Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 01:07 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Exactly. The reality is that a Trump has a group of diehards but also has a group that will not vote for him. The number of independents/ undecided that might flip for him is not large. In 2016 he had Hillary which had also a large number of people that dislike her and were not going to vote for her so many undecided decided to take a shot with Trump that had little record. That’s nit the case in 2020 unless the Dems put up someone with a large number of negatives around them.
you are right about Hillary and people disliking her but Trump, if he plays his cards right and the economy continues on the present path, should see a pretty east victory. Too many of Democrat candidates are jumping on the 'free for all" bandwagon and when the cost of these programs come out they will be a shock to many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 03:17 PM

6,556 posts, read 4,168,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you are right about Hillary and people disliking her but Trump, if he plays his cards right and the economy continues on the present path, should see a pretty east victory. Too many of Democrat candidates are jumping on the 'free for all" bandwagon and when the cost of these programs come out they will be a shock to many.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this analysis. The furthur the Democratic party moves to the left, the greater Trump's chances of being re-elected. A Warren, Sanders, or Harris nomination will pretty much guarantee a Trump landslide.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:55 PM

29,175 posts, read 22,146,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this analysis. The furthur the Democratic party moves to the left, the greater Trump's chances of being re-elected. A Warren, Sanders, or Harris nomination will pretty much guarantee a Trump landslide.
I keep reading only a moderate Democrat stands any chance of winning next year, but what I am seeing are a bunch of Democrats who just voted for radical candidates and many more voters in both parties who want more extreme solutions to their problems that what they're getting from the Capitol.

Trump sure didn't win by being a moderate. He is not about to move to the center in 2020 either.

Why would the Democrats want to elect someone who's closer to Trump's agenda than someone who's closer to their agenda?

Democrats won in 2018 by being Democrats, not Republican Lights. Those guys were the losers last year.

They also aren't going to try to woo committed Republicans away from their party by becoming Republican Lights. Hasn't worked in the past, and didn't work so well in 2018.

And unless Trump loses in the primary by some miracle, it's highly unlikely that moderation will work for the Democrats in 2020.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I keep reading only a moderate Democrat stands any chance of winning next year, but what I am seeing are a bunch of Democrats who just voted for radical candidates and many more voters in both parties who want more extreme solutions to their problems that what they're getting from the Capitol.

Trump sure didn't win by being a moderate. He is not about to move to the center in 2020 either.

Why would the Democrats want to elect someone who's closer to Trump's agenda than someone who's closer to their agenda?

Democrats won in 2018 by being Democrats, not Republican Lights. Those guys were the losers last year.

They also aren't going to try to woo committed Republicans away from their party by becoming Republican Lights. Hasn't worked in the past, and didn't work so well in 2018.

And unless Trump loses in the primary by some miracle, it's highly unlikely that moderation will work for the Democrats in 2020.
If this is the case, we'll have four more years of Trump.. Buckle up, we're in for a very bumpy ride..

Old 03-24-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure people really knew what Trump stood for in 2016. Did he even know?

Old 03-24-2019, 04:14 PM

29,175 posts, read 22,146,578 times
Quote:
Yup. Trump didn't make any unusual campaign promises. All he did was present the same old promises in an unusual way.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:59 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,358,289 times
Quote:

Lock Her Up was the main talking point.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:06 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,306,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Lock Her Up was the main talking point.
Kind of think it was about the economy and immigration and other issues.

Leftists can't accept they lost on the issues.

Plus Hillary did illegally used a private server and email to handle classified info. If you are not HIllary or another big name Democrat, you would go to jail for that.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:29 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,764,588 times
Quote:

Trump sure didn't win by being a moderate. He is not about to move to the center in 2020 .
I think trump’s policies are moderate. He used to be a Democrat. Trump is a little right of center. It is his style as a speaker that makes him seem right.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:16 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,439,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Yes it’s amazing the disconnect when they attack Democratic candidates for things that their leader Trump does in even bigger form and they are ok with it.

Not surprised at this possible move from Biden, he needs to attract younger minorities and Abrams would help him on that end.
It's like two different people wearing the same sexy outfit. One can pull it off, and one can't. That's what Dems have to realize. Biden can't pull off the same outfit as Trump can. He needs his own stylist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections