Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 07:41 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am not a Republican. I have been a Democrat since 1975. I want a Democrat who advocates the party's principals, without apology or hypocrisy. Maxine Waters is the essence of the party.

She is way too old. Trump is too old. We need a younger, more energetic President.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:42 PM

35,053 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
She is way too old. Trump is too old. We need a younger, more energetic President.
Trump may be a lot of things and have a lot of shortcomings. Lack of energy is decidedly not one of them.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:53 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
I worked in her district which included Compton. The hospital in her district (King Drew) was closed due to terrible conditions and clinical failures. Waters protested the closure using the same arguments she uses now. The LA Times ran a series of articles on her failure and the hospitals' problems. The LA Times went on to win the Pulitzer Prize.

I remember watching her on the lawn of the hospital and I said to myself. "how could she not care about the people who died in the hospital".

She is soul less. I don't now why, but I know it's true.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:21 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Quote:
Trump may be a lot of things and have a lot of shortcomings. Lack of energy is decidedly not one of them.

Oh, yeah? Why does he walk so slowly? Why does he ride his golf cart onto the green so he’s really close, something not allowed on golf courses? What about when all the other heads of state all walked to the meeting spot, but Trumpie rode a golf cart?

Why does he go to work at 11:00 a.m. and leave at 4 p.m.? Doesn’t sound like an energetic guy to me.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:22 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,257,558 times
Quote:
I have given a lot of thought to who the next President should be. It's Maxine Waters hands down. She has thought and written deeply about politics, international and national affairs. She has advocated an open, straightforward method of public verbal attack on bigots and liars.

Most important, she is an eloquent and convincing advocate.
Yep, I hope its down to maxipad and President Trump.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Yep, I hope its down to maxipad and President Trump.
On reflection she may be a bit old to be a candidate. Her eloquence could win the day however.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:58 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Quote:
I have given a lot of thought to who the next President should be. It's Maxine Waters hands down. She has thought and written deeply about politics, international and national affairs. She has advocated an open, straightforward method of public verbal attack on bigots and liars.

Most important, she is an eloquent and convincing advocate.
Is this even serious??? You want someone who advocates violence against those with whom she disagrees? She's also in her 80s, just too old and senile for the presidency. She doesn't even live in the district she supposedly represents in Congress.

So you want an even further-divided country where you lose practically everything in your life? Then Mad Maxine is for you.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Is this even serious??? You want someone who advocates violence against those with whom she disagrees? She's also in her 80s, just too old and senile for the presidency. She doesn't even live in the district she supposedly represents in Congress.

So you want an even further-divided country where you lose practically everything in your life? Then Mad Maxine is for you.
Some of her speeches have the eloquence and organizational structure of the Gettysburg Address and the "Darkest Hour" speech of Winston Churchill.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:02 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Some of her speeches have the eloquence and organizational structure of the Gettysburg Address and the "Darkest Hour" speech of Winston Churchill.
Folks, we have a winner.
The month of January's top troll post goes to jbgusa.

Johnny, tell the folks what jbgusa wins.

Well Pat, jbgusa wins an all expense trip to California, where he/she/ will stay at the luxurious mansion of none other than Mad Max herself.

While there, he/she, can experience the ambiance of having one's every desire fulfilled by a team of trusted illegal aliens.
Dine in the exquisite area of the servant's quarters, and stroll the magnificent grounds guarded by the thoroughly trained collection of pit bulls.
And one more surprise Pat, that jbgusa is sure to enjoy, a face to face meeting with the daughter of Maxine, who through her mother's conniving ways, has profited greatly from the illegal business her mother set up for her.
Well there you have it jbgusa, enjoy your all expense paid trip to Maxxine's magnificent mansion, beyond the district she represents.

Bob.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Folks, we have a winner.
The month of January's top troll post goes to jbgusa.
I'll take that with a grin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Johnny, tell the folks what jbgusa wins.

Well Pat, jbgusa wins an all expense trip to California, where he/she/ will stay at the luxurious mansion of none other than Mad Max herself.

While there, he/she, can experience the ambiance of having one's every desire fulfilled by a team of trusted illegal aliens.
Dine in the exquisite area of the servant's quarters, and stroll the magnificent grounds guarded by the thoroughly trained collection of pit bulls.
And one more surprise Pat, that jbgusa is sure to enjoy, a face to face meeting with the daughter of Maxine, who through her mother's conniving ways, has profited greatly from the illegal business her mother set up for her.
Well there you have it jbgusa, enjoy your all expense paid trip to Maxxine's magnificent mansion, beyond the district she represents.

Bob.
I want that tour! Will she speak?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections