Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 01:28 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,552,009 times

Advertisements

Far more than moderate Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 01:55 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What does that even mean ?

Seriously, America is a huge place and in every election for the past 70 years, neither party has had more than 60 to 70% control on a national level, many of those individual races being won on the margins.

A democrat or republicans who wins by 2% or loses by the same no less represents america than the candidate on the other side of the aisle.

You seem to define america as your side.
I define America as the legal immigrants and American citizens. I also put American interest first over all the other nations. I don't care if any other country does not approve; what counts is what is happening here.

Of course there are gray areas and of course there is compromise. But anybody that represents me has to place our interest first.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:59 PM

1,018 posts, read 510,901 times
Based upon the way they have been acting and the false accusations being dropped ever since Trump's election, it really doesn't seem like it. It's either "You agree with me" Or "You disagree with me so you're a fascist, racist, homophobe, etc." Proceeded with beating up Trump voters. So, my answer, no.

Old 10-30-2018, 02:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I define America as the legal immigrants and American citizens. I also put American interest first over all the other nations. I don't care if any other country does not approve; what counts is what is happening here.

Of course there are gray areas and of course there is compromise. But anybody that represents me has to place our interest first.
The world isnt that simple. Troops in Korea and the Navy in the Eastern seas defend American interests including trading routs. American funded schools in Afghanistan, Iraq and Africa make sure those kids arent radicalized by outside groups.

As for the immigrants themselves. We have had this debate before. You seem to believe that simply treating illegals with respects is treason.

Old 10-30-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am wondering if there are any moderate Democrats left out there? I ask because it appears that many Democrats running for office are lying about being moderate and are actually much more progressive and it has been shown on tape that they really are much more progressive than they are representing themselves to be. I wonder if any Democrats even care? Are there any moderate Democrats who would be mad if a candidate lied to pretend they were moderate when they are really progressive?
You need to define moderate.

Old 10-30-2018, 02:10 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
I am wondering if there are any moderate Democrats left out there? I ask because it appears that many Democrats running for office are lying about being moderate and are actually much more progressive and it has been shown on tape that they really are much more progressive than they are representing themselves to be. I wonder if any Democrats even care? Are there any moderate Democrats who would be mad if a candidate lied to pretend they were moderate when they are really progressive?
Are you serious? Moderate Dems are supposed to be upset and care if someone pretends to be moderate and is actually an extremist radical? Like how Trump pretends to be things he is not?

No I don't care. I really don't care. I really really don't care.

I care far more about the violent extremist radical right that are shooting up churches and mailing pipe bombs.

You should worry about them too. Put your own house in order before preaching to others with the transparently disingenuous comments.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:05 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
I am not talking about commercials. I am talking about film of candidates saying they stand for something different than they claim to stand for. You know, like when Hillary said you have a private policy and a public policy? That sort of thing.
What film of candidates would this be? Your post is confusing - candidates say they stand for something different than they claim to stand for - what does this even mean?

As for Hillary's comment about private policy and public policy, if I remember correctly, she was noting the necessity of keeping public statements clear, simple, brief, direct and easy to understand, while the actual platform was much more longer, more detailed and nuanced.

Two different purposes were served, which is quite normal, not suspicious at all, and can be seen in every normal American political party. If Hillary Clinton or any other candidate had droned on and on and on about their entire platform while campaigning, they'd bore their best supporters to death. Just common sense to avoid that, while making details available online and in print for those who are detail-minded.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
The world isnt that simple. Troops in Korea and the Navy in the Eastern seas defend American interests including trading routs. American funded schools in Afghanistan, Iraq and Africa make sure those kids arent radicalized by outside groups.

As for the immigrants themselves. We have had this debate before. You seem to believe that simply treating illegals with respects is treason.
Your idea of respect is paying their bills! People do not deserve something for nothing - how do think we made our money? You want my respect; earn it! Come into our Country legally and support yourself! As you work legally you will acquire your own benefits and you will not have to use our money - then you have my respect!

Old 10-30-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Your idea of respect is paying their bills! People do not deserve something for nothing - how do think we made our money? You want my respect; earn it! Come into our Country legally and support yourself! As you work legally you will acquire your own benefits and you will not have to use our money - then you have my respect!
I have never once argued for paying anyone else's bills.

Deport illegals, better border security, create a national e verify that actually has to be uploaded and not just stored in a file or a drawer . Im all on board for that.

I have a problem with putting people in cages,separating families or saying someone wants to destroy the nation because they want immigration to be easier.

Your entire argument against dems is based on hyperbole rather than fact.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I have never once argued for paying anyone else's bills.

Deport illegals, better border security, create a national e verify that actually has to be uploaded and not just stored in a file or a drawer . Im all on board for that.

I have a problem with putting people in cages,separating families or saying someone wants to destroy the nation because they want immigration to be easier.

Your entire argument against dems is based on hyperbole rather than fact.
I was probably a Democrat more years that you. They originally got my vote because they claimed they represented our American workers. How can they claim to represent American workers when all we hear is them crying about how illegal immigrants are treated? What polices do they have that would reduce the number of people competing for our jobs? Its all about supply and demand; more workers and the less respect and money that our legal workers make or share. The fewer workers available and the more respect (better benefits and working conditions) and the better wages we receive.

I am well aware that we cannot trust many Republicans because, in reality, many of them welcomed illegal immigrants. But, unfortunately, the Democrats will not lift one finger to stop any of this. Heck they love their sanctuary cities and tell me how much that helps those legally in our Country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections