U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-07-2018, 09:33 PM
 
11,921 posts, read 5,659,557 times
Reputation: 6937

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
The race between Balderson and O'Connor in Ohio 12th should be real interesting when they run it again in November.
I believe that is the home district of the Son of a Mailman -- probably the #1 Anti-Trumper in the USA.
He still has a lot of power in that district ..... and is almost certain to primary President Trump in 2020.

 
Old 08-07-2018, 09:39 PM
 
11,921 posts, read 5,659,557 times
Reputation: 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You can spin it all you want. The fact is this seat shouldnít have even been in play for Republicans. I think the close margin may be a sign of whatís to come.
Oh YEAH! The Famous BIG BLUE WAVE
Republicans have ZERO chance to hold the House and will probably LOSE the Senate.

Everyone needs to Remember - in Leftist Speak

A WIN is a LOSS (for Republicans) - we learned that with the Queen who failed to get her crown and we learned that lesson again tonight. A Win is a LOSS and anything less than that is just SPIN.

I'm still SPINNING the WIN and failed to be a LOSS in 2016.
 
Old 08-07-2018, 09:44 PM
 
20,586 posts, read 8,759,193 times
Reputation: 7081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Oh YEAH! The Famous BIG BLUE WAVE
Republicans have ZERO chance to hold the House and will probably LOSE the Senate.

Everyone needs to Remember - in Leftist Speak

A WIN is a LOSS (for Republicans) - we learned that with the Queen who failed to get her crown and we learned that lesson again tonight. A Win is a LOSS and anything less than that is just SPIN.

I'm still SPINNING the WIN and failed to be a LOSS in 2016.
Iím talking about this particular seat. Why are you going on a tangent about a different election
 
Old 08-07-2018, 09:49 PM
 
5,384 posts, read 1,518,639 times
Reputation: 2216
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You can spin it all you want. The fact is this seat shouldn’t have even been in play for Republicans. I think the close margin may be a sign of what’s to come.
Only, its not spin.
I said it before counting even began-
"I hope Republicans win by 1% so it motivates them into a big voter turnout in November.
An easy win is the worst result for Republicans."
Ohio 12th district special election- polls show dead heat
 
Old 08-07-2018, 09:52 PM
 
5,284 posts, read 1,965,460 times
Reputation: 6761
Whoa... organized labor unions get a landslide victory in Missouri: Right-to-work law was demolished 67-33. Anti-union Republicans really got smacked hard here. Could be that workers are getting fed up with stagnant wages while the 1% have been making money hand over fist.
 
Old 08-07-2018, 09:53 PM
 
2,767 posts, read 2,480,931 times
Reputation: 1920
I love how liberals keep spinning it as "It doesn't matter if he won, the race was close, you should be worried." A win is a win.
 
Old 08-07-2018, 09:58 PM
 
20,586 posts, read 8,759,193 times
Reputation: 7081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Whoa... organized labor unions get a landslide victory in Missouri: Right-to-work law was demolished 67-33. Anti-union Republicans really got smacked hard here. Could be that workers are getting fed up with stagnant wages while the 1% have been making money hand over fist.
Very happy to hear that
 
Old 08-07-2018, 10:02 PM
 
5,384 posts, read 1,518,639 times
Reputation: 2216
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I love how liberals keep spinning it as "It doesn't matter if he won, the race was close, you should be worried." A win is a win.
It shows how disgusting they are.....they find a way to brag about a loss and shove their loss in our faces
 
Old 08-07-2018, 10:06 PM
 
647 posts, read 157,613 times
Reputation: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Whoa... organized labor unions get a landslide victory in Missouri: Right-to-work law was demolished 67-33. Anti-union Republicans really got smacked hard here. Could be that workers are getting fed up with stagnant wages while the 1% have been making money hand over fist.
Its a mute point. Supreme Court already ruled on this so why waste time voting to keep it when the law of the land has already been laid down on it? LOL...
 
Old 08-07-2018, 10:11 PM
 
11,921 posts, read 5,659,557 times
Reputation: 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Iím talking about this particular seat. Why are you going on a tangent about a different election
It shows a Pattern - Politics is an ugly game and it can't be taken for granted.
That said - it's NOT Horseshoes and close doesn't count except in Horseshoes.
No question that the Democrats outspent the Republicans and had a GREAT ground game.
90% is a huge turnout .... at this point, it wasn't enough. It will be weeks before we know the certified result.

Turnout for the GOP was 50% of general election while it was 90% for dems. The Left were really desperate for that win and got denied (at this point at least) - for whatever reason, 50% of the Republicans didn't vote (or may have voted in the mail in ballots (about 5,000 of them to be counted) or even in the 3,000 or so Provisonal Ballots.

Which ever way it goes after all the votes are counted (this isn't over YET) then a WIN is a WIN for this round and round 2 is in November with the same 2 Candidates.

It's really not worth all the Drama about a "WIN is really a LOSS" ... just as it wasn't worth it in 2016.
We have lived with almost 2 years of Hysterical Meltdown over that business and Normal People are FED-UP with the nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:28 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top