Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 08:33 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Do you really think Biden is running because it's 'his turn'? ....
Yes.

Obama told Biden not to run in 2016 because it was "Her Turn".

He had previously made a "deal" with Hillary for 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2019, 09:04 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yes.

Obama told Biden not to run in 2016 because it was "Her Turn".

He had previously made a "deal" with Hillary for 2016.
We have had 30 articles on this from multiple sources.

there was no "her turn" agreement. There was a " you are mourning your son, waited too late, have no staff and will split the vote and come in 3rd to Bernie Sanders" conversation.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:41 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
We have had 30 articles on this from multiple sources.

there was no "her turn" agreement. There was a " you are mourning your son, waited too late, have no staff and will split the vote and come in 3rd to Bernie Sanders" conversation.
There's only one source. Take that up with author Edward Klein who said it did happen in his book "The Amateur". (a book on the Obama Presidency)
Klein says the pact was hammered out at a secret meeting held at the Clintons' home in Chappaqua, N.Y. Bill Clinton agreed to give a rousing nomination speech for Obama at the 2012 Democratic National Convention. In exchange, Obama would endorse Hillary as his successor.
I don't believe it has been denied by either Obama nor Hillary. But you may try to prove otherwise.

And par for the course. Obama did Endorse Hillary, and Biden didn't enter the race. And it's quite telling now that Obama won't endorse Biden, his on VP.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman80 View Post
He has a 32 point lead on Bernie.

There may be no suspense at all.
all I can say is: remember 2008, 2016 and the debates plus the grueling campaign trail hasn't even started. He has name recognition, experience and is the new/old man in the game. When he starts indicating he wants free health care for everyone including illegals or preaching free education for every kid regardless of who they are or whether they even belong in college, we may see the polls change. Sanders is about finished I have a feeling and Joe's age will play a part. Will he be able to hold up under pressure and will he stumble badly in the debates? Being a likable old granddad doesn't make you good presidentual material. Look at who we have right now: seems to be doing a good job and he didn't get elected based on his charm and likability.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Who knows? Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter came from nowhere.
and so did Trump. Just behind him was Cruz who wasn't expected to do well either.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There's only one source. Take that up with author Edward Klein who said it did happen in his book "The Amateur". (a book on the Obama Presidency)
Klein says the pact was hammered out at a secret meeting held at the Clintons' home in Chappaqua, N.Y. Bill Clinton agreed to give a rousing nomination speech for Obama at the 2012 Democratic National Convention. In exchange, Obama would endorse Hillary as his successor.
I don't believe it has been denied by either Obama nor Hillary. But you may try to prove otherwise.

And par for the course. Obama did Endorse Hillary, and Biden didn't enter the race. And it's quite telling now that Obama won't endorse Biden, his on VP.
Why would any of them care what Newsmax claims ? remember, even in their own article, that isnt a direct quote from the author of the book, its what the author of the article wrote.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:55 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,178,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
education for every kid regardless of who they are or whether they even belong in college,.
He's actually never said that.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
He's actually never said that.
OMG, I never said he did. You are reading things into my response that are not what I said or meant.I said when, meaning he might jump on the bandwagon just like the rests of the Dems? I happen to feel he will come out in favor of free education, maybe I m wrong. Time will tell and this is a topic that most dem candidates are pushing.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
OMG, I never said he did. You are reading things into my response that are not what I said or meant.I said when, meaning he might jump on the bandwagon just like the rests of the Dems? I happen to feel he will come out in favor of free education, maybe I m wrong. Time will tell and this is a topic that most dem candidates are pushing.
Not a single Dem has argued for free healthcare for illegals, and the only free education offered is for children, which by the way, is already offered to non citizens in every state. legal residency has always been the requirement , most states just clarified that this includes young children who came her illegally as well as children of parents who come here to work for foreign companies

Old 05-10-2019, 10:29 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,278,508 times
Despite his lead in the polls, this primary is still pretty wide open. Can joe biden really hang on to the lead across months of debates, speechs, rallies and interviews? That seems a tall order for a candidate with a history of gaffes and questions over previous position/actions. His previous campaigns don't inspire a lot of confidence that he can pull that off.

He might still win, but there will be a lots of up and downs on his path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections