Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Cory Booker's homosexuality help or hurt him more with democrat voters?
Cory Booker being gay will hurt him more with dem voters 14 16.47%
Cory Booker being gay will help him more with dem voters 16 18.82%
I wasn't aware that Cory Booker is gay until I read this thread 59 69.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 04:29 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Gay or straight - Cory Booker could do a damn sight better than the liar/reality star currently playacting as President. Not my first choice but better believe I'd vote for him over Trump in a hot minute.
What has Trump lied about? He was the CEO of a large real estate corporation before and after he was a tv star. He is a leader, and an executive.

Booker, like Bernie, Hillary, Pelosi, Schumer is a LOSER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 07:05 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And yet they STILL vote Democrat. That must really cheese you off.

Yup. Obama told them he was against Gay Marriage. Hillary Clinton told them she was against Gay Marriage. What part of that escapes you?

Old 02-21-2019, 12:54 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yup. Obama told them he was against Gay Marriage. Hillary Clinton told them she was against Gay Marriage. What part of that escapes you?
Democrats have "evolved" on the issue. Republicans have not.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge/2866045002/

Old 02-21-2019, 01:01 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Democrats are ready to nominate another old rich white guy who just raised a ton of money in 1 day, Booker being a gay unmarried black man is just too much for liberals to handle.
The extreme right has already elected a treasonous Putin puppet. Why should age, race, sexuality and gender matter when we have a corrupt money grabbing con man in office? It doesn't. Try again.
The extreme right is so desperate to discredit the left. The threat from the left is real now. The boogie man is going to get you. A new low for the extreme right.

Old 02-23-2019, 07:25 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,229 times
Booker is bisexual or gay. It’s pretty well known in political circles around the NYC area and New Jersey for a decade or more. I have a relative who occasionally appears on Fox News and works for the Democratic Party in the New York City area. He said he’s known since at least 2001 or 2002 that Booker is gay or bisexual. It shouldn’t matter but it unfortunately will with some voters

Old 02-23-2019, 01:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Now that Cory Booker has officially declared his run for POTUS in 2020 do you believe his homosexuality will help or hurt him more with Democrat voters? I believe this question has to be looked at in 2 parts since there's a huge disconnect between the largely white, liberal progressive side of the dem party who will embrace and promote his homosexuality while the black male side of the dem party will see him being gay as a negative. I'm aware that there are a lot more progressive whites than black males in the dem party so I wonder how this is going to affect Cory's chances in the primaries.
If he is truly gay I hope it will make no difference at all, but I am guessing the dems will be more bothered. Why, because they will worry about how the right will respond so they are not likely to nominate him. Of course he isn't likely to get the nomination anyway and not because he may or may not be gay. I have to wonder how anyone can really think it will help him in the primaries?

Old 02-23-2019, 02:12 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Being Gay may help him with the Democrats, but would hurt him in the general election.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:31 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I was once against gay marriage. So were a lot of people that have since come around.

Are you SHOCKED to learn that black people are also gay?

I thought Trump was pro-gay marriage himself. Didn't Peter Thiel tell us so?

Old 02-23-2019, 04:53 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
CB has said he enjoys the guessing game as to whether he is gay or not.

whether is or not is irrelevant

what is relevant is his insincerity and theatrics. never does CB actually examine the complexity of an issue and instead uses drama as a substitute for argument.

What turned me off to CB was during his time as mayor of Newark, the murder rate rose to 2+ a week. One month early in his tenure the rate was one a month since the 1960s. when it appeared, one March would be w/o a murder, his administration told us CB's policies had reversed the murder rate. that was clear enough for me CB was just another dishonest politician using the people of Newark as a stepping stone to a political career. CB's solution to Newark's problems was to attract a Whole Foods store to downtown Newark.

The the capper, Zuckerberg gives Newark Edu 100 million dollars!!!! Newark is 26 sq miles. the first few hundred thou went to some hooked up consultants. the next few hundred K went to another consultant to translate what the 1st consultant delivered.

CB is a shallow hologram schooled in publicity as a substitute for accomplishment.

If CB had anything on the ball, I would not care if he was LGBTQXZ or any combination thereof, I'd vote for him. Unfortunately Nj voters will vote for him as CB is shooting for another novelty election. He pretends he is gay to get the gay vote and hopes anyone who holds a grudge against gays will vote for him because he is not gay.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:57 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,032 times
Sexuality shouldn't be a determining factor to approve or deny someone. It's about the qualifications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections