Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 07:35 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Make no mistake, the Republican Party has abandoned all principles and integrity. It fully embraces
  • Lying and dishonesty at unprecedented levels
  • Voter suppression
  • Election fraud (e.g., North Carolina)
  • Stripping power from incoming administrations (e.g., Wisconsin)
  • Obstruction of justice (attempts to undermine the Mueller investigation)
  • Multiple Trump staffers convicted and in jail
The Republican Party is only about power and money. They have no principles, no morality, no integrity -- and, by defending the depraved Trump, no dignity.

Make no mistake: I am not attacking principled conservatism. Instead, I am highlighting how the GOP today has abandoned conservatism. How did the former party of "law and order" and "family values" get so immoral, corrupt and lawless?

"How Did the Republican Party Get So Corrupt?"
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...orrupt/578095/

"The Republican Party is Now Trump's Corruption Party"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1112746002/

"The Moral and Intellectual Bankruptcy of the Republican Party"
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...publican-party

All about the source - Everyone knows red states are the stupidest states, and blue states are the smartest.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/23/the-...s-in-2018.html

Old 12-20-2018, 07:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Make no mistake, the Republican Party has abandoned all principles and integrity. It fully embraces
  • Voter suppression
The Republican Party is only about power and money. They have no principles, no morality, no integrity -- and, by defending the depraved Trump, no dignity.

Make no mistake: I am not attacking principled conservatism. Instead, I am highlighting how the GOP today has abandoned conservatism. How did the former party of "law and order" and "family values" get so immoral, corrupt and lawless?
I think the establishment GOP is disintegrating. The party is now led by a corrupt businessperson. Trump has been a corrupt media attention grabber for decades. Decades. Certainly everyone in NYC is aware of his shady past.

A corrupt lunatic is 'leading' the republican party. It's ready for last rites.

Old 12-20-2018, 09:38 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think the establishment GOP is disintegrating. The party is now led by a corrupt businessperson. Trump has been a corrupt media attention grabber for decades. Decades. Certainly everyone in NYC is aware of his shady past.

A corrupt lunatic is 'leading' the republican party. It's ready for last rites.
Yeah sure, you betcha. As of Dec 10, 2018:

GOP controls 67 state legislative bodies, Democrats control 32
GOP controls 27 governorships, Dems 23
GOP controls the US Senate and White House
Dems control the US House.

Add it all up, and the GOP controls 96 of these elected entities, and Democrats control 56. IOW, a 63-37% margin for the GOP. You could actually throw in that the GOP controls the SCOTUS, as it has become essentially a partisan body.

Yep better prepare the 'last rites' for the GOP.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:10 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
  • Voter suppression

"How Did the Republican Party Get So Corrupt?"
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...orrupt/578095/

"The Republican Party is Now Trump's Corruption Party"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1112746002/

"The Moral and Intellectual Bankruptcy of the Republican Party"
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...publican-party
The immorality of Republican politicians is simply a powerful reflection of the character of the people who vote for them and vote for them term after term to keep them in office as incumbents. Therefore, Republicans get the idea that immoral and corrupt governing is in popular political demand by the people, and so will be all too glad and happy to fulfill that demand. You can say it's the very same way with Democrats, if you want.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 12-20-2018 at 10:19 PM..

Old 12-20-2018, 10:21 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
There was plenty of evidence that Trump was really elected by Democrats. There were tons of Democrats who changed registration just to vote for Trump in the primaries. The key states for Trump were PA, Ohio, WI, and MI, all of which had gone for Obama in 2012. Without the support of Dems (including many Bernie supporters in the general) we would have had president Hillary Clinton. Writer Selena Zito documented numerous counties in rust belt states that went 55-45 for Obama in 2012, and then 55-45 for Trump.

Many of the Trump/GOP bashers really ought to be taking a hard look into a mirror. Of course that would be nowhere near the fun of playing self-indulgent partisan ping pong.
Actually the bigger factor was that many Democrats simply didn't show up. Trump got less votes in Wisconsin than Romney did in 2012 and Romney lost Wisconsin by a healthy margin.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
All about the source - Everyone knows red states are the stupidest states, and blue states are the smartest.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/23/the-...s-in-2018.html
yep states like Utah and Florida are really stupid and states like NM are really smart and educated. Thank for the smile. I wonder how many people are actually gullible enough to believe these stupid studies?

Old 12-22-2018, 01:06 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yep states like Utah and Florida are really stupid and states like NM are really smart and educated. Thank for the smile. I wonder how many people are actually gullible enough to believe these stupid studies?
That includes the screamers on Fake News and on this forum. I believe that it includes all of the people who still can't believe that President Trump won the election as well.

Wyoming has the highest percentage of high school graduates and is arguably the furthest right state.

Merry Christmas!

Old 02-07-2019, 08:42 PM

256 posts, read 68,989 times
Democrats have been losing elections left and right since the 2010 midterms which were a total disaster for the Obamaphiles, including over 1,000 elections locally and nationally during his eight years.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:50 PM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
My goodness. Than there are the people who defend the president no matter what dumbazz thing he says or does. Do you know anyone like that? Pot calling kettle...…

Conservatives want to make this all about policy differences. I'm afraid its deeper than that. Many politicians lie, but this particular President carries it to absurd levels. He won't submit himself to the most elementary review of his tax returns and financial records when conflict of interest issues abound around him. He keeps telling us there is no collusion and no obstruction, yet no explanation is given for the Trump Tower meeting, his firing Comey, the Comey memoranda, and his dishonest attacks on Bob Mueller, and his refusal to offer actual testimony to Mueller.

He not only has mistresses, he has had to buy them off and than refuse to report that money as campaign donations. Christian conservatives continue to make excuses for this man because all they care about is having their pick on the Supreme Court. Its impossible to respect such people. He has a dozen accusations of sexual harassment or assault pending against him. The republican Congress has prevented any of this from being investigated. That is about to end.

So, its about a lot more than just policy differences.

He is a crude and foul person. He may hold the highest office in this land, but deep down a majority of this country is ashamed of him and regards him as an embarrassment. He insults our allies and praises our enemies and dictators. The Founding Fathers would roll over in their graves if they could hear this despicable man.
I'm an agnostic, non Trump supporting non Republican, but I think I can safely say that it's pretty unlikely that, given your views, Christian conservatives would care whether you respect them or not.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:09 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
There is no uglier, more corrupt, less compassionate and/or vicious people than the left. Period.
Yes, there are RINOs who are bad but the leftist Dems are driven by greed and evil intentions.

No, I do not desire respect from anti Trumper radical leftists. I'd be insulted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections