Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2019, 12:36 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
The Republicans have gone totally far Right. They follow Trump everywhere. Even into the sewer. The Repub Senate has closed their eyes to any wacko or dishonest thing Trump does. Talk about Nazi—the Right are in love with a Rightist Dictator Wannabe—Donald Trump. Keep following him—right down the path to destruction of the United States.
He's not even a "right winger".

If anything he is a moderate - heck he might even be more "left wing" than 1990s Bill Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 12:37 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Trump ran as a Republican, however dishonest that was. And so very many Republicans followed him down the rathole. DJT is scared to death of Joe Biden. That’s why Trumpkins tweets about Joe many times every day. Trump is so afraid that it’s the very first thing he thinks about every morning. He should be afraid because if he loses the 2020 election, he’s going to jail. Orange man in an orange jumpsuit. I can just picture it.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:40 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
DJTi is scared to death of Joe Biden. That’s why Trumpkins tweets about Joe many times every day. Trump is so afraid that it’s the very first thing he thinks about every day. He should be afraid, because if he loses the 2020 election, he’s going to jail. Orange man in an orange jumpsuit. I can just picture it.
Picture this:

Old 05-03-2019, 12:47 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Trump ran as a Republican, however dishonest that was. And so very many Republicans followed him down the rathole. DJT is scared to death of Joe Biden. That’s why Trumpkins tweets about Joe many times every day. Trump is so afraid that it’s the very first thing he thinks about every morning. He should be afraid because if he loses the 2020 election, he’s going to jail. Orange man in an orange jumpsuit. I can just picture it.
The "republican" establishment hates Trump. Or have you not been paying attention to the "news" for the last couple years?

The biggest problem I have with Trump is he isn't conservative enough.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:47 PM

You guys are soooo stuck in the past. All you can think of are the Clinton’s. That’s because you know a Dem is going to win in 2020.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
You guys are soooo stuck in the past. All you can think of are the Clinton’s. That’s because you know a Dem is going to win in 2020.
Just like you knew that Hillary was going to win in 2016. Gotcha.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The "republican" establishment hates Trump. Or have you not been paying attention to the "news" for the last couple years?
You’d like to think so. If the Repubs hate Trump, how come the Senate Republicans are such suck ups that they never cross Trump. They let him get away with everything. They are so afraid the Republican Right will remove them from office. Just look at that two-faced Lindsey Graham. He has sold his soul for Trump.

And honey,I follow the news constantly. Obviously, many on here do not.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:57 PM

8,498 posts, read 8,790,853 times
Pejorative labels will get thrown back and forth.

I prefer to stick to policies and usually try to respect the other side even when I disagree strongly.

How progressive or conservative are candidates? There are different tools that can be applied.

By this tool https://voteview.com/congress/senate/115/text

Warren, Harris, Sanders and Booker are the most "liberal" Senators in the race. Klobochar, 2nd most centrist of those ranked. Michael Bennet is considered the most centrist Senator of the candidate Senators. The most centrist or Democratic Senator is Senator Joe Manchin of WV. Pretty much smack dab in the middle of the Senate.

Some models sort political beliefs by relative importance of freedom and equality. Some folks really emphasize one or other, some both, some neither. Most can about both to some varying degree, maybe varying by specific issue.

I remember seeing a tool that voters can use to place themselves on the chart based on answers to 10-20 questions. I can't remember the name of the site. Anyone know which site does that?

I also see this for mainstream media: https://www.allsides.com/blog/introd...dia-bias-chart

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-03-2019 at 01:29 PM..

Old 05-03-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
You’d like to think so. If the Repubs hate Trump, how come the Senate Republicans are such suck ups that they never cross Trump. They let him get away with everything. They are so afraid the Republican Right will remove them from office. Just look at that two-faced Lindsey Graham. He has sold his soul for Trump.

And honey,I follow the news constantly. Obviously, many on here do not.
It sounds like you follow the 'Fake news' constantly. I would not boast about that if I were you.

Honey.

Old 05-03-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Pejorative labels will get thrown back and forth.

I prefer to stick to policies and usually try to respect the other side even when I disagree strongly.

How progressive or conservative are candidates? There are different tools that can be applied.

By this tool https://voteview.com/congress/senate/115/text

Warren, Harris, Sanders and Booker are the most "liberal" Senators in the race. Klobochar, 2nd most centrist of those ranked. Michael Bennet is considered the most centrist Senator of the candidate Senators. The most centrist or Democratic Senator is Senator Joe Manchin of WV. Pretty much smack dab in the middle of the Senate.
It would not push the imagination very far to imagine Joe Manchin becoming a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections