Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 09:58 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I didn't know the others. Thanks!

You are welcome

Old 11-26-2018, 10:01 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
The media (and its ally, the Democrat Party) went absolutely BONKERS for these three. They were made to seem like the Second Coming of Christ.
When they lost, it was on the news 24/7.....in a sad, howling kind of way. It was TERRIBLE.

Why? It's obvious.
All three are minorities. The left and the media now are fully in love with the idea of minority candidates and minorities winning power. Had those three been white, they would have received one-third the attention, money, and media prestige. (Maybe even less).
Dems, how do you feel about that?? Knowing that a Dem candidate who is white doesn't stand a chance when it comes to getting the resources, attention and "push"............whenever there are other, minority candidates running for offices?
How does it make you feel knowing that your selection/nomination process is now completely controlled by race? That your entire apparatus is set up to (hopefully) see that minorities win every office in the land?

How would you like to be a fantastic, competent white Dem, running against a lousy, incompetent, minority Dem for a nomination?? lol
Good luck, sucker!!
Beto O’Rourke is a white guy.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:03 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Beto is white...he is Irish. Uses Beto which is the hispanic version of Robert.
He is also 3 times wealthier than Cruz, and comes from political parents that engaged in shady doings.
The dems engage in identity politics, but it doesnt matter if the candidate is actually a minority...as long as they pretend to be one, like beto and Elizabeth Warren.
Ironic, since Cruz is actually Hispanic. Maybe it's not REALLY about minorities. On another note, I see they are already calling that Mississippi lady a racist. God, we have so many racists lately.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:13 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Default Let's be honest about why Beto, Gillum and Abrams were such big deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
The media (and its ally, the Democrat Party) went absolutely BONKERS for these three. They were made to seem like the Second Coming of Christ.
When they lost, it was on the news 24/7.....in a sad, howling kind of way. It was TERRIBLE.

Why? It's obvious.
All three are minorities. The left and the media now are fully in love with the idea of minority candidates and minorities winning power. Had those three been white, they would have received one-third the attention, money, and media prestige. (Maybe even less).
Dems, how do you feel about that?? Knowing that a Dem candidate who is white doesn't stand a chance when it comes to getting the resources, attention and "push"............whenever there are other, minority candidates running for offices?
How does it make you feel knowing that your selection/nomination process is now completely controlled by race? That your entire apparatus is set up to (hopefully) see that minorities win every office in the land?

How would you like to be a fantastic, competent white Dem, running against a lousy, incompetent, minority Dem for a nomination?? lol
Good luck, sucker!!
Well I partially agree with you.

"Beto" is a phony, White pretending to be Hispanic. Helps with the identity politics of the Democrats these days I guess. The media would love to build him up to possibly take on Trump.

But I disagree with you about Gillum and Abrams. First possible Black governors of Southern states. That really is a big deal & historic and the media was right to cover it as such.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:20 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Well I partially agree with you.

"Beto" is a phony, White pretending to be Hispanic. Helps with the identity politics of the Democrats these days I guess. The media would love to build him up to possibly take on Trump.

But I disagree with you about Gillum and Abrams. First possible Black governors of Southern states. That really is a big deal & historic and the media was right to cover it as such.

This is a lie...a false statement. If you disagree please substantiate with a fact that shows Mr. O'Rourke ever saying he was Hispanic. Oh and BTW, Donald Trump's tweet disparaging O'Rourke and lying about Beto does not count, as that has been fact checked and is itself a bald faced lie.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
1/1024th Hispanic. He got caught just like Pocahontas.
I can’t find any evidence of him claiming to be Hispanic. Help me with that.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:30 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Psst Beto is white.
Then why was he running as a democrat?

Old 11-26-2018, 11:33 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Because he is a democrat

Old 11-26-2018, 11:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
White people have been running as Democrats since 1828.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:34 AM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Beto O’Rourke is a minority?
He's white, male, and a democrat in the state of texas. All 3 make him a minority
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections