Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 08:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,653,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Have you noticed how, despite condemning many of the sources we link to, they never want to share theirs?
I’ve asked several posters in the past week or so to provide more reliable sources and they never do.
Wouldn’t you think that, if more accurate information is out there, they would want everyone to have it?

Odd that they seem to want people to remain ignorant of the truth.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:21 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yeah, and lots of conservatives apparently thought Willie was one of them.

“Country music legend Willie Nelson has enraged some of his most conservative fans by announcing plans to play at a huge rally on behalf of Beto O’Rourke, the Democratic insurgent threatening an election upset in Texas.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...nce-fans-upset
anyone who knows anything about him or about politics never thought and certainly do not think now, that Willy N is or ever was a conservative. I really think you know this. Just because some blog prints some conservatives were upset doesn't make it true.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:25 AM

20,794 posts, read 9,435,750 times
Judging by the last 2 polls it looks like O'Rourke might be starting to catch up again?
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../senate/texas/

Old 11-01-2018, 08:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Lightbulb Unable to differentiate between facts and opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Have you noticed how, despite condemning many of the sources we link to, they never want to share theirs?
I’ve asked several posters in the past week or so to provide more reliable sources and they never do.
Wouldn’t you think that, if more accurate information is out there, they would want everyone to have it?

Odd that they seem to want people to remain ignorant of the truth.

I've noticed that when they do link to their "sources", those tend to be right wing opinion pieces instead of factual information.

And that goes a long way towards explaining why they live in a fantasy bubble where tRump is making America great again while, at the same time, we're under intense threat of "invasion" from a caravan of impoverished Hondurans hundreds of miles from our border.

MAGA, DTS and all that.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:04 AM

18,073 posts, read 18,750,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
anyone who knows anything about him or about politics never thought and certainly do not think now, that Willy N is or ever was a conservative. I really think you know this. Just because some blog prints some conservatives were upset doesn't make it true.
Lol, yea, I am not sure where people are getting that he was ever a conservative.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,653,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
First, Not a blog.
Second, You can read the twitter responses for yourself and see that there are apparently many people who believed that Mr. Nelson was on "their" side.

Lastly, show me a source that says that anything in that link isn't true.
Something, anything that disproves the twitter posts, etc.
You constantly claim that things that I and other posters link to are fake, etc., and yet you never offer any opposing evidence to bolster your claims.

Why is that?
Do you honestly believe that if you say something often enough that will make it true, and better yet, make me and others believe it too?

Really?

"Despite the freely available evidence, however, many of Nelson's conservative fans are none too happy with the fact that their man confirmed the obvious."

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/...ourke-11139917

"But judging by comments on his Facebook post announcing the show, some conservatives are abandoning Willie after decades of fandom."

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-cul...onger-unifies/

Old 11-01-2018, 10:34 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,591,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Judging by the last 2 polls it looks like O'Rourke might be starting to catch up again?
Have to think pollsters are adjusting their methodology with the huge early turnout of young voters. Think Texas is up 507% over 2016.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:59 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,427,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

Seems to be moving toward O'Rourke's direction very recently after a big shift toward Cruz. Still not a toss-up, but it has moved closer per the newest polls.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:52 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,611,972 times
I believe O' Rourke can win. So much momentum and new voter interest and enthusiasm.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:15 PM

1,733 posts, read 945,194 times
Whoops, Beto caught in another lie:

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/31/b...ants-campaign/

Democratic Rep. Beto O’Rourke spent millions of dollars on a consulting firm during the final stretch of the campaign despite repeatedly declaring that his campaign would not use any consultants.
O’Rourke, who is running for Senate in Texas against incumbent Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, has been promoting his campaign as PAC-free, special interest-free and consultant-free since it first kicked off. O’Rourke told The Dallas Morning News in March 2017 he would not utilize poll-testing or be “consulting with consultants” and has repeated that claim at countless rallies and media events.
However, filings from the Federal Election Commission, first reported by Fox News Wednesday, show that O’Rourke’s campaign has been paying a consulting firm, Screen Strategies Media, almost $18 million during the last quarter.
“We don’t have a pollster, we don’t have consultants. We don’t use focus groups,” O’Rourke told The Dallas Morning News in February. “This is the power of the people, and you have shown so much — so much, so far.” (RELATED: O’Rourke’s Lifelong Republican’ Mother More Often Votes Democrat)
Only a month after O’Rourke spoke to The Dallas Morning News, the Texas Tribune revealed that the El Paso congressman had, in fact, hired two separate consulting firms prior to launching his campaign. At the time, he paid just under $30,000 to A.J. Goodman Consulting Corporation and Revolution Messaging, a firm instrumental in Independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ 2016 presidential campaign. O’Rourke justified the move by saying he hired such firms to assist in the “technical” aspects, but would continue to avoid consultants that would “sharpen [his] message.”
“I don’t have a pollster,” O’Rourke said at the time. “I don’t have a consultant who packages the message, tells me what to say, says, ‘This is what Texas believes,’ or ‘You’ve got to tack to the middle to get to them over here.'”
O’Rourke also seemingly walked back his pledge not to accept any money from political action committees (PACs). Since being in Congress, the anti-Zionist J Street PAC has raised over $170,000 on behalf of O’Rourke, The Daily Caller News Foundation reported in July.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.