Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 05:27 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I was agreeing with you and posted up a follow-up point. Not sure why you took it personally.
oh, ok.

Sorry, I just came back from the economic sub-forum when I posted that were I was being attacked relentlessly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 08:27 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's the same position Obama and Hillary held at roughly the same time.
Neither of them ever came out in favor of conversion therapy. Or actively campaigned against gay marriage. Which isn't to say they lead any great charge- but Gabbard definitely went above and beyond simply staying in tune with a district.

Interesting the whole anti-gay brouhaha has also raised another troubling topic- the woman has been in elected office since she was 21. And basically inherited her spot in the political hierarchy from her father. And she uses the word Aloha in every third sentence...

I'm thinking she might go down as the fastest political flameout of the 2020 cycle.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:29 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Neither of them ever came out in favor of conversion therapy. Or actively campaigned against gay marriage. Which isn't to say they lead any great charge- but Gabbard definitely went above and beyond simply staying in tune with a district.
Of course they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj3CTeqpRXM

Old 01-14-2019, 10:15 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
I like Tulsi. I don't see her winning in 2020, but this is a smart move for her to gain name recognition and get her ideas out there for another run further in the future.

Old 01-15-2019, 07:04 AM

4,605 posts, read 3,295,372 times
Yes, I agree 2020's probably not her year. She needs more seasoning.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:54 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I voted and supported Sanders. I then went with Stein. I've long been throwing support Gabbard's way and I'm excited she is running.

If it's Trump and Bloomberg, I might vote Trump.
Major Gabbard is probably the only Democrat I would consider voting for..She is an outstanding Officer

Old 01-15-2019, 10:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
She hasn't got a chance. So I would guess that she's "running" so that her name will become known nationally, in this era of the female candidate. It also results in higher fees for speaking engagements.

She's out before she even starts, as a real candidate. But she might make some money off of it.
Agreed.

I think she's just testing the waters.
I'd give Tammy Duckworth much better odds at actually winning some primaries.

BTW, I had no idea that she was such a Fox News darling.
Very interesting.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-co...-for-president

Old 01-15-2019, 11:16 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Agreed.

I think she's just testing the waters.
I'd give Tammy Duckworth much better odds at actually winning some primaries.

BTW, I had no idea that she was such a Fox News darling.
Very interesting.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-co...-for-president
Because David Duke gets a rare position correct, that is a reason to demonize her? I posted an article earlier that complained about the "left" media only covering the corporate wing of the party. Perhaps if they would give her time for rebuttal she wouldn't have to espouse her views on Fox.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:30 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Neither of them ever came out in favor of conversion therapy. Or actively campaigned against gay marriage. .....
Looks like you got burned by that one. Obama and Hillary did actively campaign as being against Gay marriage. Hillary made no bones about it more than once on national TV for a very long time.

Old 01-15-2019, 04:40 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Yes, I agree 2020's probably not her year. She needs more seasoning.
Nothing is her year, folks have already found anti-gay remarks in here past. Her campaign was finished before it even started.

Quote:
CNN's KFile discovered Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI), who announced she is running for president in 2020, touted working for her father's anti-gay organization in the early 2000s, which mobilized to pass a measure against same-sex marriage in Hawaii and promoted controversial conversion therapy
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...nts-nr-vpx.cnn

Not even Trump has anti-gay remarks in his past. And this is Donald Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections