Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:32 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
Congratulations to you but I think the question was is the COUNTRY better off . And that would be NO.
Isn't London KY in the US?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 02:50 PM

600 posts, read 1,083,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Isn't London KY in the US?

great attemp at a "smart" reply... but how does one city benefiting mean the whole country is? I could show you pictures of the ghetto in my town and tell you the country is ALL like that, it wouldnt make my statement true...

Old 04-29-2008, 03:05 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Back to the OP:

If I get any better, I'll be able to levitate at will.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:48 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Anyone who is not better off today then they were eight years ago. blew it. We went through one of the greatest economic expansions in history. Any amount invested in equities or housing grew multifold post 9/11. Now you might not be better today then you were two years ago. How ever any one smart enough to try is still better off after the last two years then they were eight years ago. If you owned a house eight years ago in just about any market you are still ahead of where you were 8 years ago. Maybe not two years ago. Sorry if I offended anyone but there was a lot of money to be earned the last eight years.

For instance if you were one of the millions invested in energy look how well you would have done. Pension funds, individuals and owners of mutual funds are just some who prospered. Look at how your money would have grown in the Fidelity Select Energy Fund.
Fidelity Select Energy Report (FSENX) | Total Returns

We don't need the oil companies investigated we need more people to realize they can share in the profits.

Last edited by TuborgP; 04-29-2008 at 07:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections