Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 02:16 PM

3,083 posts, read 2,146,446 times

Advertisements

Voters (other than federal workers) are not electing their boss, so Klobuchar's treatment of staff isn't likely to be the most important factor when Democrats choose a nominee. People tend to be more concerned about how they themselves would fare as American citizens under a particular administration. The current president, while not alleged to have engaged in exactly the same behavior as her, seems to have a number of former staff who don't hold him in high regard either.

There is an extensive article in the New York Times this week about Klobuchar, so it's odd to assert that "the liberal media covers it up". Unless one doesn't consider the NY Times to be liberal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 02:22 PM

20,603 posts, read 8,373,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The rightie hate machine is alive and well. lets trash all the Democrat candidates,how predictably republican.
Yet you have no problem when Dem controlled mainstream media does it to Republicans? The hypocrisy of the Loony Left is strong.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:24 PM

20,603 posts, read 8,373,426 times
I think there is selective reporting to favor one Dem candidate over the other by how much is censored by liberal media. Pay attention in the upcoming months and you will know who the DNC has chosen already. If they wanted Klobuchar you'd never have heard about her treating her staff in a demeaning way.

Also don't forget each candidate is doing opposition research on their competition for the Dem nomination. The question is, have they learned their lesson from Hillary's mistakes or will they be paying Russians again?

Old 02-24-2019, 03:10 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,433,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Amy Klobuchar is discovering revenge is a dish best served cold but she'll have to eat it with a comb. Funny article about this b1-tch.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-clean-it.html
What does this have to do with the thread title?

Old 02-24-2019, 05:13 PM

13,371 posts, read 4,746,878 times
I don't believe the story. Who would eat a salad with a comb? Gross. How would you even do it? What airliner wouldn't have any kind of utensils on board?

Old 02-24-2019, 06:18 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,856,249 times
I'm a liberal, and because of this I will not vote for her! It's not just the fact that she's "hard" on her staff, but that she has the nerve to get up there, and play the nice girl winch we now know is a lie. If she was a witch all around I'd be more open, but the two faced sociopathic tendencies are everything one hates about politician's.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:41 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,248,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
I'm a liberal, and because of this I will not vote for her! It's not just the fact that she's "hard" on her staff, but that she has the nerve to get up there, and play the nice girl winch we now know is a lie. If she was a witch all around I'd be more open, but the two faced sociopathic tendencies are everything one hates about politician's.
Yeah. Male politicians never do that! What politician hasn’t put on a nicer front in the public eye??

Your calling her sociopathic is based on what, exactly?

Here we go again with expecting democratic candidates to be perfect, while republicans vote for bottom-of-the-barrel candidates to get their policies passed. If you keep expecting perfection out of your candidates, you’ll end up with Individual 1 and conservative policies continuing to ruin this country.

But yeah... Amy threw a book, so she can’t be president! Give me a break!

Old 02-25-2019, 03:49 AM

10,932 posts, read 11,659,426 times
I like her, nonetheless, because she is very effective as a Senator. She'll probably do well in Iowa, but not in New Hampshire. She's not going to be the last one standing and I feel relieved about that because she can go back to being a full-time Senator, unafraid to cross party lines on legislation that is important to her and her constituents in Minnesota. I'd love to see her as the US Attorney General, head of the Justice Department, if the Democrats can only find a way to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections