Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 01:17 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'll call him a failed candidate soon enough He can then go back to eating dirt, day dreaming of running over children with his car, and drinking while driving.
Rofl. He can always move to Austin and join a band.

But let’s be honest. He’s loaded with dough. He really doesn’t need to work at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 01:25 PM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
LOL another anti- Beto thread. Hmmm the Trumpers are still worried about him
Pointing out BOR.s vacuous words does not constitute worry. the media has made him their darling and so sets him up for comment.

Outside avalanche of democratic cash during the last election made BOR a star. Without it he would have just been a footnote. Media continues to beat his drum.

The dems only choice is to run michelle Obama, the rest of the Dpack is on a mission impossible.

Old 04-01-2019, 02:28 PM

30,993 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Pointing out BOR.s vacuous words does not constitute worry. the media has made him their darling and so sets him up for comment.

Outside avalanche of democratic cash during the last election made BOR a star. Without it he would have just been a footnote. Media continues to beat his drum.

The dems only choice is to run michelle Obama, the rest of the Dpack is on a mission impossible.
They can run the ever popular Michelle, and Farrakhan, and Rev Wright can help get out the vote for her

Old 04-04-2019, 12:03 AM

33,298 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Rofl. He can always move to Austin and join a band.

But let’s be honest. He’s loaded with dough. He really doesn’t need to work at all.

His 2015 House financial disclosure indicated he was worth about $9 million. He sold his company in 2017.

His wife's father is worth $500 million.

Old 04-06-2019, 12:00 PM

349 posts, read 260,328 times
"Beto Is Our Christ" poster at Austin rally.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:17 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WacoBill View Post
"Beto Is Our Christ" poster at Austin rally.
Oy. It especially squicks me out when people say this about Trump, but it should apply to no one besides, ya know, the actual Jesus Christ. I can't imagine thinking of any political candidate on any side like this.

Old 04-07-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Oy. It especially squicks me out when people say this about Trump, but it should apply to no one besides, ya know, the actual Jesus Christ. I can't imagine thinking of any political candidate on any side like this.
True. The political environment is very "Us and Them." To wit...
"Not My President."
"He Is Our Christ."

Old 04-07-2019, 01:23 PM

72,962 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Right now, the places with the highest murder rates, and the victims of such murders, are populated by American citizens. I don't think immigrants make this country more dangerous or less dangerous. Some groups have higher crime rates than others regardless of immigration status. I also think about who is the most likely to die in this country, at the hands of an immigrant and/or a U.S. citizen. Black men are the nation's top murder victim. Number one perp: Black men. Some Black men are being murdered by Black women, Hispanic men,etc. It doesn't really matter in the case of a Black male.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:42 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
This whole topic makes no sense to me. Legal immigrants normally contribute to our country but how do they make it safer? Certainly illegal aliens don't.

Old 04-08-2019, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This whole topic makes no sense to me. Legal immigrants normally contribute to our country but how do they make it safer? Certainly illegal aliens don't.
The article pandering to the fake Mexican in stating "Immigrants" is 'code' for illegal immigrants; and illegal immigrants relates to folks streaming in from south of the (non-existent) border. It's not like there are bands of Irish folk getting butt-hurt over this topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections