Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How did you vote in 2016, and how do you think you'll vote in 2020
Voted for Trump. Will vote for Trump again 50 50.00%
Voted for Trump. Will vote for the Democratic nominee 0 0%
Voted for Trump. Will vote for an independent/minor party candidate 0 0%
Voted for Trump. Will not vote 0 0%
Voted for Clinton. Will vote for the Democratic nominee 33 33.00%
Voted for Clinton. Will vote for Trump 2 2.00%
Voted for Clinton. Will vote for an independent/minor party candidate 0 0%
Voted for Clinton. Will not vote 2 2.00%
Voted for an independent/minor party candidate. Will do so again 2 2.00%
Voted for an independent/minor party candidate. Will vote for Trump 3 3.00%
Voted for an independent/minor party candidate. Will vote the Democratic nominee 3 3.00%
Voted for an independent/minor party candidate. Will not vote 0 0%
Did not vote. Will not vote again 1 1.00%
Did not vote. Will vote for Trump 1 1.00%
Did not vote. Will vote for the Democratic nominee 3 3.00%
Did not vote. Will vote for an independent/minor party candidate 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 02:10 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,211,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Small sample size with more Trump supporters voting here.

New polls out today show Biden and Bernie ahead of Trump by double digits. While it's still early many people in PA are not happy with Trump, MI is blue as of 2018 and Trump's approval ratings have plummeted by double digits in WI.

The Trump GOP is corrupt and divisive. From Trump seeking to benefit from Russian interference, working with Wikileaks, Russia and lying about it, racist, bad or no policy on healthcare, immigration or the environment, obstructing Congress and Oversight, Graham advising Jr(lying to the Committee) to break the law, Barr and his lies, Nunes and his coverups, Kushner and his ties to the Saudi murders, Gaetz and his threats pending review by the FL Bar, McConnell has the lowest approval of any Senator in the country etc. It's telling that the country is fed up with Trump. He has a good economy and his approval numbers continue to stay low. Independents are choosing Biden over Trump. There are many Democrats running but the top 5 Dems have the edge on Trump. The rest of the Dems need to enter the election for the Senate and House.

Pennsylvania voters pick Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders over Donald Trump in new Quinnipiac poll
https://www.mcall.com/news/pennsylva...htu-story.html

General Election: Trump vs. Biden
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6247.html

A fair, balanced and factual post. NOT!!!!!!!! The part I like is that Trump has a good economy and his approval numbers stay low. Say WHAT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 02:46 PM

8,489 posts, read 8,769,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
What I don't understand is how Trump has a 90% approval rating among Republicans, when he is very different from the traditional Republican base for the most part. Sure, he has a general conservative philosophy, but his beliefs are rooted in the Reform movement from the 1990s/early 2000s. Some people may have forgotten that he even ran for President in 2000 on the Reform ticket! Traditional Republicans would never have imposed tariffs because they always believed in free trade. America first, trade restrictions, building a wall: these stances are more along the lines of Ross Perot or Pat Buchanan than Ronald Reagan or George Bush.

To clarify, Trump announced for Reform Party Presidential nomination but withdrew before voting. He still got votes in a couple primaries but the nomination went to Pat Buchanan. He was never on the Reform "ticket", if ticket is interpreted normally as being a party nominee for President or Vice-President.

But some of what he said during that process is interesting.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:54 PM

8,040 posts, read 12,252,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
He has our support because he is not a Democrat. Our party nominated him and we support him, just as Democrats will support the Democrat nominee.
So if Kim Jong Un announced he was a Republican, would you support him just because of his party affiliation? My point is some of the issues which Trump is most passionate about are not things that any true Republican in the past would have gone along with. Reagan once said, "tear down this wall" in reference to the Berlin Wall. Trump wants to put up a giant border wall. Free trade is something that Republicans strongly supported, and none of them would have imposed tariffs. Guess who is actually aligning with Trump on the trade issue? None other than Chuck Schumer!

Old 05-19-2019, 12:37 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,460,687 times
This has been running for a few days now, and has gotten what is probably a decent response for one of these. Obviously there's nothing scientific going on, but it can give a little taste of what the public is thinking.

The main thing I was looking for was how the thinking of the public has changed from the 2016 elections. There's been a huge amount of media noise about, and mostly against Trump. And, of course there's a cadre of the voting public who hates Trump with a white hot passion, and always will. This was all true during the 2016 election cycle. The polls had trump losing right up until election day. And they were wrong. He one. He's still in office, will be until at least end of his first term, and he's running for a second term.

So has anything changed that would would appear to change the outcome of the 2020 election from the 2016. I'm not seeing it, in this micro-poll or anything else. Note how a few Clinton supporters are veering off in different directions, but not a single respondent who said they voted for Trump said they'd vote for anyone else. If there's one telling thing here, that's it.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:07 AM

1,074 posts, read 640,160 times
Well, this poll has sufficiently scared the sh!? out of me.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:00 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,406,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
This board does lean in the con/Trump direction.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:07 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,794,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This board does lean in the con/Trump direction.
During Obama it leaned his way. Please looked at the polls leading up to the election and you will find that those of us on CD were pretty accurate.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:31 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
So has anything changed that would would appear to change the outcome of the 2020 election from the 2016. I'm not seeing it, in this micro-poll or anything else.
That's because you're not looking and you have zero understanding.

Billary won -- not one -- the popular vote, but she lost the Electoral College.

Billary lost the Electoral College because 77,744 Democrats and Independents scattered across Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin voted against her.

Basically, an average of 25,915 Democrats and Independents in Pennsylvania voted against Billary, and 25,915 Democtats and Independents in Michigan voted against Billary and 25,915 Democrats and Independents in Wisconsin voted against Billary.

If you cannot wrap your brain around the reality that those 77,744 Democrats and Independents voted against her, and not for Trump, then you'll never understand anything.

I'm guessing you weren't a functioning adult in the 1990s. Those 77,744 Democrats and Independents were.

There's not much middle-ground with Billary. People either love her madly or hate her terribly and that cuts across party lines, race, gender, age and all other demographics.

If Bernie had been the nominee, those 77,744 Democrats and Independents would have voted for Bernie. If Biden had been the nominee, those 77,744 Democrats and Independents would have voted for Biden.

Newsflash: Billary isn't running in 2020.

The Democrat candidate will win the popular vote, again, except this time they'll win the Electoral College, too.

I doubt either Bernie or Biden will win the primary, because the field isn't set yet, and the field won't be set until the first vote is cast in New Hampshire 8 months from now.

You don't seem to be able to wrap your brain around the reality that the next President might not even be in the race now.

That's not fantasy, that's reality. It's happened before; it'll happen again; and it's happened 4x in the last 40 years.

Someone entering the race 6 months from now and winning it all is a very, very real possibility, because that does happen.

And, then there's the specter of Recession.

You're 117 months into the second longest economic expansion in history.

All the evidence says you'll tie the record of 120 months in August and break the record in September, and that will truly be an historic event, but it'll all be forgotten once you enter Recession.

If you enter Recession 4th Quarter 2019 or 1st Quarter 2020 or 2nd Quarter 2020 you can go ahead and take down all your Trump memorabilia, because the next President is going to be a Democrat, so get used to it.

And, your poll is hardly scientific. You don't have enough respondents, and even if you managed that, you don't have the proper demographics, so your poll is totally useless.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:44 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,665,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Based on this poll CD is biased towards Trump & Conservatives...50% will vote for him again?

WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post

What this poll has that Gallup, Ramussen, quinnipiac etc. do not have is anonymity. I have no idea who any of the other posters in this forum are in real life. Neither do any polling people. I can say things here without fear of being outed, without fear of being judged or attacked for my beliefs.

Yes I could mislead others by supporting Biden here when I will vote for Trump in the general or vice versa but why should I do that. I might as well express my will freely.

I think this board is equally divided between conservatives, liberals, moderates and undecided or a composite of liberal in one area and conservative in another. If you are a liberal you see every other post as a pro Trump one and if a conservative then everything looks like TDS. The truth is in between. What democrats need to understand is that many centrists don't like Trump but like some of things he supports like non-open birders, some physical barrier, immigration that gets qualified people in, China not manipulating its currency and stealing our IP and so on. Blaming everything on him doing it for personal gain or bashing him for his stand is only going to turn people off.

Let democrats select a nominee that says what he will do for our country, not that vote for me because I am not Trump. Stand for something concrete. And stop with stupid ideas like Green deal and UBI for which we do not have the money. If there is an exciting democratic candidate people will vote for him / her. Otherwise don't be surprised to see 4 more years of Trump.

Don't bash the messenger who is no way a Trumpee.

Old 05-26-2019, 06:53 PM

12,030 posts, read 6,560,687 times
I’ll vote for Trump unless he gets us in a war.
It’s the policies — I don’t like much of his personality and behavior, but he gets things done that I agree with, and I am hoping he gets strong immigration reforms done. We need an R majority in Congress again without the RINOs.

The Dems have just become too stupid and batcrap crazy.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections