Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2018, 07:28 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Time Magazine? Irrelevant. They said the same thing about Hillary too.
Hillary is/was very intelligent and experienced also. You think you are smarter than Time Magazine? LOL.

You Trump people just want an outlet for your rage and sense of mistreatment by the government. That’s why we are having these hate crimes. Trump has made his base feel it is OK to act out his and their angry ideas and actions. Trump needs to be defeated badly in 2020, and I hope and pray his minions are defeated in the mid-terms.

We sane, moderate people need to take our country back from the abyss.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
Well thanks for your OPINION.

I can't tell but I got a real good feeling the polls are BS on this race...just like Florida's are. Its the fascination with her possibly being the first black woman governor etc. Up where I live I have seen maybe 2 Abrams signs...all the rest is Kemp signs. I think Kemp wins by at least 4 or 5 points. He completely blew out our sitting Lt Governor thank god and I think the GOP electorate is scared of what Abrams will do as governor and are turning out like crazy. My parents already sent in their straight GOP ballots and me and the wife vote on election day. I would be SHOCKED if Abrams won.

Any coincidence you are referring to two races in which BLACK candidates are doing well (GA & FL). Are there more than 1500 people living in Ellijay? Early voting so far in Georgia (and 7 other states) at this point has already surpassed all the early voting in the 2014 mid-term. The GOP electorate is probably scared that GA will have a woman (and horror of horrors) a black woman as Governor!!

Old 10-29-2018, 08:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The media is trying to spin this as being for Beto
They are? All I'm hearing on the news is that he's behind Cruz.

Could be that your anti-media bias is influencing your perception.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:24 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Hillary is/was very intelligent and experienced also. You think you are smarter than Time Magazine? LOL.

You Trump people just want an outlet for your rage and sense of mistreatment by the government. That’s why we are having these hate crimes. Trump has made his base feel it is OK to act out his and their angry ideas and actions. Trump needs to be defeated badly in 2020, and I hope and pray his minions are defeated in the mid-terms.

We sane, moderate people need to take our country back from the abyss.

since when? Nobody would even know who she was if it weren't for who she is married to

Old 10-29-2018, 08:35 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
since when? Nobody would even know who she was if it weren't for who she is married to
A very similar point could be made about the sons of George H.W. Bush.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:39 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
A very similar point could be made about the sons of George H.W. Bush.
Same thing with Trump, ex-wives, wife and his kids.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:43 PM

391 posts, read 158,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Any coincidence you are referring to two races in which BLACK candidates are doing well (GA & FL). Are there more than 1500 people living in Ellijay? Early voting so far in Georgia (and 7 other states) at this point has already surpassed all the early voting in the 2014 mid-term. The GOP electorate is probably scared that GA will have a woman (and horror of horrors) a black woman as Governor!!
Nope not a coincidence at all if you had read what I said. Its a fascination with trying to elect the first black woman governor...jeez do you not read the WHOLE thing I said? Goodness. People in Florida are not going to vote for a moron who will raise their taxes. Retirees move to Florida to ESCAPE taxes....Yep early voting is up obviously..because we don't want a radical extremist as governor but there is a saving grace in that she won't get much down because the GOP controls the legislature here.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Do you ever keep up with current events? Hillary was a Senator from NY for 6 years and also Secretary of State. I think a huge portion if the well-read population knows that.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
Nope not a coincidence at all if you had read what I said. Its a fascination with trying to elect the first black woman governor...jeez do you not read the WHOLE thing I said? Goodness. People in Florida are not going to vote for a moron who will raise their taxes. Retirees move to Florida to ESCAPE taxes....Yep early voting is up obviously..because we don't want a radical extremist as governor but there is a saving grace in that she won't get much down because the GOP controls the legislature here.
I read every word you wrote, twice. I see the anti-black cover up with the standard GOP siren call that a candidate who is not their tribe will raise taxes. Kemp is a dishonest jerk.

Gillum has suggested raising Florida’s CORPORATE tax rate from 5.5 to 7.75% which would generate an additional $1 billion for the state. The info you referenced above was from an attack ad by his opponent. As a former resident, I don’t think most FL retirees will be paying that. I also know that Florida could sure use the extra funds. They need to fight that algae that is ruining their beaches and their tourist business.

Last edited by staywarm2; 10-29-2018 at 09:04 PM..

Old 10-29-2018, 09:02 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I just spend over 45 minutes standing in line on the first day of early voting in Houston, Texas. This was not in the Beto O'Rourke part of town, either.

Harris County smashes early voting record

The media is trying to spin this as being for Beto, but I can assure you that is not the case where I live.

I understand they do not have early voting in many Northeastern states for some reason, by the way. Why is that, I wonder?
The real Red Wave of election day will wash away the media Trumped up faux Blue Wave.

I expect the Democrat controlled polling to be almost as accurate as their Nov 16 predictions of a Hillary landslide win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections