U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-16-2008, 11:25 PM

10,593 posts, read 22,656,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
I can't have double standards for this.
My Grandfather fought in WW2 and called the Germans hurtful names when he refered to the enemy troops only, never at any other time.
I forgive and understand my grandfather, and will do the same for McCain. It's only fair IMO.
Just because someone back in history, who was caught up in a different time had a certain point of view doen't mean thats OK for today.

As long as we give bigotry a wink and a nod, it will continue to exist.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 AM

991 posts, read 987,753 times
Default You want a medal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Mr. Tudo, Sir: I do not have history confused. I was there (at Vinh Long)during the Tet Offensive of 1968 while the VC were commiting those "mythical" atrocities at My Tho. Don't believe everything you read. My perpective on that long ago war is based on my personal experiences. I was in Vietnam off and on for 3 1/2 years total (not 3 1/2 months like "hero" Kerry) during the period from 1966 to 1973 as a civilian advisor. I stayed behind in Vietnam to train VNAF after US combat forces pulled out. I hope you will forgive me if I have a low tolerance for revisionist history.
Sp how many Vietnamese civillians did you kill? Want a medal for that? America was defending French interest in their colony of Vietnam. Ho wanted freedom for his people. He did not want to fight America, but he had no choice, because people like you and McCain were sent over there. It was the American presence there that caused war to evolve and continue. No people like to be dominated and controlled by another, including Americans, Vietnamese or Iraqis. If the Vietnamese hated the offspring of their invaders, I don't think that Americans would feel much different if the Vietnamese invaded and started raping American women. So get off of your self righteous war hero kick.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:56 AM

3,568 posts, read 2,022,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

MamaBee
,,, I agree with you that voters will decide, and they (for the most part) are openly prejudice.

However what I’m talking about is not the voters but a potential leader of the country. Isn’t America about diversities? Isn’t the freedoms guaranteed in our constitution that all men are created equally? And that no citizen will be discriminated against? Isn’t our Bill of Rights and the Constitution held higher then having a potential president speak of hatred and prejudice? Our Nation is better then that and McCain should be if he is wanting to lead our country! I expect more from the people in leadership of this Nation, I would hope others would demand the same of them! We are the model of democracy and freedoms without discriminations ~ if we talk the talk we have to walk the walk.

As for Obama’s church and openly discriminates……… I don’t know anything about his church (and many others) and can’t comment on it. As for Obama,,,,, this topic is about McCain and his public comments.
You don't know what you're talking about. I served in Viet Nam. I served with and fought alongside the ARVN. They were our allies (or we were theirs). Neither the ARVN nor the people we both protected from the Viet Cong and the NVA were "gooks." But you'd better believe the NVA and the Viet Cong were gooks. The Vietnamese in this country are the survivors and the children of the survivors of the communist aggression. They are not included in the term "****." That's how, I'm sure, McCain understands the term. No charge for this bit of education.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:13 PM

Default Wouyld you be a 'G**K'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
You don't know what you're talking about. I served in Viet Nam. I served with and fought alongside the ARVN. They were our allies (or we were theirs). Neither the ARVN nor the people we both protected from the Viet Cong and the NVA were "gooks." But you'd better believe the NVA and the Viet Cong were gooks. The Vietnamese in this country are the survivors and the children of the survivors of the communist aggression. They are not included in the term "****." That's how, I'm sure, McCain understands the term. No charge for this bit of education.
The year is 2040. America has been reduced to poverty. China with it's vast military superiority has also placed sanctions on America. An American boat fires on a Chinese destroyer. China proceeds to start bombing US cities, and sends in an occupying force.
But China also brings jobs and a strong Yuan (the dollar is no longer viable). Many Americans decide to work for the Chinese, since they have families to support. You, on the other hand, choose to join the resistance. You would rather die fighting the invader, than work for him. Your sister has decided to sell her body to the Chinese soldiers, because she needs to support her family, after the Chinese killed her husband.
The Chinese train their American supporters to fight the G**KS, or AmeriCong, as the Chinese call you. This is what America forced upon the Vietnamese and Iraqis, and this may be what you get in return.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:32 PM

2,308 posts, read 990,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
On Feb 18,2000, McCain said to reporters on his campaign bus "I hate the Go*ks, I will hate them as long as I live." He refused to retract the statement later.
Will that hurt him in the campaign?
During 1967-68, I fought and killed the Go*ks to stay alive and because it was my job! My feelings are the same as Senator McCain 40 years latter. And now Viet-Nam is becoming another "outsourcing" country taking American jobs! Now, how do you think I feel?

Old 04-17-2008, 08:52 PM

5,389 posts, read 4,938,246 times
The "go*ks" are still not yet a political force to the degree this will hurt him,as it would have if he had mentioned the n word or "Sp*cs", for example.

While I can sympathize with his personal experiences, I can't help but notice he is unfairly painting billions of people with a brush that should have been put back in the shed a couple decades ago.

What we don't need is to debate the Vietnam War...yet again... in the next election.

Let's focus people.

Last edited by bily4; 04-17-2008 at 09:04 PM..

Old 04-17-2008, 09:52 PM

Default try think of how they felt, instead of just your own feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
During 1967-68, I fought and killed the Go*ks to stay alive and because it was my job! My feelings are the same as Senator McCain 40 years latter. And now Viet-Nam is becoming another "outsourcing" country taking American jobs! Now, how do you think I feel?
I think you feel the same hatred for the Vietnamese that McCain feels, even though it was you who initiated the war in that country. Try thinking of how THEY felt having their lives ripped apart for the sake of saving the French colony! You have it wrong about the outsourcing though... Vietnam is just a bit player, the big dogs, India and China, are taking all the American jobs, thanks to fat cat Republican corporations that pay their CEOs millions, while saving bucks outsourcing your job.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:39 AM

3,568 posts, read 2,022,419 times
Quote:
Sp how many Vietnamese civillians did you kill? Want a medal for that? America was defending French interest in their colony of Vietnam. Ho wanted freedom for his people. He did not want to fight America, but he had no choice, because people like you and McCain were sent over there. It was the American presence there that caused war to evolve and continue. No people like to be dominated and controlled by another, including Americans, Vietnamese or Iraqis. If the Vietnamese hated the offspring of their invaders, I don't think that Americans would feel much different if the Vietnamese invaded and started raping American women. So get off of your self righteous war hero kick.
"Ho wanted freedom for his people." Is a communist totalitarian state your definition of "freedom?" Or is it your position that the South Vietnamese couldn't handle real freedom anyway so the fact that they are now a subjugated people is fine for them?

Old 04-18-2008, 01:05 PM

236 posts, read 422,708 times
Quote:
On Feb 18,2000, McCain said to reporters on his campaign bus "I hate the Go*ks, I will hate them as long as I live." He refused to retract the statement later.
Will that hurt him in the campaign?

No,because most American voters are white,and most whites are evil racists who ignore,or wholeheartedly agree with the bigotry of other whites.I will probably recieve an infraction for stating this,but it is the truth.

Its just like Americans who celebrated taking Saddam off of Iraqi money,yet say nothing about the genocidal,evil men that appear on American currency.

The same people stating that ''he was tortured for 5 years,give him some slack I understand'' are the same devils that think blacks should ''get over''several HUNDRED years of torture,slavery,and oppression (that ,unlike McCains torture,still continues to this day).

WHats funny is these evil people scream ''God bless America''.If there is a sentient,just God,most Americans are damned.

Last edited by lioninaconcretejungle; 04-18-2008 at 01:15 PM..

Old 04-18-2008, 01:10 PM

7,796 posts, read 6,655,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioninaconcretejungle View Post
No,because most American voters are white,and most whites are evil racists who ignore,or wholeheartedly agree with the bigotry of other whites.I will probably recieve an infraction for stating this,but it is the truth.
Even that is a racist statement, making you a racist, yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.