U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:51 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,265,023 times

Advertisements

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-explains.html

Yet another reason I can not even think of voting for this man. Where is the "unity", "hope" and "change"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 04:56 PM

12,646 posts, read 13,918,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."Political Punch

Yet another reason I can not even think of voting for this man. Where is the "unity", "hope" and "change"?
Firmly encapsulated in the reality of how folks feel when ignored as they lose homes and jobs, in the trenches. Where else would hope, change and unity be?

Old 04-11-2008, 05:18 PM

8,062 posts, read 16,216,762 times
You know what? I've lost my job, my home, and life as I knew it when I was stricken by a very cruel disease. That doesn't mean I am bitter, that I have "antipathy toward people who are different" from me, that I "cling to guns," but, yes, I do cling to my religion and faith in Jesus for strength.

What I HAVE found, though, is that as I had to re-create my life living on a fixed income and in a mobile home, I have been insulted by the likes of Obama and his supporters calling people like me "trailer trash" and "red-necks." On this VERY FORUM, in fact!

Obama and his fans should be ashamed of themselves for looking down their noses at people who have gone through hard times.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:26 PM

374 posts, read 179,336 times
Keep Spinning, Spinners!

Old 04-11-2008, 05:32 PM

893 posts, read 445,362 times
He really wants to win Pennsylvania doesn't he? You know the state is full of typical white people too.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
He really wants to win Pennsylvania doesn't he? You know the state is full of typical white people too.
I was born and raised in Western Pennsylvania, the area to which he's referring. We were raised with the sad reality that the high-paying steel and other manufacturing jobs were not coming back and, when I was in college, we were advised on how to relocate and given help finding jobs out of state. This was in the '80s, btw. It broke our parents' hearts but they knew we had to follow opportunity. No, we did NOT sit around bitter, finding refuge in our guns, and waiting for the government to help.

The fact that Obama is characterizing a whole area of people and doing so at a FUND-RAISER IN CALIF. TO RICH FOLKS is really insulting.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:38 PM

How come the White voters on here are the only ones that always bring race into every subject? Why because Obama is black? Scared of the Black man are we? Remember Obama is half White, and his Mom is from Kansas. He knows what it is to be from a blue collar background. He can relate to the people of PA. Stop spinning this into another racial thread.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:44 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,238,082 times
lets agree to disagree why is your only defense for Obama is spinners keep spinning or here is more spin.

Got any thing better? Something of substance?

Old 04-11-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
lets agree to disagree why is your only defense for Obama is spinners keep spinning or here is more spin.

Got any thing better? Something of substance?
rye -- it's all part of their "movement." They always attack people personally because they can't address the substance. This is also why they yell for Hillary to quit every other day -- they're afraid that the longer this goes, the more people will learn about their candidate.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:54 PM

Oh Please Hillary supporters...looking for Obama to say any little thing that you can twist around to your own liking. Substance...even Hillary ADMITTED on the campaign trail that Obama and she voted THE SAME..."except for one vote"..yup, the infamous Iraq vote. So don't try to discredit Obama because your canidate is a liar and flip flopper. Yes.."yes Bill, talk to Colombia"...Today "I am against trade with Colombia". Yesterday "YES to NAFTA"...today "I am against NAFTA as it stands". Talk about Obama putting his foot in his mouth? Wait a minute...I think Hillary has to Apologize AGAIN for Bosnia...That Bill!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or