Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2008, 11:10 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

How about some intelligent thoughts on the candidates and some of the real life issues that will make or break us over the next five years. This is not a reality show on Fox but our future. Please discuss the intellectual positions of YOUR candidate and not how lousy someone else is. Is that possible or of interest to the City-Data electorate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 11:25 AM

439 posts, read 605,891 times
Is it true to say I will bring our troops home starting in 60 days then in another breath say she would retaliate using Nukes against Iran. No question our Country is in turmoil and that Iraq and the cost of this war is partly to blame. But you don't end a war and threaten to start another. Every American has to do their part here. No one person is going to be able to fix this for us. We all have to take responsibility for the way we live our lives and until we get up off the couch, turn off the tv and go and do some little thing then things aren't gonna change. I've started to car pool, I recycle I don't by china made things. I use ETS units in my homes to try to save energy. I wash my dishes and clothes during the cheap power periods. I plant a garden. If everyone did some little thing then things would improve.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:35 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
Is it true to say I will bring our troops home starting in 60 days then in another breath say she would retaliate using Nukes against Iran. No question our Country is in turmoil and that Iraq and the cost of this war is partly to blame. But you don't end a war and threaten to start another. Every American has to do their part here. No one person is going to be able to fix this for us. We all have to take responsibility for the way we live our lives and until we get up off the couch, turn off the tv and go and do some little thing then things aren't gonna change. I've started to car pool, I recycle I don't by china made things. I use ETS units in my homes to try to save energy. I wash my dishes and clothes during the cheap power periods. I plant a garden. If everyone did some little thing then things would improve.
Based on what I have read in the other threads you have my vote. I wish the candidates would articulate like you. Which candidate has said that?

Old 04-22-2008, 11:52 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times
All 4 of your topics point to one thing: bad monetary policy that's causing inflation while devaluing the dollar on the global markets.

The Iraq war costs are bankrupting this country. Gas, food, and energy costs will continue to rise as the dollar falls. We're spending money to subsidize ethanol from corn while lowering the amount of food for cattle, chickens, ourselves, etc. We've got too much government intervention in what is supposed to be a free market system. The only role of the government to help us is to give us a place to air our grievances when a company or person breaks the laws meant to protect us from dangers. The government should never be in the business of "fixing" things that they broke.

Ron Paul. Want to hear more?

YouTube - Ron Paul on Glenn Beck 4-1-08

Old 04-22-2008, 11:56 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times
Apparently these issues matter less to the American people. It's snipergate, bittergate, wrightgate, flagpingate, and lewinskygate first before all of this....

Old 04-22-2008, 02:55 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I thnik that people have financed their life style on credit from other countries for decades.When the housing bubble hit it struck home that their house was not a line of credit any more. Many people are in the same position as a drowning man and they will grab anything that keeps them on the surface. But I certainly don't want to go back to the days that some call the good old days before the governmant regulation brought on by the great depression or the states rights days of discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections