Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 04:40 PM

206 posts, read 627,780 times

Advertisements

BARACK OBAMA A Major Disaster Waiting to Happen for America

A Savior or a Charlatan?

Barack Obama has emerged from obscurity to being the Democrat presidential nominee in a little over 3 years as a U.S. Senator with no significant legislative accomplishments or political leadership track record. His popularity has soared based on a message of hope, change and moving beyond politics as usual. His charismatic oratory has caused many to view him as a political savior who will lead America to the promised land of political peace, unity and prosperity for all. Others view him as nothing more than an inexperienced political charlatan with a gift for drawing people to his personality cult that would lead America to its economic destruction. What is the reality?

[Mod edited for copyright violations, please read the copyright statements]

http://www.politicalrealityonline.com/BARACK_OBAMA.html

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 04-18-2008 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 04:44 PM

793 posts, read 2,213,519 times
I say neither savior nor charlatan, but I would rather have him then McBush any day.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:04 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,885,980 times
That whole post wasn't very easy on the eyes, so I didn't read it, but charlatan absolutley.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:31 PM

I guess most people will say differently after his 4 years of presidency.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:48 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Not a charlatan, just a kid who has no idea what he's in for.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:20 AM

270 posts, read 526,981 times
It really is no use posting that because Obama supporters will not read through it and if they do they are so blinded by his charisma and sermons that they will not look at this and analyze it and see that it is 100% correct.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:14 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,565 times
You forgot to post the last line of the article:

"Copyright 2007-2008. Don Skipper. All rights reserved."

Old 04-18-2008, 06:28 PM

403 posts, read 748,889 times
Quote:
He has no significant economic, military, diplomatic or foreign policy experience.
Quote:
He has no significant executive or business experience.
He has no proven leadership ability.

He can't run a nation because he doesn't have the experience? He has the skills to run a nation. Just look at how he has ran his campagin. He is kicking the hell out of hillary's 35 year experienced political machine. If he can build a campagin out of no where within 7 months and then go on to defeat the clinton political machine of 3 decades, then he can sure as hell run a nation----on day two.

Quote:
THE ARTICLE-------------He talks the talk of uniting America even though he is an extremist liberal who has never walked the walk of achieving bipartisan consensus on anything.

He is the most liberal senator?---- Prove it. Yes, Prove it. And please don't just give the national journal verdict on the votes they picked. Just for change, look at the votes they(the magazine) hand in their study and tell us which one of his votes make him the most liberal senator.

Quote:
He blames Republicans for the economic slowdown even though the USA economy was booming (5% annualized GDP growth rate in 3Q2007) until 8 months after the Democrats took control of Congress and began demanding higher taxes, higher government spending & an idiotic retreat from Iraq that sparked a $55 per barrel increase in the price of oil that is costing Americans over $350 billion more per year.
OK. Her are the facts. Oil prices are never effected by threat of future income tax increase. Higher spending increase doesn't effect oil prices.
Again, I agree Obama is not the most smartest guy when it comes to econ issues, however, its just stupid to believe that democrat party can influence the price of oil instead of, oh you know, supply and demand and global instability. And price of oil increase is costing us 350 billion dollars. Is this guy high on something?

Quote:
ARTICLE=-----He believes it is okay to leave Iraq to control by Al Qaeda and Iran where they would be ideally positioned to intimidate, undermine, threaten and possibly achieve their goals of ousting the "apostate" Saudi regime who happens to control the only excess oil supply on earth.

If you think Iran military can go in and take over Iraq then you are also believe that Iranian soliders are superior than American soliders. Do you believe that?
Besides, Iran can't take over Iraq for the same reason America couldn't ---- Sunni and Shia split. Sunnis hate us because we took power away from them and if you believe they won't feel the same hatred for Iran(a shia power) then you don't understand anything about Middle East.

Of course, Al-Queda can't control Iraq either because Shia don't like the radical group(Iran was one of the earlier supporters when we decided to attack take down another radical sunni group in afghanistan). Any support from sunni groups will only lead shia group to attack Al-Queida and Sunni gropus----no rest for Mr. Al-Queda after we leave and unlike us, the shia will be more brutal with them.

Quote:
He blames the Republicans for the mortgage crisis even though there was no mortgage crisis in January 2007 when the Democrats took control of Congress.

Ok.....this is just too stupid to answer. Really, you didn't take any econ class right? [/quote]

Quote:
He believes it is a good idea to create a massive and costly new health care entitlement just as millions of baby boomers are retiring and placing ever increasing financial strains of Medicare and social security.

You mean like MEDICARE PART D---President Bush great achievement. By the way, I don't support this program or any other welfare program.

Quote:
He claims the 2003 Bush tax cuts should end in 2010 because they were an unfair tax break for the "rich" even though the bottom 75% of wage earners saw their share of Federal taxes drop from 16% to 14% between 2000 and 2005 while the top 25% saw their's increase from 84% to 86%.

I Agree. Asides from the problems of increase paper work in the tax code---Bush taxes cut were good. However, the economic growth was mostly because of low federal interest rate(down to 1% under Greenspan). Tax cuts are good because its my and not goverments and I should spend it as I wish but they don't increase reveunes(check this website and tell me the reveune increase in income under bush......
Historical Amount of Revenue by Source

Check the tax cuts date and then the reveunes taken in via federal income tax and corporate tax.

Quote:
He believes going into Iraq was a "massive" strategic blunder but he thinks abandoning Iraq to control by America's worst enemies and thereby triggering a huge oil price spike that would devastate the global economy is a brilliant strategy.
Iraq contribution to the oil supply is very limited and it didn't effect us before the Iraq war and it won't effect us after we withdraw. Yes, it has large oil reserves but just like Saddam, they are limits to how much they can produce and spend in open market. Again, Iran can't control Iraq and use their oil to increase Iranian wealth for the same reason we couldn't control Iraq----Sunni and Shia split.

Religious radical (like Al-Queda) aren't good any economic growth(i.e Afghanistan) and if Iraqi oil was totally off the market the effect on the oil price would be very limited.

Quote:
He believes tyrants and terrorists are worthy negotiation partners that would not threaten American interests if the USA abandons the Middle East.

Good for him. British talked with Irish terrorist and now those terrorist are leaders of Ireland and there is peace in Ireland. We already talk with tyrants and support them-------remember Bush holding the hand of Saudi leaders. We do this because it is in our national interst.

Last edited by jessica1000; 04-18-2008 at 06:43 PM..

Old 04-18-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post

He can't run a nation because he doesn't have the experience? He has the skills to run a nation. Just look at how he has ran his campagin. He is kicking the hell out of hillary's 35 year experienced political machine. If he can build a campagin out of no where within 7 months and then go on to defeat the clinton political machine of 3 decades, then he can sure as hell run a nation----on day two.

He is the most liberal senator?---- Prove it. Yes, Prove it. And please don't just give the national journal verdict on the votes they picked. Just for change, look at the votes they(the magazine) hand in their study and tell us which one of his votes make him the most liberal senator.

OK. Her are the facts. Oil prices are never effected by threat of future income tax increase. Higher spending increase doesn't effect oil prices.
Again, I agree Obama is not the most smartest guy when it comes to econ issues, however, its just stupid to believe that democrat party can influence the price of oil instead of, oh you know, supply and demand and global instability. And price of oil increase is costing us 350 billion dollars. Is this guy high on something?

If you think Iran military can go in and take over Iraq then you are also believe that Iranian soliders are superior than American soliders. Do you believe that?
Besides, Iran can't take over Iraq for the same reason America couldn't ---- Sunni and Shia split. Sunnis hate us because we took power away from them and if you believe they won't feel the same hatred for Iran(a shia power) then you don't understand anything about Middle East.

Of course, Al-Queda can't control Iraq either because Shia don't like the radical group(Iran was one of the earlier supporters when we decided to attack take down another radical sunni group in afghanistan). Any support from sunni groups will only lead shia group to attack Al-Queida and Sunni gropus----no rest for Mr. Al-Queda after we leave and unlike us, the shia will be more brutal with them.

Ok.....this is just too stupid to answer. Really, you didn't take any econ class right?

You mean like MEDICARE PART D---President Bush great achievement. By the way, I don't support this program or any other welfare program.

I Agree. Asides from the problems of increase paper work in the tax code---Bush taxes cut were good. However, the economic growth was mostly because of low federal interest rate(down to 1% under Greenspan). Tax cuts are good because its my and not goverments and I should spend it as I wish but they don't increase reveunes(check this website and tell me the reveune increase in income under bush......
Historical Amount of Revenue by Source

Check the tax cuts date and then the reveunes taken in via federal income tax and corporate tax.

Iraq contribution to the oil supply is very limited and it didn't effect us before the Iraq war and it won't effect us after we withdraw. Yes, it has large oil reserves but just like Saddam, they are limits to how much they can produce and spend in open market. Again, Iran can't control Iraq and use their oil to increase Iranian wealth for the same reason we couldn't control Iraq----Sunni and Shia split.

Religious radical (like Al-Queda) aren't good any economic growth(i.e Afghanistan) and if Iraqi oil was totally off the market the effect on the oil price would be very limited.

Good for him. British talked with Irish terrorist and now those terrorist are leaders of Ireland and there is peace in Ireland. We already talk with tyrants and support them-------remember Bush holding the hand of Saudi leaders. We do this because it is in our national interst.

At least someone who follows politics. I agree totally.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:10 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,120 times
Has Clinton not had 35 years to make people hate here. He has how many?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections