U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:11 PM

7,731 posts, read 11,803,951 times

Advertisements

ksl.com - Dems Assail McCain on Iraq, Economy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 02:13 PM

7,730 posts, read 12,299,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
McCain is 4 more years, if he makes it that long.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:42 PM

69,370 posts, read 52,472,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
ooh look, the story points out that Hillary flip flipped again.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said Wednesday she is the only presidential candidate who will begin a prompt drawdown of U.S. troops in Iraq

Old 04-09-2008, 10:02 PM

4,708 posts, read 7,464,133 times
I noticed in a news report yesterday (USA Today) that McCain was quoted as saying that the "goal" for the present Iraq Occupation is for Iraq to become a "democratic ally" of the United States. I wonder whether McCain understands that, if Iraq's government is someday constituted to be a democracy, it's possible that the Iraqi people might not *want* to be military ally of the United States.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:05 PM

4,708 posts, read 7,464,133 times
Sen. Joe Biden made the point to the "Surge Twins" (Gen. Petraeus and the Ambassador) that the U.S. probably cannot *afford* to continue to occupy Iraq for too many more months in order to support the mission of building a democratic government.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:25 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,176,287 times
We need to stay in Iraq and have Iraq pay for it. They are taking in million for Oil and yet we wont force them to pay for the rebuilding.
I am for stating due to the threats we face and for being close to the nut in Iran but I am also for our expenses being paid for by the Iraq government.
I can see some of the dems here and about raising heck about that too, but it is the way to go.
If Iraq would start to pay for our expenses what would the new democratic party say then? What excuse will they come up with after that.
The body count was the big thing, then something else, then something else, now we cannot afford it seems to be the big thing.
Well the new dem party had better wake up because we are staying, we cannot afford to leave people. It would be a huge mistake and you all know that.
How can they bash McCain on this? Have you been safe since 2001, Yes you have so the Iraq War has been a big part of why you and I have been safe.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:09 PM

7,730 posts, read 12,299,580 times
good lord.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:20 AM

21,044 posts, read 18,696,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
We need to stay in Iraq and have Iraq pay for it. They are taking in million for Oil and yet we wont force them to pay for the rebuilding.
I am for stating due to the threats we face and for being close to the nut in Iran but I am also for our expenses being paid for by the Iraq government.
I can see some of the dems here and about raising heck about that too, but it is the way to go.
If Iraq would start to pay for our expenses what would the new democratic party say then? What excuse will they come up with after that.
The body count was the big thing, then something else, then something else, now we cannot afford it seems to be the big thing.
Well the new dem party had better wake up because we are staying, we cannot afford to leave people. It would be a huge mistake and you all know that.
How can they bash McCain on this? Have you been safe since 2001, Yes you have so the Iraq War has been a big part of why you and I have been safe.
I was safe before 2001. How has the war in Iraq kept us safe? Are the 4,000 Americans who died there "safe"? Are the thousands maimed there "safe"? Are the Iraqis "safe"?

How has the war in Iraq kept more SAUDIS from flying planes into our buildings?

Are we "safer" because our military is stretched thin? Are we "safer" because our ports and borders are wide open?

Old 04-10-2008, 12:47 AM

16,416 posts, read 24,626,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I was safe before 2001. How has the war in Iraq kept us safe? Are the 4,000 Americans who died there "safe"? Are the thousands maimed there "safe"? Are the Iraqis "safe"?

How has the war in Iraq kept more SAUDIS from flying planes into our buildings?

Are we "safer" because our military is stretched thin? Are we "safer" because our ports and borders are wide open?
So if you are making comments like these, does this mean you support a more conservative president who will expand our military? We already know a liberal president isn't going to do that, and they are soon going to find out they can't just pull out of Iraq(if elected). It is not feasable, so if no more money is going towards the military then the points you bring up only call for a conservative in the presidency.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:38 AM

2,665 posts, read 3,291,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I was safe before 2001.
That's the attitude. Let's just all forget 3,000 of our countrymen.

You can kill my neighbors, family, friends; it's all about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or