Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 04:37 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
As the late ballots get counted the Blue Wave keeps growing and growing and it has not crested yet. Already Dems have recovered over 1/3 of the state seats lost under Obama, captured key governorships, busted the GOP hold on numerous legislatures, and stand to wrest away nearly 40 seats from conservative areas. The last time Dems won so much was when Nixon was president. Like Nixon, Trump is looking like a gift to the Democrats.
It was a true wave election and it continues into at least December with 1 runoff in Miss.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:43 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Hmmm, this prediction looks even better now at 5pm than it did this morning at 7:30 am when I first posted it here...4 hours before it was aired that Ginsberg took a fall and broke 3 ribs. How could I have known?

Supreme Court Judge picks are more important than Congressional seats, Governors, or even Senators because they decide more wide sweeping issues, there are only 9 of them, and they stay around for life. They don't have to try to get re-elected.

That sounds like sour grapes, I have heard this claim many times. The republicans actually lost seats in both houses in 2016 although it was minor and although this isn't on the level of 2010 it is still large and the final count isn't in yet. So keep hanging onto that hope for the SC, this doesn't bode well for the GOP in 2020 unless the democrats help them out.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:55 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Just to show how deep the wave was, 59 conservative judges got the boot from voters in Harris County, Texas.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:03 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Why that may be what you "fully expect," you will concede that you honestly have no idea what will happen. Neither do I. We will have to wait and see what happens in 2020.

What we DO know as fact is that dems have already said today that they will subpoena Trump's tax returns, they will investigate Trump/Russia, and they will investigate Devin Nunes. Those are facts.

lol -predictions are not "facts", and since you are confused about that, you must be a LWLT!

Old 11-08-2018, 10:50 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
drop it for heavens sake: the average, how far back would we have to go and how many comparisons would we have to do to come up with the" average"? Most of us are thinking recent years and adding as I am trying to say: let's all be happy as it was pretty much a split contest for all..
well, its called "the average" so all , LOL

And I dont mind you claiming your argument is in terms of only recent years,but thats not what you said in your original response post, nor is it what the guy in the original post i responded to said.

You keep moving the goal post in every post after you are proven wrong.

But even by that logic, as I already said, Dems won by more than Republicans did in 2010, which was the biggest "wave" of the last 50 years , this one clocks in at #3 on the list of seat swings, so where is your cut off, #2 ???????? LOL

Quote:
I think I am letting this one go. YOu are reaching for the moon with your this and thats. Of course the re-counts or still undecided could make a difference. This post is about what we know at this time, not what could still happen
Actually, you are the one who keeps changing your argument, so you are reaching, not me.

also, all the numbers I used are current, recounts only add to them. so your rant still doesnt make sense.

Last edited by dsjj251; 11-08-2018 at 11:10 PM..

Old 11-09-2018, 12:07 AM

24,626 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Just to show how deep the wave was, 59 conservative judges got the boot from voters in Harris County, Texas.
Wow, that's almost the amount of booted liberal judges under Obama's watch.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:42 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Wow, that's almost the amount of booted liberal judges under Obama's watch.
im 100% sure you dont know how many judges were won or lost under Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections