Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 11:36 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one wants this wall but conservatives.

A recent poll by CBS News shows that Americans are nearly evenly divided on President Trump's call to build a wall along the U.S. southern border with Mexico, but with a slight edge of support for a border wall. The same poll found overwhelming support for either deporting or detaining families (including children) who are caught crossing into the United States illegally.

https://abcstlouis.com/news/nation-w...ld-border-wall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 07:12 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The only President since Lincoln, to lose wealth and assets since taking the Oath of Office.....
Only one since, didn't substantially increase their wealth while in office. Jimmy Carter.

Wait.

Didn't Hillary & Bill say they were "broke" when they left the White House?

Old 01-05-2019, 12:42 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wait.

Didn't Hillary & Bill say they were "broke" when they left the White House?
They did lose a lot of money while in the White House, but quickly made it up with speaking fees, as most former Presidents do. Either that, or write a book.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
There seems to be an unusual spate of Trumplings waxing nostalgic about 2016 these days. Hmmm I wonder why.
Cause they know very soon he will be going down, down, down...

Old 01-05-2019, 11:36 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Why is it that people have this expectation that a POTUS has to "behave". The waters around our country are boiling, the borders are smoking with dangerous people killing our cops and citizens and China asserts the new world will be theirs. Do you honestly really want a person who behaves?

Sometimes you don't get the college professor....you get the junkyard dog. In a knife fight anywhere in the world now....my money's on the dog.

Some/ many here would be clutching their hoods if that junkyard dog was a an Democrat or Obama or a person of any color other than white.

The insults flying about a black man "not behaving" would be insane. Sure... bye Felicia,

Old 01-06-2019, 09:14 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
I just finished watching the MSNBC, CNN election night coverage. For those folks it was like finding out their teenage child had totaled the car while texting. And then it started. The hatred from Van Jones (why is EVERYTHING) racial to that poor soul. It took 48 hours for it to him them and then the vile vitriol started.

My grandfather used to tell me the worst that you could be was a "sore loser". And now they've turned that into the norm....I really wonder what becomes of people like this. At least for me at work people who did not vote for Trump cannot even mention his name.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
One of the many reasons people voted for Trump is he always wanted to try new ideas. If you can't do something one way, do it another way. Criticizing him for trying says a lot. Its easier to walk away, and far easier to be an armchair quarterback,

Risk takes courage and determination. It's what we admire and what we admire in him. So he fails or can't get there all the way.

Big deal. He tries!!!

It's going to be Epic.
Running the government isn’t about trying. It’s about succeeding. Trump is not succeeding.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I just finished watching the MSNBC, CNN election night coverage. For those folks it was like finding out their teenage child had totaled the car while texting. And then it started. The hatred from Van Jones (why is EVERYTHING) racial to that poor soul. It took 48 hours for it to him them and then the vile vitriol started.

My grandfather used to tell me the worst that you could be was a "sore loser". And now they've turned that into the norm....I really wonder what becomes of people like this. At least for me at work people who did not vote for Trump cannot even mention his name.
So was Van Jones just part of a panel? I doubt he was leading the discussion on CNN. Surely a bit player was not in charge of the show.

As far as people not wanting to mention Trump’s name, do you remember the vitriol that followed Barack Obama’s win of the Presidency? Sounds like some racism here...

Old 01-06-2019, 09:38 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Running the government isn’t about trying. It’s about succeeding. Trump is not succeeding.
How would you like to measure success?

Old 01-06-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
How would you like to measure success?
Keeping the government open; appointing honest, knowledgeable people instead of crooks; not running the government by Tweet; truly solving the immigration problem along the Mexican border with modern technology, instead of insisting on building an out-of-date wall. Building alliances with other countries instead of alienating them; stay with the Paris Accord, join TPP; have a globalist approach instead of an old-fashioned “Nationalist” agenda; call Russia to task for its many transgressions. The list could go on for pages.

Having conservative appointees to the Supreme Court is only a small part of running the country and keeping our country strong. A truly honest judge with a balanced temperament is very important.

Keeping our country safe is the most important, and Trump is making decisions that are antithetical to that purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections