U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:28 PM

11,127 posts, read 12,651,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Mate View Post
Humm.....

Do the Democrats actually WANT to get into the White House?

....Because the way their going about it.....one wonders...
Snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory, again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 08:29 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,221,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ opinions are like what again ryneone?
That was not opinion that was a question.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:30 PM

522 posts, read 1,172,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
She has won all the major states that are needed to win any Presidency.

How can Obama win in November without carrying a single important state is beyond me.

I do not think he can beat McCain, but something tells me she has a better shot then Obama does as he cannot carry enough total votes in the November election.

Factor in all the people like myself who voted early on and have since changed my mind it makes me even more think that the supers who have any brains at all will see the huge and swift upswing from Clinton.

And Florida and Michigan votes should all be handed to Clinton as she won both of those states.

Amazing how things can change with more information coming out.
Yep, I agree! And MI and FL are pretty BIG states! Obama can NOT beat McCain in the big states. Period.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:31 PM

439 posts, read 545,506 times
Lets see what the completed primary looks like. If she only wins by 5 or 6 % then it really doesn't change one little bit. Hillary was expected to win PA but if she doesn't win by double digits then the money stops flowing. She is already in the red by millions of dollars. Reports on the news state that her donors are pulling in the reigns. It was stated that her campaign is costing 1 million dollars a day. On to Indiana and NC so we have another two weeks to torture each other.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:41 PM

3,491 posts, read 7,850,130 times
Again people need to understand that just because you win a state in the primary, that doesnt mean you'll win it in the general election. And just because you lose a state in the primary that doesnt mean you will lose it in the general election..If you base your thinking that the candidate that wins the big states in the primaries is the more electable candidate then that means John Kerry should have won the election in 2004 and by a landslide. As I said there is a difference between the primaries and the general election. Bottom line the democrats that voted for Hillary in Ohio, California and other states would support Obama in the general election plus republicans get to vote in all these states. Republicans have typically leaned towards Obama.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:48 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,488,977 times
Quote:
Quote:
As I have pointed out in the past, a 10% victory will only net her about 9-12 delegates. Obama is still on track to not only win the pledged delegate count but the popular vote as well.
It won't matter. This victory will have the Superdelegates rethinking if Obama can beat McCain. If he can't get the white vote (especially males) and the independents, along with the bitter people who cling to their guns and religion, HE CAN'T WIN.

You Obamatons have to face the facts. I'm beginning to believe he is more unelectable than she is.

He outspent her 3-1 in Penn. Yet he can't pull the voters from her that he will need in November.

Look at the county-by-county map of the actual vote. The western Penn area. She destroyed him in there, BIG-TIME.

Election Center 2008: Primary Results by County - Elections & Politics news from CNN.com

Old 04-22-2008, 08:52 PM

3,491 posts, read 7,850,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It won't matter. This victory will have the Superdelegates rethinking if Obama can beat McCain. If he can't get the white vote (especially males) and the independents, along with the bitter people who cling to their guns and religion, HE CAN'T WIN.

You Obamatons have to face the facts. I'm beginning to believe he is more unelectable than she is.

He outspent her 3-1 in Penn. Yet he can't pull the voters from her that he will need in November.

Look at the county-by-county map of the actual vote. The western Penn area. She destroyed him in there, BIG-TIME.

Election Center 2008: Primary Results by County - Elections & Politics news from CNN.com

as long as Obama maintains the popular vote and the pledge delegates he will get the nomination.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:57 PM

522 posts, read 1,172,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Great link!

When you roll over each county it gives you the numbers. What people fail to understand is that Obama supporters were out in full force. If he couldn't win the state against Hillary, he can never win against McCain.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:57 PM

4,800 posts, read 10,540,694 times
As of this writing Obama is down 10%. The Messiah proving once again he can't close the deal. He's lost 4 out of the last 5 primaries. Some savior.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:04 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,488,977 times
Quote:
as long as Obama maintains the popular vote and the pledge delegates he will get the nomination.
Then there would be no need for the existence of SD. But, we know the reason they were created, don't we?

For just such a situation as you have now.

Their very purpose and function is to usurp the will of the voters who have elected an unelectable candidate that cannot win in the general. Obama.

The only question is this; do the party elders, the wise ones, the old dogs have enough balls to do it? To disenfranchise the black vote, the young vote, and the starry-eyed vote, which most certainly will do considerable damage to the party. Either way - the dems are in deep trouble, and they know it.

As hilltopper said; snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Did I say how much I am enjoying this dem nomination process?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or