Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 07:18 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times

Advertisements

Lies and scare tactics again. O"Rourke's campaign made a charitable donation to a non-profit organization which assists immigrants who are already here.

Nothing whatsoever to do with those making their way north.

Good grief, did no one ever teach any of your Trumpites how to do basic research?? Or is it that being honest is the real problem, rather than not researching your fake claims?

Old 11-03-2018, 07:20 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Meanwhile, good luck trying to see this in the liberal mainstream media.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:22 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wow, these Democrats really have some sorry losers working for them. They hate America, all of them.
You mean like the trump administration, yeah I agree!

Old 11-03-2018, 07:31 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Question:
Legitimate question here but can someone describe how this is illegal? I watched about 15 minutes and then stopped.

Federal campaign finance laws allow campaigns to spend money on charitable donations and it sounds like they’re just providing food, water, and medicine to asylum seekers. If they’re doing that through churches (which it sounds like), those are c3 organizations. Did I miss something?

Reply:
Not only are charitable donations and purchases allowed, they’re also allowed to give gifts to people not affiliated with the campaign.

https://www.fec.gov/help-candidates-.../personal-use/

The whole video falls apart for anyone who can read the link above. That took 30 seconds for me to find.

If it's so above board and charitable, why so sneaky and hoping the wrong person doesn't find out? More will come out about this. We will find out more about what laws are broken here. Pretending that their intentions are honorable is conniving and disgusting

You can say that they are "helping charity" but these people are being paid to invade a country. That is not charity. These people who are behind this are causing harm to our country and if one American loses their life or is raped or assaulted in any way by one of these illegals, I hope those behind them coming here get life in prison if not the death penalty.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:35 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,020,697 times
It's not going to end well for Beto.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:39 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times
Quote:
Question:
Legitimate question here but can someone describe how this is illegal? I watched about 15 minutes and then stopped.

Federal campaign finance laws allow campaigns to spend money on charitable donations and it sounds like they’re just providing food, water, and medicine to asylum seekers. If they’re doing that through churches (which it sounds like), those are c3 organizations. Did I miss something?

Reply:
Not only are charitable donations and purchases allowed, they’re also allowed to give gifts to people not affiliated with the campaign.

The whole video falls apart for anyone who can read the link above. That took 30 seconds for me to find.

Thoughtful, well written and fact based post. Thanks.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:29 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,393,640 times
Lying Ted is at it again....slithering like a snake in the grass kissing deplorable Donald's a-z-z.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:22 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
If it's so above board and charitable, why so sneaky and hoping the wrong person doesn't find out? More will come out about this. We will find out more about what laws are broken here. Pretending that their intentions are honorable is conniving and disgusting

You can say that they are "helping charity" but these people are being paid to invade a country. That is not charity. These people who are behind this are causing harm to our country and if one American loses their life or is raped or assaulted in any way by one of these illegals, I hope those behind them coming here get life in prison if not the death penalty.
No one is paying them to invade...unless you count the Republicans who hire them when they get here.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:43 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Project Veritas? That's the same group that got arrested with federal charges for those phony Planned Parenthood films. They edit videos by stringing together statements taken out of context to make the people being recorded look like they're saying things they're not. They are pure slime.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:46 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Question:

Reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Lies and scare tactics again. O"Rourke's campaign made a charitable donation to a non-profit organization which assists immigrants who are already here.

Nothing whatsoever to do with those making their way north.

Good grief, did no one ever teach any of your Trumpites how to do basic research?? Or is it that being honest is the real problem, rather than not researching your fake claims?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Project Veritas? That's the same group that got sued for those phony Planned Parenthood films. They edit videos by stringing together statements taken out of context to make the people being recorded look like they're saying things they're not. They are pure slime.
Exactly all of this.

More fake news from those that scream fake news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections