Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:24 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Why did Geraldine Ferraro had to step down for this innocent remark that she made? Yesterday Hannity (Fox News) read a quote of Obama made in 2005 by him self, stating if he wasn't black he wouldn't be having the job he had.

Why did geraldine Ferraro get 14 calls last week from Texas when the Obama camp was there to ask the office where she works, to have her fired. What a coincidence....

Isn't this all very hypocrite? Aren;t the people in Obama's camp playing the racist card when white people saying the same as blacks are saying? This is not helping the racist issues in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 12:36 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why did Geraldine Ferraro had to step down for this innocent remark that she made? Yesterday Hannity (Fox News) read a quote of Obama made in 2005 by him self, stating if he wasn't black he wouldn't be having the job he had.

Why did geraldine Ferraro get 14 calls last week from Texas when the Obama camp was there to ask the office where she works, to have her fired. What a coincidence....

Isn't this all very hypocrite? Aren;t the people in Obama's camp playing the racist card when white people saying the same as blacks are saying? This is not helping the racist issues in the world.
The same reason Obama can say "typical white person" and get a pass, but you can't say "typical black person" and receive a pass.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:36 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times
Quote:

I do believe it was 24.

Obama plays dirty politics just as good as the rest.

The only change from the status quo will be his skin color if elected.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:38 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,208,190 times
Quote:

As a white person, do you call black people the N word? No, because it would be horrendously offensive. My cousin, a gay man, will jokingly call himself a ***** or the F word but that doesn't make it okay for homophobes to use those words. It's all about intent. Ferraro may have been telling the truth but she did so in a way that could be construed as racist. She opened herself up for attack by making those statements so she's fair game.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
As a white person, do you call black people the N word? No, because it would be horrendously offensive. My cousin, a gay man, will jokingly call himself a ***** or the F word but that doesn't make it okay for homophobes to use those words. It's all about intent.
And Obama's buds Farrakhan calling Jews "blue eyed devils" and Jeremiah Wright calling Italians "garlic nosed"? What intent would that be? Hate?

Old 04-04-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
And Obama's buds Farrakhan calling Jews "blue eyed devils" and Jeremiah Wright calling Italians "garlic nosed"? What intent would that be? Hate?
Oh really, he and Farrakhan are friends? That's news to me as he rejected his endorsement. Are you telling me that the Jews and Italians living in New York City who attacked and killed black teenagers and then attacked their parents and friends for protesting and called them N*****s weren't racist. Whether you admit it or not, African Americans are still treated worse than other minority groups. You'd rather call Obama racist than address the real issue here.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Oh really, he and Farrakhan are friends? That's news to me as he rejected his endorsement. Are you telling me that the Jews and Italians living in New York City who attacked and killed black teenagers and then attacked their parents and friends for protesting and called them N*****s weren't racist. Whether you admit it or not, African Americans are still treated worse than other minority groups. You'd rather call Obama racist than address the real issue here.
So you didn't answer my question.

Farrakhan calling Jews "blue eyed devils" and Jeremiah Wright calling Italians "garlic nosed". What intent is that? Hate? Do you cure hate by spewing hate? Obama is running to lead this country and his 20 YEAR MENTOR is a big racist. His 20 YEAR MENTOR who honored the racist, hate monger Farrakhan as a great man.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
So you didn't answer my question.

Farrakhan calling Jews "blue eyed devils" and Jeremiah Wright calling Italians "garlic nosed". What intent is that? Hate? Do you cure hate by spewing hate? Obama is running to lead this country and his 20 YEAR MENTOR is a big racist. His 20 YEAR MENTOR who honored the racist, hate monger Farrakhan as a great man.
Did Obama call these groups those names? If not, then I don't understand how it's relevant. I went to a Catholic church that was anti-gay marriage and pro-life and I happened to disagree with their stances. But if I was running for President I wouldn't want people to say that I hate gay rights and women's rights just because I attended that church. I'm sure most of us have shady people in our past that we wish we didn't associate with. My grandpa grew up in the deep south and only stopped crossing the street to avoid black people when my cousin married a black man and he had to either put aside his prejudice or never see her again. He and my cousin's husband actually became very close friends in the years leading up to my grandpa's death. But I wouldn't want any of my friends to judge me based on my grandfather's world views, regardless of how close he and I were. You're not placing the blame where it belongs. Unless Obama made those racist and hateful comments you have no business attributing them to him.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Did Obama call these groups those names? If not, then I don't understand how it's relevant. I went to a Catholic church that was anti-gay marriage and pro-life and I happened to disagree with their stances. But if I was running for President I wouldn't want people to say that I hate gay rights and women's rights just because I attended that church. I'm sure most of us have shady people in our past that we wish we didn't associate with. My grandpa grew up in the deep south and only stopped crossing the street to avoid black people when my cousin married a black man and he had to either put aside his prejudice or never see her again. He and my cousin's husband actually became very close friends in the years leading up to my grandpa's death. But I wouldn't want any of my friends to judge me based on my grandfather's world views, regardless of how close he and I were. You're not placing the blame where it belongs. Unless Obama made those racist and hateful comments you have no business attributing them to him.
How is it relevent? Obama spent 20 YEARS with the racist Jeremiah Wright as his close "spiritual mentor". Obama sat in his church and listened to his hate and racism. Obama approved of it by not speaking out against it. Obama has yet to dis-own this racist man. You can't choose your family, but you can certainly choose your church. Obama had 20 years to choose between a church that preached HATE and SEPARATISM, or find another one that preached unity. He chose to stay in a racist, hate-filled church. That tells me all I need to know about Obama's beliefs.

Obama is a liar and does not believe in unity, and exhibits extremely poor judgement.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:18 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
Quote:
As a white person, do you call black people the N word? No, because it would be horrendously offensive. My cousin, a gay man, will jokingly call himself a ***** or the F word but that doesn't make it okay for homophobes to use those words. It's all about intent. Ferraro may have been telling the truth but she did so in a way that could be construed as racist. She opened herself up for attack by making those statements so she's fair game.
It is no less offensive for a black person to use the N word than it is for a white person. Any black that uses the word yet gets angry when a white person does the same is a hypocrite, plain and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections