Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 05:10 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,782 times

Advertisements

As of right now, who would be your pick for the President of the United States in 2008, and why?

Is America ready for a black President (Obama) or a female one (Clinton)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2006, 05:21 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,474,934 times
If Clinton runs, She wont win. Not because she is femal. But because she is a Clinton and Republicans would turn out to vote like the jews followed Moses. Obama I still don't see his stand on Gun control and that bothers me. Personally I would Like to see a True Republican Conservative run. Less gov, less tax, less spend. That of a libraterian Run and win. I never liked the tax and spend Dems.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:49 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,219 times
I tend to agree on the issue of Clinton. While she is hailed by a lot of democrats, a great majority of people in this country DO NOT like her as a person and have already made their decision and would vote for the other candidate. I think Obama would be making a huge mistake by trying to run with Hillary. Yes, I think America is ready for either (black or woman prez). Another Clinton? No. Another Bush? Hell no.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
They may be ready for a black President but not that one. We may be ready for a woman but not that one.
I kinda understand why someone would not vote for Hillary, but why not Obama?

Old 12-15-2006, 06:12 PM

986 posts, read 2,807,705 times
He (Obama) has only been a senator for a very short amount of time. Do you think he will be ready to be the leader of the free world. We have never had a president that was not first a governer. I do not think he is ready to be president.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:15 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,833,378 times
Rudy Giuliani would get my vote and I believe would be a very strong candidate

Old 12-15-2006, 08:55 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
He (Obama) has only been a senator for a very short amount of time. Do you think he will be ready to be the leader of the free world. We have never had a president that was not first a governer. I do not think he is ready to be president.
How much experience did W have? It seems like experience is only an issue when it comes to Democrats.

Personally, I don't want to see Obama run because I don't want any DLC-types in the White House. Plus, the media is shoving Obama and Hillary down my throat, which leads me to believe that's exactly who the right wing wants to run against. But, I think to speculate on the '08 election this far out is futile; so much is going to happen in '07 when the subpoenas start rollin' out that the political landscape I think will look very different by this time next year.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
How much experience did W have? It seems like experience is only an issue when it comes to Democrats.

Personally, I don't want to see Obama run because I don't want any DLC-types in the White House.
I'm sorry what is DLC?

Old 12-15-2006, 09:05 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
I'm sorry what is DLC?
Democratic Leadership Committee- a very powerful but conservative faction of the Democratic party that insists on thinking, despite all logic and evidence, that in order for them to win elections, they need to be more like Republicans

Old 12-15-2006, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Democratic Leadership Committee- a very powerful but conservative faction of the Democratic party that insists on thinking, despite all logic and evidence, that in order for them to win elections, they need to be more like Republicans
Oh! ****. I'm so sick of politics. Instead of Democrats and Republicans we should have a party that reflects real hardworking Americans. A third party. Why should we be confined to two parties.

is d*a*m*n a bad word? ****!!!!

D*a*m*n!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections