Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2018, 08:58 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm not a leftist at all. I'm a moderate democrat. Remember their are moderates in both parties. And my problem with Cruz is that he doesn't have a spine. We elected a republican governor in one of the most bluest states whom I voted for and will again, because he's a moderate and will not bow down to Trump. So tell me again how I am a well know leftist
To the cultists on this board, a middle of the road Democrat is a Bolshevik; so are sane Republicans. They’ll also tell you that the wrong side won the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln was a bigger war criminal than Hitler and that freedom in America died when the Federal Reserve Act was passed and the income tax established. In other words, this forum is a wormhole to an alternative universe.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 09-02-2018 at 09:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 01:01 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Republicans love all Americans.
no, they dont

Old 09-03-2018, 01:11 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
I'm not a leftist at all. I'm a moderate democrat. Remember their are moderates in both parties. And my problem with Cruz is that he doesn't have a spine. We elected a republican governor in one of the most bluest states whom I voted for and will again, because he's a moderate and will not bow down to Trump. So tell me again how I am a well know leftist
there isnt a single state where the republican candidate was better than the democratic one.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Let's just say, regardless of who you voted for once or twice, you might have a different opinion about moderate versus left. Anyway, glad you can say you did vote for a Republican for governor.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:26 AM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see.
  • Democrats hate most of America
  • Republicans love all Americans.
Here's a tip. Democrats will never win elections by hating the voters. Ask Hillary about Deplorables.
Your comments are more off the wall by the day. Are you in St Petersburg?

Wait til somebody on Beto's side brings up the Russians inspiring the governor to call out the Guard because Obama was invading Texas.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:28 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
To the cultists on this board, a middle of the road Democrat is a Bolshevik; so are sane Republicans. They’ll also tell you that the wrong side won the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln was a bigger war criminal than Hitler and that freedom in America died when the Federal Reserve Act was passed and the income tax established. In other words, this forum is a wormhole to an alternative universe.
Beto is too far to the left for immigration issues and maybe other things as well, but Cruz is too far to the right on EVERYTHING that I care about. Cruz also has no family pride, hates his ethnicity, anti-gay and not likeable at all. Beto is the lesser of two evils. He is so honest and has such swagger.
Voting for Beto would be a good start to moving to a two-party system in Texas where these politicians have to COMPETE for our votes and don’t take us for granted like a one-party system does. It will be productive over the long term to have a two-party State as it used to be.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:36 PM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Beto is too far to the left for immigration issues and maybe other things as well, but Cruz is too far to the right on EVERYTHING that I care about. Cruz also has no family pride, hates his ethnicity, anti-gay and not likeable at all. Beto is the lesser of two evils. He is so honest and has such swagger.
Voting for Beto would be a good start to moving to a two-party system in Texas where these politicians have to COMPETE for our votes and don’t take us for granted like a one-party system does. It will be productive over the long term to have a two-party State as it used to be.
Texas cannot be 2 parties again until after redistricting. Tom DeLay did a great job making Texas a one party state last time around. Some districts look like they are 5 miles wide and 250 miles long.

I'm in Congressional district 7. Demographics had a huge impact here. If Lizzie wins it will be the first time I have ever had Congress person that I voted for. I would have voted for Bill Archer or Will Hurd had we lived in their district..

As far as Beto being too liberal on immigration. He's just saying out loud what the whole damn congress thinks. They will never deport the 11 million here. It will take forever and cost a fortune. Those eminent domain law suits down on the border have not yet been resolved since Chertoff took the land.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:44 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Texas cannot be 2 parties again until after redistricting.....
Redistricting has absolutely no bearing on a US Senate race.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:09 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,346 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgv_aDrsOcg

The truth always comes out.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:31 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
no, they dont
Have you asked any?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections