Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 07:55 AM

12,852 posts, read 7,053,716 times

Advertisements

Trump will be in an orange Jumpsuit impeached, Pence will be lame duck, and Dems will hold a firm grip on house a few seats away from holding the senate. We will see a liberal democrat elected for president my guess it could be Tom Steyer the billionaire from California. GOP took a lashing in this mid-term election and the entire debacle is Trump's fault and the spineless GOP congress who wouldn't stand up to his crazy behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2018, 08:10 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,142,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Trump will be in an orange Jumpsuit impeached, Pence will be lame duck, and Dems will hold a firm grip on house a few seats away from holding the senate. We will see a liberal democrat elected for president my guess it could be Tom Steyer the billionaire from California. GOP took a lashing in this mid-term election and the entire debacle is Trump's fault and the spineless GOP congress who wouldn't stand up to his crazy behavior.
Love it except I see either a Harris/Brown or Brown/Harris combination in the WH effective January 2021. Either one works for me as Dirty Donny will be long gone!

Old 11-11-2018, 09:56 PM

4,650 posts, read 4,086,789 times
Trump wins again, but narrowly loses the Senate.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:34 AM

10,573 posts, read 4,208,376 times
Trump's base wasn't even motivated to vote in midterms (a lot of them support Trump more than the party), and Trump still had a far better midterm than Obama 2010 and Clinton 1994.
Imagine the kind of numbers Trump will get in 2020 when his name is on the ballot!
Plus we know he operates best when he's got a target (Hillary again, or Biden?).
Plus he'll be doing a lot more rallies in 2020, and most his rallies led to victories.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:27 AM

24,289 posts, read 16,963,561 times
What is he going to be impeached for? Russian collusion? Mueller has been investigating that fairy tale for 2 years now and there is nothing there. If there actually was a crime what is he waiting for? The Dems tell us that Trump=Hitler and if they have the goods on him then why are they allowing him (in their words) to continue destroying the Obama legacy, the country and the world? According to the Dems we are on the verge of a Great Depression due to Trump's deregulation of banking and business. If it is really that bad then why aren't they stopping him using the Russian angle?

Trump is not an articulate President but he believes in MAGA and so do his followers. We should all question the real motives of the Left and what they would transform America into if they were back in full power.

Trump in 2020.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:22 AM

14,640 posts, read 14,519,777 times
Trump is not going to be impeached, and Democrats better elect a strong candidate to oppose him in 2020.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:41 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,408,544 times
Wall Street Journal today said that Hillary was planning to run again.

Will be glorious to see how disruptive this will be to the Democrats over the next 2 years.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:45 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,129,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Trump is not going to be impeached, and Democrats better elect a strong candidate to oppose him in 2020.
I couldn't agree more. I will vote for whomever the democrats run against Trump because I think he is unfit to be President.

However, all this talk about Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, and even Corey Booker has to stop. These are all people from the left wing of the party, but in the real world could not be elected. Elizabeth Warren, in particular, would be easy for Trump to run against and it wouldn't be pretty. Some democrats really need to understand that while the party may occasionally pick women and minorities to run some of the time, that we aren't going to do it all the time.

If the democrats want to win in 2020 its going to take some work. They could start by picking a nominee who is going to be more acceptable to the mainstream. The one candidate who is sort of left wing that I think has a chance is Beto O'Rourke. The party's benches are full of acceptable candidates that could beat Trump. The problem is getting the nomination. Mark Warner, Senator from Virginia would be a good choice. John Hickenlooper, former Governor of Colorado would be good. Mitch Landrieu, Mayor of New Orleans, would work. Even Joe Biden, as old as he is, would do well in a race against Trump.

I am hopeful in the next two years a centrist candidate will emerge who is an obvious choice to run against Trump.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:33 PM

12,852 posts, read 7,053,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Impeachment was only held back because congress didn't have the votes until now. My guess is Mueller has gotten Paul Manafort, Richard Gates, and Flynn to sing like song birds they say anything to stay out of prison.

Mueller is no dummy he is smart and knows exactly what he is doing the results of his work will be dropped right into the laps of new congress 2019. People say what about senate GOP holds control of it. Think about going into 2020 elections GOP. Mueller is able to produce evidence of Trump's involvement, and later trying to shut down the investigation. The GOP will run from Trump as fast as they can they got their Supreme court, and tax reform they don't need Trump anymore turn on him so fast you will be surprised. GOP never liked Trump he was used to get what they wanted. They will also pay long term price for it and the country is going to as well. We don't know what Trump plans on doing with his new AG if he attempts to fire Mueller it will speed up the process.

He will be impeached by the DEM controlled house easily and then either resign or lose impeachment trial vote in the senate. I think after impeachment he will be indictment by grand jury on several charges possibly some of his family members as well. A deal might be struck at that point let Pence do some sort of Pardon maybe for his family members. I really think Trump will end up in a jumpsuit in the end in 2020 GOP will lose the election Dems will hold congress and white house. I'm no liberal either I vote GOP but this is how it's going to play out.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:39 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,142,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Trump's base wasn't even motivated to vote in midterms (a lot of them support Trump more than the party), and Trump still had a far better midterm than Obama 2010 and Clinton 1994.
Imagine the kind of numbers Trump will get in 2020 when his name is on the ballot!
Plus we know he operates best when he's got a target (Hillary again, or Biden?).
Plus he'll be doing a lot more rallies in 2020, and most his rallies led to victories.
I think McSally, Heller and Kobach would disagree with you along with the moderate repubs who got destroyed but this fools stupidity and ignorance. Trump is the best thing that Dems will have going for them in 2020 except for the ruby red goober states - which aren't needed to get to 270.

Get used to saying President elect Kamala Harris!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections