U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2018, 08:48 PM

22,758 posts, read 16,197,761 times

Advertisements

How Rep. O’Rourke’s spent part of his Labor Day:

“The El Paso Central Labor Union hosted its 44th annual Labor Day Breakfast on Monday morning with a slew of speakers that included state Rep. Mary González and U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke, who is challenging Sen. Ted Cruz for Texas' U.S. Senate seat.”

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/ne...gs/1185532002/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 09:23 PM

11,930 posts, read 5,669,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgv_aDrsOcg

The truth always comes out.
Beto's body language is interesting - he stands back wringing his hands and finally says -

"It was LEGAL for my father in law to steal your homes" ...... Follow the MONEY

Old 09-03-2018, 09:32 PM

23,236 posts, read 11,483,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Have you asked any?
yes, i have.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:45 PM

1,195 posts, read 568,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Beto's body language is interesting - he stands back wringing his hands and finally says -

Your "quote" is not a verbatim quote of what was said.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:59 PM

1,386 posts, read 624,683 times
Quote:

Exactly.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:32 PM

1,564 posts, read 546,768 times
Quote:

The horrors of Gentrification are being played out in every big city across the country. I wouldn’t expect El Paso to be any different. I wonder why they even scheduled Beto to be there? Their lives would not be any easier under Sen Rafael Cruz, who looks at them with disdain since they are mixed race mestizos. Gentrification is a battle that can’t be won by poor folks. White people want their land too badly.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:49 AM

11,930 posts, read 5,669,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
Your "quote" is not a verbatim quote of what was said.
True - I paraphrased the meeting.

These Hispanics went through the history and the results of what happened - (Beto said nothing, his Hispanic aids did the talking) - in the end, they brought up WHO got their property.

Beto's Father-in-Law ..... Beto's comment was "It was Legal".

Old 09-04-2018, 10:36 AM

15,311 posts, read 17,517,106 times
Quote:
Beto's body language is interesting - he stands back wringing his hands

That youtube appears to be many years old. Beto is much younger and his hair is completely dark with no gray.

Beto today has lots of gray in this hair.

Is that youtube 10 years old?

Old 09-04-2018, 11:07 AM

22,758 posts, read 16,197,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
That youtube appears to be many years old. Beto is much younger and his hair is completely dark with no gray.

Beto today has lots of gray in this hair.

Is that youtube 10 years old?
I believe it is from 2007, so 11 years old.

Seems that they have to go way back to find stuff to try to tar him with.

Has anyone checked to see how any of that development played out?

I was in El Paso in July. The new stadium is beautiful and while I was sad to see that the Science museum lost their space, time as they say, marches on. They have moved to a new space so all was not lost.

I was more sad when Trump razed the Bonwit Teller building to erect the monstrosity that is Trump Tower.
But I digress.

El Paso still rates as one of the safest large cities in the nation which makes it very attractive to business development.
For example, the city is starting to attract start-ups that are hiring at decent wages for jobs that include full benefits. I know this because my grand-daughter is working at one.
The older shopping district, that leads to/from the pedestrian bridge to Juarez is still going strong and there are tons of housing developments going up on both the east and west sides of the city.
The highways are being re-built to handle the greater population.

And all of this growth is taking place while Rep. O'Rourke has been in office.
Yes, growing pains are tough, but if O'Rourke was a Republican, I am willing to bet that people would be singing a completely different tune, oh, something along the lines of, businesses must be allowed to expand and full steam ahead.
Or are Republicans now against Trump's sort of progress and expansion?
Funny, because I don't recall any of his supporters having the least bit of an issue with how he treated the people of Atlantic City.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:09 PM

35,083 posts, read 19,189,346 times
I attended a Beto rally recently.

Hundreds attended, so many that the venue was overloaded and they moved it outdoors, even though it was 95 degrees under the brutal Texas summer sun. Didn't matter. Beto was engaging and on point and the crowd was enthusiastic.

He's definitely building some momentum.

He'd be a big upgrade over Cruz.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or