Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 04:41 PM

56,920 posts, read 25,848,610 times

Advertisements

I don't think she should run but it certainly would add some intelligent debate to the race (and some not so intelligent). The Boston Globe editorial indicated it was a bad idea but it certainly adds to what will be a most diverse filed for the presidency.

Quote:
Senator Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts Democrat and a sharp critic of big banks and unregulated capitalism, entered the 2020 race for president on Monday, becoming the first major candidate in what is likely to be a long and crowded primary marked by ideological and generational divisions in a Democratic Party determined to beat President Trump.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/31/u...gtype=Homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 04:48 PM

1,018 posts, read 505,954 times
She will lose horribly. Way too far left for most Americans.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:53 PM

8,805 posts, read 4,463,404 times
there is already a thread on this

Old 01-01-2019, 07:08 AM

56,920 posts, read 25,848,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
I think she is too far left but it will add to the debate, the next president will be more moderate.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:23 AM

24,298 posts, read 16,984,440 times
I live in Mass. and she lied to us during the election this past November, not that it mattered to most.

She told us that she was not going to run for President and that her focus was going to be on the people of Massachusetts and helping them weather all the bad things that Conservatives (Trump) were throwing at them.

I voted for her challenger Geoff Diehl who was qualified and fighting for the job that Warren didn't seem that interested in. He campaigned like a man on fire leading up to the election while Warren flew around the country to support other Dems.

Sadly he lost badly in this Democrat stronghold of Massachusetts.

One of his ads had Warren ditching Mass and heading to DC...

Diehl is no doubt out there somewhere today saying "I told you so"...

Old 01-01-2019, 10:03 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,139,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I live in Mass. and she lied to us during the election this past November, not that it mattered to most.

She told us that she was not going to run for President and that her focus was going to be on the people of Massachusetts and helping them weather all the bad things that Conservatives (Trump) were throwing at them.

I voted for her challenger Geoff Diehl who was qualified and fighting for the job that Warren didn't seem that interested in. He campaigned like a man on fire leading up to the election while Warren flew around the country to support other Dems.

Sadly he lost badly in this Democrat stronghold of Massachusetts.

One of his ads had Warren ditching Mass and heading to DC...

Diehl is no doubt out there somewhere today saying "I told you so"...
Is Warren popular in Mass? In Ca Newsome won for gov. He's not popular at all, he just won because he's dem/lib in a sea of blue here

Old 01-01-2019, 10:36 AM

34,134 posts, read 18,393,974 times
When the Democrats have ONE PARTY RULE like in Mass and California, they don't NEED to be "popular". They are DE FACTO ROYALTY, so don't care what the people think, nor want. All they need is a "D" next to their name.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:55 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,372,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think she is too far left but it will add to the debate, the next president will be more moderate.
Too far left?

Stop throwing out these words, I don’t like her but she’s not ‘far left’.

Maybe you should stop being radically right, like is expected of any national politican.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:12 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,401,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Yeah. God forbid we actually focus on the middle class instead of the donor class for a change.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:07 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,234,910 times
Winterfalls,of course she is far left, about as far as you can get plus she is a liar. I know, to you no one is too far left, but for the American people there are a lot who are too far left. She will be out of the race almost before she starts I am thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections