Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:23 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times

Advertisements

Rep. Geoff Davis (R-KY) has publicly apologized to Barack Obama after it was reported that he referred to Obama as "that boy" at a GOP fundraiser. Sounds to me like maybe some of the Repub congressman's true feelings slipped out. Anyway, he has apologized:

"My poor choice of words is regrettable and was in no way meant to impugn you or your integrity," Davis wrote in a letter that was delivered to Obama's Senate office. "I offer my sincere apology to you and ask for your forgiveness."

Davis' made the remarks on Saturday night saying, "I'm going to tell you something: That boy's finger does not need to be on the button,"

Full letter of apology here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 04:26 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,152,607 times
LOL. The GOP is going to tear Obama apart by November. He won't be able to get a job as a waiter when they're done. It will be just like Cunningham. Someone will say something hateful, McCain will criticize them. It will take hold in peoples' minds, and Obama will be done. That's assuming that Hillary doesn't win the nomination.

Never underestimate the neocons. They'll tear their own to shreds.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:30 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
LOL. The GOP is going to tear Obama apart by November. He won't be able to get a job as a waiter when they're done. It will be just like Cunningham. Someone will say something hateful, McCain will criticize them. It will take hold in peoples' minds, and Obama will be done. That's assuming that Hillary doesn't win the nomination.

Never underestimate the neocons. They'll tear their own to shreds.
paperhouse,

don't you think that it might work the other way around to benefit obama in the general? if mccain's party makes enough off-color remarks, wouldn't that be enough to scare some of the independent vote, no matter how much mccain apologizes?

Old 04-14-2008, 04:50 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
That boy...

wow..

Talk about a poor choice of words.

Doesn't exactly help defeat the southern stereotype...

Old 04-14-2008, 05:00 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
That boy...

wow..

Talk about a poor choice of words.

Doesn't exactly help defeat the southern stereotype...
Check him out he even looks like a Republican southern bigot. He appears younger than Obama so there is no excuse for his "boy" remark.

U.S. Rep. Geoff Davis

Last edited by Upton; 04-14-2008 at 05:14 PM..

Old 04-14-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
paperhouse,

don't you think that it might work the other way around to benefit obama in the general? if mccain's party makes enough off-color remarks, wouldn't that be enough to scare some of the independent vote, no matter how much mccain apologizes?
The independents don't matter. This is about shoring up the base. Bocephus fans. Those are the ones these guys are going after. McCain denounces, gets the independents, and the guys like this one get the base. You wait. Karl Rove is still pulling some strings. Gays and abortion were the 2004 buttons. This year, it's the "uppity negro". And yes, I am quoting a neighbor.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:34 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Rep. Geoff Davis (R-KY) has publicly apologized to Barack Obama after it was reported that he referred to Obama as "that boy" at a GOP fundraiser. Sounds to me like maybe some of the Repub congressman's true feelings slipped out. Anyway, he has apologized:

"My poor choice of words is regrettable and was in no way meant to impugn you or your integrity," Davis wrote in a letter that was delivered to Obama's Senate office. "I offer my sincere apology to you and ask for your forgiveness."

Davis' made the remarks on Saturday night saying, "I'm going to tell you something: That boy's finger does not need to be on the button,"

Full letter of apology here
He is just saying what most Republicans feel already. I have not seen hardly one yet that is not a ranting racist lunatic in close company. Most of them just don't make a public specticle of themselves like this clown did.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:35 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Obama should have said "this boy is gonna kick your ass in November and he is also gonna remember you and the people that sent you here at budget time. Those new roads you wanted? Forget it bud!"

Old 04-14-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Obama should have said "this boy is gonna kick your ass in November and he is also gonna remember you and the people that sent you here at budget time. Those new roads you wanted? Forget it bud!"
That's just petty. I thought Democrats were for more government handouts to everyone?

Old 04-14-2008, 06:00 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Check him out he even looks like a Republican southern bigot. He appears younger than Obama so there is no excuse for his "boy" remark.

U.S. Rep. Geoff Davis
Do you know anything about him?

How is it O can choose his words poorly yet this man cannot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections