Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 election?
Bernie Sanders 30 45.45%
Donald Trump 31 46.97%
3rd Party Candidate 4 6.06%
Will Stay home 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 08:17 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

I don't see where Bernie would have won ANY battleground state that Hillary did not win.

So it would be Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 08:43 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
With that being said, Warren, Hillary, Bernie are pro illegal alien. It sounds lovely to give and give to the needy but how many times have we seen the needs of illegal immigrants take precedence over our elderly, troubled veterans and homeless. I think the real slap in the face from the Liberals that are shedding tears for the poor asylum seekers that are fleeing fear of gangs, violence, rape and death BUT not a single tear has been shed when it comes to the people (mostly minorities by the way) that are living in some seriously dangerous inner cities.

Illegal aliens cost us all approx 116 Billion dollars per year. Imagine if a fraction of that cost could be diverted to helping the needy, the disabled?

We have a President that recognizes the financial drain on our country that is caused by illegal immigration and don't forget the crimes that some of them commit. Trump wants to do something to protect America and the Left calls him Hitler for it.

I say the "stronger public safety net" starts with safe streets to walk, jog (poor Mollie Tibbets) and drive on.

Trump would have more credibility if he wasn’t such a complete asshat when he talks and tweets. Just think what he might be able to accomplish if he spoke more like an Obama, Clinton or Reagan? There are indeed a lot of issues that need to be tackled: birthright citizenship, anchor babies, DACA, unnecessary and excessive entitlements for legal and illegal immigrants and way too many H1Bs and their families that steal jobs from Americans. Trump is too stupid to explain any of those in a way that ppl could understand.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxmanSneaks View Post
Who would you vote for just being curious.
Hard to even vote as this choice will never happen.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxmanSneaks View Post
Looks like Trump wins this poll at least for now.
I voted to stay home.
I could never stay home. Anyone who chooses not to vote has absolutely no say in what happens to this country. they also have no right to ever complain about any decisions the government makes

Old 08-27-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Trump is one of the most corrupt and vile human beings to hold office. Bernie Sanders isn't. At least not yet.

The lesser of two evils here is obviously Bernie. While I think Bernie is terribly misguided, he at least has principles. Trump doesn't have an ounce of principle in his entire body.

My choice? Be sane and vote Libertarian.
regardless as to how you may feel about him. he is doing his best to fulfill his promises.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:00 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Trump would have more credibility if he wasn’t such a complete asshat when he talks and tweets. Just think what he might be able to accomplish if he spoke more like an Obama, Clinton or Reagan? There are indeed a lot of issues that need to be tackled: birthright citizenship, anchor babies, DACA, unnecessary and excessive entitlements for legal and illegal immigrants and way too many H1Bs and their families that steal jobs from Americans. Trump is too stupid to explain any of those in a way that ppl could understand.

I agree. Trump is NOT a politician and that was part of his appeal to the voters. Obama could deliver a speech like a preacher on fire and when he was off the teleprompter he would choose each word and weigh it like a lawyer in the court room. His pauses were a bit annoying but they made him look more "tactful"?

Trump shoots from the hip, tells it like it is and he can certainly get a crowd cheering but he needs to reign it back when dealing with the slow process in DC.

The trouble with Trump is that he thinks he is still in the board room where he has the final say.

He has lots of good ideas that would benefit us all but his delivery is terrible. Even when he does do something good that even CNN has to recognize it usually isn't too long before his thumbs get all in a twist on Twitter.

We have gone from the slick silver tongue Obama that could dance the DC shuffle to a guy that likes to shout and stomp around, again a reason why he was popular.

Trump is his own worse enemy.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:16 PM

673 posts, read 466,070 times
Apparently some of you haven't figured out ol' burnie is a Marxist. Why re-name him burnie?........cuz he wants to burn thru tax payers money by providing free everything for people that didn't work for it.

Some of you can write about Trump, but, one thing you can't complain about, he is getting things done.
Like him or not.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:01 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
regardless as to how you may feel about him. he is doing his best to fulfill his promises.
But is his best good enough?
That's the big question.

A lesser question is
"Is Trump doing his best?"

i think either or both are debatable.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
But is his best good enough?
That's the big question.

A lesser question is
"Is Trump doing his best?"

i think either or both are debatable.
Interesting question: The only way he could do better is if he he did keep his mouth shut a little more and his hands ties behind his back so he couldn't twitter hours a day. Limit him to 1 hour a day to express his feelings. As for his best being good enough? I am saying he is doing more to fill his promises than many in the past have done. He set some pretty high standards and goals for himself.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:39 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,052 times
I vote for Bernie......I can then quit my job and lay up in my pad with my baby mamas and smoke weed and drink Schlitz and watch the VIEW and check the mailbox in the afternoon to see if my Gubment check come yet and then come back to my pad and chill.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections