Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 08:22 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,163 times

Advertisements

How did the Democrats become the party of the bathroom and transexuals? And the party of illegal immigrants, safe spaces, and white male hating?

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-15-2018 at 05:20 AM..

Old 12-15-2018, 01:38 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
You might have missed where I said I was not attacking or criticizing principled conservatism. As a liberal, I respect the "honorable opposition." But Trump and his supporters in Congress have been anything but honorable.

Trump supporters voted for an outsider, someone to shake up the status quo and to "drain the swamp." They really need to reflect on what they got. We now know that Trump made the swamp much larger and deeper than it ever has been, and there's a good chance a lot more will come to light.

So really what it boils down to is this: Trump took advantage of his supporters. He channeled his supporters considerable energy -- as seen at his many rallies -- and twisted your energy to serve himself, to serve his Russian funders, and to benefit his swamp cronies. So now the question is: when will his supporters turn on him? You've been sold a bottle of snake oil, a pack of lies. The GOP needs to cut its losses and jettison Trump.
Elliott, you do realize you sound like you went over the edge right? Turn off liberal media, step back, enjoy life.

Old 12-15-2018, 05:39 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Make no mistake, the Republican Party has abandoned all principles and integrity. It fully embraces
  • Lying and dishonesty at unprecedented levels
  • Voter suppression
  • Election fraud (e.g., North Carolina)
  • Stripping power from incoming administrations (e.g., Wisconsin)
  • Obstruction of justice (attempts to undermine the Mueller investigation)
  • Multiple Trump staffers convicted and in jail
The Republican Party is only about power and money. They have no principles, no morality, no integrity -- and, by defending the depraved Trump, no dignity.

Make no mistake: I am not attacking principled conservatism. Instead, I am highlighting how the GOP today has abandoned conservatism. How did the former party of "law and order" and "family values" get so immoral, corrupt and lawless?

"How Did the Republican Party Get So Corrupt?"
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...orrupt/578095/

"The Republican Party is Now Trump's Corruption Party"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1112746002/

"The Moral and Intellectual Bankruptcy of the Republican Party"
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...publican-party

Gee ALL LIBERAL sources, shocking just shocking!

We don't have enough to post all the "corruption" in the dem party but, as usual you NEVER care about them!

I wonder WHY?

Old 12-15-2018, 05:43 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Single issue voting. It doesn't matter how corrupt or incompetent Republican politicians are as long as they oppose abortion and LGBTQ equality.
"Single issue voting"

Ni different then the single issue voting dems, "FOR abortion and LGBTQ", regardless of their stance on issues, "vote for me because I am woman, " vote for the "1st BLACK president"

The list of dems single issues is endless.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:48 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
https://twitter.com/chrispreperato/s...87897558126594

It's so true. Intellectual thoughtful conservatism is out, meanness and viciousness is in. Trump has set the tone.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:29 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Typical liberals, you don't agree with them so you're corrupt and vicious. It would be funny if the truth wasn't that it's liberals and the DNC that is corrupt and vicious to the core.

Which side is it shooting politicians? Stabbing candidates? Assaulting women candidates? Screaming at people in the streets? Supporting illegals over Americans?

How hilarious, the party that thinks genetics don't determine gender thinks they're intellectual. Par for the course really, facts tat don't support their insanity aren't facts.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:52 AM

105 posts, read 75,992 times
Vote 3rd party.

Especially if the polls show your choice for lesser of 2 evils is going to loose by alot anyway.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:27 PM

105 posts, read 75,992 times
A meme is worth 1000 words and so much easier then all that typing !

Old 12-15-2018, 01:01 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
You might have missed where I said I was not attacking or criticizing principled conservatism. As a liberal, I respect the "honorable opposition." But Trump and his supporters in Congress have been anything but honorable.

Trump supporters voted for an outsider, someone to shake up the status quo and to "drain the swamp." They really need to reflect on what they got. We now know that Trump made the swamp much larger and deeper than it ever has been, and there's a good chance a lot more will come to light.

So really what it boils down to is this: Trump took advantage of his supporters. He channeled his supporters considerable energy -- as seen at his many rallies -- and twisted your energy to serve himself, to serve his Russian funders, and to benefit his swamp cronies. So now the question is: when will his supporters turn on him? You've been sold a bottle of snake oil, a pack of lies. The GOP needs to cut its losses and jettison Trump.
This is just your opinion. A partisan one too. You say this while completely ignoring that people can say same thing about the Democrat party.

Old 12-15-2018, 01:29 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
When they took a few pages from the Democratic play book.... fighting fire with fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections