Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:49 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times

Advertisements

first and foremost, I'm a cynic. I know this, so no need to point it out. where has everyone been for the past 50 years? I mean, we have given the terrorists in washington so much power, there is no turning back. if we try to elect incumbents out of office, they will cheat to win. we the people have absolutely no voice. the ones in charge just want to "manage" it's citizens. we are lumped into freaking groups by everyone. the rich, the middle class, the poor, blacks, whites, liberals, conservatives, muslims, christians, where does it end? the government no longer sees the individual. do you remember what that $500 haircut in an empty suit aka j0hn edwards said? he said right now we have two americas. umm, no, I would argue that we have 300,000,000 americas. it's bad enough he said we live in two americas, but you know what that freak said after that? he had a "vision for one america!" does this scare the living crap out of anyone else? that statement reminds me of the neighborhood that jim carrey lived in in the truman show. a cookie cutter neighborhood full of drones. control the masses. this is the governments dream, cause if everyone has the same stuff, no one can complain. george orwell's 1984 was prophetic. we have done all the things that the founders warned us not to do, and now we are paying the price. it doesn't change people, it never changes. anyone out there who thinks that anyone we put in the white house is going to change anything obviously does not understand the power of presidency. nothing ever changes, they just deregulate, regulate, redistribute wealth, redirect spending, and things like that. I repeat this for all you optimists out there, NOTHING WILL CHANGE. NOTHING EVERY CHANGES. IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME. you might say to me, you'll never know until you try. to that I leave you with the greatest philosopher of our time, homer simpson.

"trying is the first step towards failure."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 03:52 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
first and foremost, I'm a cynic. I know this, so no need to point it out. where has everyone been for the past 50 years? I mean, we have given the terrorists in washington so much power, there is no turning back. if we try to elect incumbents out of office, they will cheat to win. we the people have absolutely no voice. the ones in charge just want to "manage" it's citizens. we are lumped into freaking groups by everyone. the rich, the middle class, the poor, blacks, whites, liberals, conservatives, muslims, christians, where does it end? the government no longer sees the individual. do you remember what that $500 haircut in an empty suit aka j0hn edwards said? he said right now we have two americas. umm, no, I would argue that we have 300,000,000 americas. it's bad enough he said we live in two americas, but you know what that freak said after that? he had a "vision for one america!" does this scare the living crap out of anyone else? that statement reminds me of the neighborhood that jim carrey lived in in the truman show. a cookie cutter neighborhood full of drones. control the masses. this is the governments wet dream, cause if everyone has the same stuff, no one can complain. george orwell's 1984 was prophetic. we have done all the things that the founders warned us not to do, and now we are paying the price. it doesn't change people, it never changes. anyone out there who thinks that anyone we put in the white house is going to change anything obviously does not understand the power of presidency. nothing ever changes, they just deregulate, regulate, redistribute wealth, redirect spending, and things like that. I repeat this for all you optimists out there, NOTHING WILL CHANGE. NOTHING EVERY CHANGES. IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME. you might say to me, you'll never know until you try. to that I leave you with the greatest philosopher of our time, homer simpson.

The great man Jesus Christ says "God helps those who help themselves", Not sitting on the sofa whining about how the world is passing them by, you bitter Amerikkan

Old 04-21-2008, 03:56 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
I believe in change. And it's not the change Obama is peddling. Secession from the slave driving bureaucracy is real change.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:57 PM

I'm not a christian. I don't whine about it, I have accepted it. hey, amerikkkan, that is pretty creative. it was also creative when I first heard it 20 years ago. perhaps you wouldn't be so reluctant to accept reality if you had a brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
The great man Jesus Christ says "God helps those who help themselves", Not sitting on the sofa whining about how the world is passing them by, you bitter Amerikkan

Old 04-21-2008, 03:58 PM

yeah, I agree. that will never happen. the ones in power are WAY too powerful. look at idiots like ted kennedy. there is no way that guy is winning these elections fairly. he is a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I believe in change. And it's not the change Obama is peddling. Secession from the slave driving bureaucracy is real change.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:01 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,324 times
Quote:
first and foremost, I'm a cynic. I know this, so no need to point it out. where has everyone been for the past 50 years? I mean, we have given the terrorists in washington so much power, there is no turning back. if we try to elect incumbents out of office, they will cheat to win. we the people have absolutely no voice. the ones in charge just want to "manage" it's citizens. we are lumped into freaking groups by everyone. the rich, the middle class, the poor, blacks, whites, liberals, conservatives, muslims, christians, where does it end? the government no longer sees the individual. do you remember what that $500 haircut in an empty suit aka j0hn edwards said? he said right now we have two americas. umm, no, I would argue that we have 300,000,000 americas. it's bad enough he said we live in two americas, but you know what that freak said after that? he had a "vision for one america!" does this scare the living crap out of anyone else? that statement reminds me of the neighborhood that jim carrey lived in in the truman show. a cookie cutter neighborhood full of drones. control the masses. this is the governments dream, cause if everyone has the same stuff, no one can complain. george orwell's 1984 was prophetic. we have done all the things that the founders warned us not to do, and now we are paying the price. it doesn't change people, it never changes. anyone out there who thinks that anyone we put in the white house is going to change anything obviously does not understand the power of presidency. nothing ever changes, they just deregulate, regulate, redistribute wealth, redirect spending, and things like that. I repeat this for all you optimists out there, NOTHING WILL CHANGE. NOTHING EVERY CHANGES. IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME. you might say to me, you'll never know until you try. to that I leave you with the greatest philosopher of our time, homer simpson.

I disagree. Obama can change America from a free market economy into a protectionist country, from a thriving economy (now in a slowdiwn) to a full-blown recession... maybe even a depression with his Jimmy Carter-like economic policies. Obama can change free speech in churches to a police state, where pastors can be arrested for speaking out against Homosexuality and abortion. Obama can change America from a society based on hard work to a society full of lazy people on welfare.

Oil companies, trial lawyers, big companies, insurance companies, drug companies, big interests, terrorists groups, foreign interests, African countries, rich people, elitist folks... all would thrive under Obama. The middle class will vanish, the poor will remain poor and ever more dependent on the government, gas prices will hit $10/gallon once Obama withdraws prematurely from Iraq and Iran moves in.

So yes, things can change. The US can go back to the loser Jimmy Carter years. All we need is George Soros' puppet and Mr. carter's progidy, Mr. Obama, to win the presidency. It's not that hard.

Don't you think "change" is always for the good. Every single "change" proposed by Obama is for the worst. Check out his website.... it looks like a playbook straight out of JImmy Carter's closet. Some "changes" Obama wants are even worst than the Carter "changes".

Old 04-21-2008, 04:05 PM

nah, I mentioned that people could redistribute wealth! just like oprahama would love to do.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:36 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:

Absolute lunacy. You must live in the boonies and work on the assembly line fitting car doors on chassis. You can't be taken seriously.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:42 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Absolute lunacy. You must live in the boonies and work on the assembly line fitting car doors on chassis. You can't be taken seriously.
May we conclude that you disagree with the previous poster's opinions, then?

Old 04-21-2008, 04:46 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
May we conclude that you disagree with the previous poster's opinions, then?
I disagree with the concept he's trying to sell, absolutely. This country must change course after what we've put up with the last 7 years. Change must happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections