Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:13 PM

422 posts, read 753,243 times

Advertisements

McCain's not a racist though, he's adopted a kid from Bangladesh. It's unfortunate that he's used language like "gooks", but I don't think he's a racist, and it's not going to keep me from voting for him.

Obama's 20 years association with and $200,000 contributions to a racist, black nationalist church are far more worrysome.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,331,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
When the gooks tie you down, beat and torture you for five years, then you can judge his comments.

Disclaimer: I very much dislike John McCain.
You know what??? I'm sorry, but I don't except this excuse.
My grandmother's entire family was murdered by Germans, but I do not hate Germans.
He is running for a president of United States, if he is still dealing with all the emotions of being tortured (which I don't blame him), he is not qualified for POTUS.
He needs to deal with his emotions first, then run for president.

Hateful statements like "I hate gooks" has no place when it comes to future president. When he was asked to apologize, he could have easily explained that he hates what was done to him, but he doesn't hate asian people. He didn't do it.
It's a huge "no-no" for me.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
A bored Democrat from Brooklyn put this out here maybe thinking this would change someones mind about voting for McCain.
A bored "independent" doesn't think it's right for someone to point out that McCain has a lot of troubling issues about him.

You seem to have a lot of issues of your own. I pity you. Perhaps you need to deal w/those too, instead of pretending to be independent.

ETA: from the first moment, you felt the need to insult my thread, that you found the need to insult me. You don't agree with me??? Disagree with me politely, like the rest of the posters did. Don't insult me in a passive agressive matter. It's obnoxious. And it's rude.

Last edited by max's mama; 06-30-2008 at 10:52 PM..

Old 06-30-2008, 11:08 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,109,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
My grandmother's entire family was murdered by Germans, but I do not hate Germans.
He is running for a president of United States, if he is still dealing with all the emotions of being tortured (which I don't blame him), he is not qualified for POTUS.

Hateful statements like "I hate gooks" has no place when it comes to future president. When he was asked to apologize, he could have easily explained that he hates what was done to him, but he doesn't hate asian people. He didn't do it.
Big difference between those who actually go through the experiences and those who had relatives who went through the experience well before they were even born.

If he hadn't said that, would you have voted for McCain (hint: see link below)?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/3747370-post126.html

Old 06-30-2008, 11:18 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,395,475 times
Considering they shot him down, locked him up, and did who knows what else, I'd call them that, too!

~Mike (was born in Vietnam during the war, is half Vietnamese, and thinks people should focus on real issues instead of this BS)

Old 07-01-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Big difference between those who actually go through the experiences and those who had relatives who went through the experience well before they were even born.

Yes, there is a difference and the truth is I emphasize greatly with this man, but POTUS should represent all Americans and there is a very large Asian community in this country that he cannot represent w/this comment.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Considering they shot him down, locked him up, and did who knows what else, I'd call them that, too!

~Mike (was born in Vietnam during the war, is half Vietnamese, and thinks people should focus on real issues instead of this BS)
It is a real issue. It is sad how people don't see it as such. Really a bad representation of CD.

Can't you see, Americans are torturing people as we speak!!! We can't justify the hate towards all "stupid Americans" like half of the Muslim world call us because some of the Americans are torturing. That shows very little class on his part.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post

And to answer your question - No I would not vote for him anyway, because he is far away on practically every issue.
but I didn't know he still has so much baggage and it is really not something POTUS should have.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:14 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,537,048 times
Quote:

His remark was made in response to a question about the specific people that held him and tortured him. It was not a generalized statement. Context means a lot in this case, and his actions show no hatred toward an entire people.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:01 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,017,707 times
Quote:
A bored "independent" doesn't think it's right for someone to point out that McCain has a lot of troubling issues about him.

You seem to have a lot of issues of your own. I pity you. Perhaps you need to deal w/those too, instead of pretending to be independent.

ETA: from the first moment, you felt the need to insult my thread, that you found the need to insult me. You don't agree with me??? Disagree with me politely, like the rest of the posters did. Don't insult me in a passive agressive matter. It's obnoxious. And it's rude.
Relax, I have an appointment with my therapist today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections