Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:40 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post
I guarantee you that if the Democrats attempt an Amnesty: There will be hell to pay...I want the Democrats to win...but if they cater to the illegals...they will pay.
No kidding!!! Like giving the whole gang amnesty worked in the '80s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 01:52 AM

493 posts, read 636,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post

3. Fix immigration. Secure the border first and then grant amnesty. Heck, if we give confederates and all the southern population full amnesty(during civil war), then we can also give it to the illegal aliens. At least the illegals are not trying to destroy the goverment(unless you believe that they are ).

This is probably one of the most well, less than intellectual statements made by a pro-amnesty person...do you realize that we granted amnesty in 1986? did it do anything to curb illegal immigration? no...that argument about confederates in ridiculous...lincoln wanted to mend the country back together...mexicans are not part of our country, nor were confederates blasting loud tejano music at night, shooting guns in the crowded neighborhoods, getting large amounts of welfare and birthing children that they could not take care of...they might have been burning american (union) flags, but who knows...who cares? your argument holds no merrit...and many of us are going to take care the illegal immigrant problem ourselves...some of us are crazy enough to do it if the government fails to.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:10 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
I guarantee you that if the Democrats attempt an Amnesty: There will be hell to pay...I want the Democrats to win...but if they cater to the illegals...they will pay.
Amnesty IS going to happen. Not IF but WHEN and HOW. I would rather we do it right along with cutting off further illegals than the GOP plan of "welcome all and keep coming". Not only that but if we can get these folks citizenship in the future, that about about 12 million more Democrats to help ensure a lasting majority.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Amnesty IS going to happen. Not IF but WHEN and HOW. I would rather we do it right along with cutting off further illegals than the GOP plan of "welcome all and keep coming". Not only that but if we can get these folks citizenship in the future, that about about 12 million more Democrats to help ensure a lasting majority.
Great... Lets just allow all of the illegals, people who have come here without permission, have had no cause or concern for helping to destroy our way of living, and violated our laws. And your supporting amnesty.

When do the people in jail get their jail out of free card? They only violated laws...

There is one true way to stop illegals, you punish the heck out of those who hire them.. Make it illegal, punishable by jail. When business owners face jail, they will stop hiring illegals and illegals will return home.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:09 PM

493 posts, read 636,645 times
Quote:
If Uneducated criminals are going to be a lasting part of the democratic party, this is nothing that I want to do with.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:43 PM

403 posts, read 748,779 times
[quote] This is probably one of the most well, less than intellectual statements made by a pro-amnesty person...do you realize that we granted amnesty in 1986? did it do anything to curb illegal immigration? no...that argument about confederates in ridiculous...lincoln wanted to mend the country back together...mexicans are not part of our country, nor were confederates blasting loud tejano music at night, shooting guns in the crowded neighborhoods, getting large amounts of welfare and birthing children that they could not take care of...they might have been burning american (union) flags, but who knows...who cares? your argument holds no merrit...and many of us are going to take care the illegal immigrant problem ourselves...some of us are crazy enough to do it if the government fails to. [quote]

The strongest argument aganist amnesty is that we can't give amnesty to people who break our laws and if goverment grants amnesty it will only encourge such behavior in the future. Therefore, I am pretty sure treason is more dangerous to our society than some mexican crossing our border and working in our country illegally. If we can give people, who committed treason amnesty then we can sure consider giving illegals amnesty.

NO confederates didn't play loud music. They killed american and betrayed this country. That's more dangerous.
Yes, Some illegals do commit crime. So did the confederate---Treason.

Again the whole argument aganist amnesty is that we are nation of laws and that we can't give amnesty to those who break our laws. You can't compare any other violation of law(such as working without a permit) with committing treason(the mother of all crimes). And If we can give amnesty for treason(which we did with confederates), we can sure give amnesty to illegals(except those who commit violence).

Old 04-16-2008, 05:46 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
You have to be kidding;right. If the next president can accomplish one major thing he will be lucky. Presidents are only so powerful afterall. I really think no one is going to bring up amnesty after the storm when they last tried to pass it twice. Amnesty for illegals is something no one wants to touch now.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:24 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
Wow, this post must be the worst one I've ever read where a person places his political party over his country. Make illegals citizens so they can vote for you, no matter what the financial or societal consequences The he** with the country, it is only the PARTY that matters.

Crap like this is what turns the average person off when it comes to politics.

Last edited by NSHL10; 04-18-2008 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-18-2008, 08:33 PM

600 posts, read 1,083,573 times
Quote:
...mexicans are not part of our country, nor were confederates blasting loud tejano music at night, shooting guns in the crowded neighborhoods, getting large amounts of welfare and birthing children that they could not take care of...they might have been burning american (union) flags, but who knows...who cares? your argument holds no merrit...and many of us are going to take care the illegal immigrant problem ourselves...some of us are crazy enough to do it if the government fails to.
will you also kill black people for sagging their pants and listening to rap real loud? because ... as long as your on a roll... might as well go all the way?

Then we can hang all the homosexuals too!
AND lets go ahead and drown those idiot hindues with the dots on their head!!

Its this kind of thinking, this kind of profiling and biggotry, that is a threat to our freedom. I am anti-immigration, i do want to secure our borders. But i will not be caught dead using stereo-typing and racism as one of my reasons to secure the borders....

Old 06-09-2008, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 714 times
Angry Just ridiculous comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Great... Lets just allow all of the illegals, people who have come here without permission, have had no cause or concern for helping to destroy our way of living, and violated our laws. And your supporting amnesty.

When do the people in jail get their jail out of free card? They only violated laws...

There is one true way to stop illegals, you punish the heck out of those who hire them.. Make it illegal, punishable by jail. When business owners face jail, they will stop hiring illegals and illegals will return home.
Man you must the most ignorant baster i ever heard
why would you want to punish them if they are trying to have a better life
by the way there's many more other people like from Europe that are illegal
how about u were in the same situation
l
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections