Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 02:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
then he joined the military then became a member of Congress. The hypocrite then has the nerve to criticize the Dems on universal healthcare!
Certain benefits come along with joining the military. I mean, that's fair isn't it? One risks their life for their country - shouldn't they get something in return?

He also was a POW - are you going to begrudge him the medical treatment he needs from being tortured for 5 YEARS?

Geez, some people are truly just dumb.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:52 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
going back to McCain besides him collecting Social Security I also found out that he has had health insurance through the Government most of his life. He was born to a military father so he was always covered, then he joined the military then became a member of Congress. The hypocrite then has the nerve to criticize the Dems on universal healthcare!
Shows your true feelings.

The man was a war hero and should have health care for the rest of his life.

Remember when people like you cry about Bush not covering our military men coming home from Iraq, well, what do you say to that?

So its ok to cry about soliders coming back from Iraq but it is not ok for a war hero like McCain to have insurance?

Difference is universal healthcare is a free handout to most and Mccain earned his insurance and should be covered for his entire life. Any military person who has been injured or captured should get free health care.

Just shows how lost people are, one day whining about our Iraq soliders and the next day wanting to take away a heros earned insurance.

Get real, attacking McCain for everything is silly. You people have got to find something to do.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:55 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Certain benefits come along with joining the military. I mean, that's fair isn't it? One risks their life for their country - shouldn't they get something in return?

He also was a POW - are you going to begrudge him the medical treatment he needs from being tortured for 5 YEARS?

Geez, some people are truly just dumb.

Sure these people do, they want to take away everything anyone has earned and give it to those who steal our food, housing, and healthcare.

They would rather give a 20 year old women with 4 kids or 25 year old drunk man who cannot keep a job who will be a losers there entire life healthcare then a military hero. Thats univeral healthcare these people want.
Take it from us and give it to them. uhmm

Old 04-22-2008, 07:55 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
Everyone is fleecing the system BUT the poor !!!
You sure got that right !!!

Old 04-22-2008, 08:29 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Just a reminder folks, the topic is...

McCain collects Social Security!

After removing nearly half this thread from being off topic due to discussions of poor lazy people, corporate taxation laws and the kitchen sink.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:06 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
It is not corporate welfare they are incentives to try to encourage corporate behavior of a certain sort. As a land owner with a farm I don't have to plant if I don't want to. As an oil company I don't have to give up profit to explore if I don't want to. As a citizen I don't have to spend if I don't want to, hmmmm so maybe thats why the rebate check. Rebate check, tax subsidy same thing just different client. Let me ask you whom you would prefer to disapear, Exxon or poor people? If the oil companies go under going to be a lot more poor people. Thank goodness we have Exxon and Mobil competing for us in the global market. It is liberal, left wingers like you who want to see the Soviet and Chinese Petrol companies rule the new global economy. Shame on you.

Funny! I don't see Social Security OR john McCain, the TOPIC, ANYWHERE in that post !!!
But there is does slam liberals so I guess it gets a PASS!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 09:10 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Funny! I don't see Social Security OR john McCain, the TOPIC, ANYWHERE in that post !!!
But there is does slam liberals so I guess it gets a PASS!!!
You are right, I should have deleted this entire thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections