Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:30 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

Top 5 Vice Presidential Running Mates Barack Obama Should Consider - Associated Content

Ive been a fan of Kathleen Sebelius for a while now. I really hope he picks her.

Al Gore I think is not so much a good idea. Only because he's been there and done that and we need fresh faces to compliment Obama's call for change-nothing personal against Al Gore-but like John McCain, his ship has sailed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 01:54 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,208,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Top 5 Vice Presidential Running Mates Barack Obama Should Consider - Associated Content

Ive been a fan of Kathleen Sebelius for a while now. I really hope he picks her.

Al Gore I think is not so much a good idea. Only because he's been there and done that and we need fresh faces to compliment Obama's call for change-nothing personal against Al Gore-but like John McCain, his ship has sailed.
I am an Al Gore fan but he's really into the environmental work he's doing now and he's said he wouldn't be interested in doing that job again. But things change, he might feel differently at some point which would be awesome. I'm also a Kathleen Sebelius fan, that could be a great ticket come November. I am starting to like the idea of Bill Richardson as a running mate more and more. The others, oh well, but the first three would be great in different ways.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:56 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
I am an Al Gore fan but he's really into the environmental work he's doing now and he's said he wouldn't be interested in doing that job again. But things change, he might feel differently at some point which would be awesome. I'm also a Kathleen Sebelius fan, that could be a great ticket come November. I am starting to like the idea of Bill Richardson as a running mate more and more. The others, oh well, but the first three would be great in different ways.
Bill Richardson might help Barack Obama with the hispanic vote(he does horribly with that group and it concerns me)

Old 04-04-2008, 01:58 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,208,190 times
Quote:
Bill Richardson might help Barack Obama with the hispanic vote(he does horribly with that group and it concerns me)
I agree. I live in Bakersfield and the racial tensions are quite noticable. I'm hoping that if he does choose Richardson, some of those tensions can be resolved.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
I think that is the main reason Richardson dumped Hill&Bill. I believe he will be offered the V.P. - to no avail.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:50 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
I don't see Al Gore on the ticket. Although he's gained much publicity of late because of his global warming emphasis, the peak of his political popularity came sometime before Clinton's Lewinsky scandal. He is forever associated with that period unfortunately for him and does represent the past.

Wesley Clark is a dud. I never understood the references to him as being a serious and viable candidate for any high office. He is a lethargic speaker, weak and uninspiring. He was easily beaten in the Democratic primaries when he ran. I believe he aligns himself more with Republicans than Democrats, favors the war machine. He voted for Nixon, Reagan, and Bush Sr. He has praised Dubya and supported the Iraq war. Not a good choice.

Bill Bradley. No. He too was a Democratic candidate fo rthe presidency and lost in his bad. He looks like a taller, more bald version of the tire-looking Robert Mitchum. I don't see how he fits in with the dynamic Obama.

Bill Richardson. I really don't know much about him except he's hispanic and was supposed to side with Hillary, but went for Obama. The man is obviously an independent thinker, very sharp, insightful, and intelligent. He tries to stand for high principles and respects that in others, which is why he sided with Obama. I have much respect for Richardson, but he too ran as a Democratic candidate and was not preferred. I think it is a mistake to think that just because he's on the ticket, he will bring the hispanic vote. Many hispanics appear to simply be racist against blacks and it is a gross misclaculation to assume that they will change their stripes simply because one of their own is on the ticket. My guess is that they continue to vote against black, whether that be Hillary because she is not black, or the Republicans because they have an anti-black platform and their candidate opposes the black candidate. Incredible shame that their vote is based on such ignorance for the most part.

Kathleen Sebelius. I personally don't know much about her. Like Richardson, I don't think putting a woman on the ticket to get the woman vote is a good strategy. She's not associated with the past like Gore, Clinton, Bradley, Clark, and so forth. She appears to be quite respected, well received in Kansas even by Republicans. Not a bad choice as far as I can tell. She'd even make a better presidential candidate than Hillary or McCain.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 04-04-2008 at 07:45 PM..

Old 04-04-2008, 07:03 PM

374 posts, read 231,319 times
Quote:

I think Sebelius would be a great choice. She has a great record, and has done wonders with Kansas' economy. She would be in the woman vote, and the more moderate and independent voters also.She would be an excellent choice. Richardson, not so quick. Come on, look at the primaries, not to many people voted for him...what makes us think the will if he's VP? Clark...not a chance. We don't need any Military person as VP. No matter. Cabinet position, maybe. Gore...he's been there, done that. Bradley..he's too scary and not friendly looking, he's part of the old school politics gang...no balance there. And Obama doesn't need his help to win the NE.So, out of this short list...Kathleen is the best choice.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:34 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
It's going to be Richardson. Get used to it.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:47 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
As long as Obama is the nominee, I trust his judgment and his selection. If it's Richardson, fine with me. I'd like to see a ticket that has no ties to the past however.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:01 PM

374 posts, read 231,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
It's going to be Richardson. Get used to it.
Richardson? You sound so sure. What brings you to this conclusion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections