others broke our laws.
You are making false equivalency. A random John Doe killing someone in Iowa isnt equal to someone from Mexico escaping drug gangs who may be trying to murder them.


Quote:
You want to get me or others like me back; come back home and support your voters! Politicians are simply temporary workers that we hire to work for US!
Democrats support voters just fine, you for some reason thing they dont support you, but your reasoning is flawed on multiple levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2018, 06:45 AM
 
79,555 posts, read 33,756,358 times
Reputation: 15968
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I became a Republican, like many, to support President Trump. I did not become one to support many of the Republican policies.


You still have this problem with not one Democrat that wants to make our Nation better. It has been so long that your side has talked the talk, walked the walk, that they forgot who hired them. They were all hired to work for the US - no other Nation. You tell me what is wrong with seeking fair trade deals or telling people you have to respect our laws to enter our Country?
Trump's solutions so far have not been free market ones but rather socialist ones. Tariffs and bail outs. Take form the poor to give to the rich version of socialism, but socialism all the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2018, 06:55 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,371 posts, read 11,575,223 times
Reputation: 4327
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump's solutions so far have not been free market ones but rather socialist ones. Tariffs and bail outs. Take form the poor to give to the rich version of socialism, but socialism all the same.
Tariffs can work if strategically used, but these werent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2018, 07:16 AM
 
79,555 posts, read 33,756,358 times
Reputation: 15968
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Tariffs can work if strategically used, but these werent.
The point was that tariffs are not free market capitalist solutions like Trump supporters pretend to support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2018, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,371 posts, read 11,575,223 times
Reputation: 4327
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The point was that tariffs are not free market capitalist solutions like Trump supporters pretend to support.
true, neither are these farm bailouts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2018, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
34,712 posts, read 33,740,349 times
Reputation: 51977
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Tariffs can work if strategically used, but these werent.
Too early to tell. So far, economists, just like politicians have been wrong with their predictions. If you want, I can find all of the videos from early 2017 and late 2016 with them telling us there was no way our economy would improve under Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2018, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,371 posts, read 11,575,223 times
Reputation: 4327
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Too early to tell. So far, economists, just like politicians have been wrong with their predictions. If you want, I can find all of the videos from early 2017 and late 2016 with them telling us there was no way our economy would improve under Trump.
You are purposefully leaving out context, which was that if Trump implemented all the policies he was talking about on the campaign trail, there was no way the economy would improve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:46 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top