U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2008, 01:49 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,547,612 times
Reputation: 18436

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
You mean the fighter that was not even allowed to vote for the war that fighter he was in Illinois.
He was opposed to it from the start like he said, and noone has been able to disprove this (you know there has been a tremendous effort to do so).

By fighter, I mean that any person who is considered black in this country, must fight like hell because he/she is given less consideration at every turn. Such is the case with Obama. It takes a helluva lot of fight, spirit, drive, discipline, and versatility for him to be in this position. Far more than Hillary has ever displayed. Obama's race is used by Hillary and the media against him, but his race makes his abilities and climb even more impressive.

I find it ironic that Hillary is considered a "fighter" because she has been allowed to stay in the race long after she has lost momentum simply because she wins states that she has been expected to win. Obama wins a state and the media diminishes its importance. Hillary wins a state, and suddenly it means that she's the "comeback kid" or that she's a "fighter." Ridiculous. She won PA as expected, only prolonging her inevitable defeat and wasting more precious time NOT addressing McCain and the Regressives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2008, 05:08 AM
 
522 posts, read 1,174,289 times
Reputation: 149
Detroit City Councilwoman was also against the war from the beginning. So, we should elect her as President, right? (See Conyers thread)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 05:09 AM
 
522 posts, read 1,174,289 times
Reputation: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Yes she is. Thank god for racism. The only thing allowing Hillary to "fight" is that working class white guys don't want to see a black man beat a white woman.

How sad for you that you think everything is about racism. Terribly sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 05:16 AM
 
5,006 posts, read 13,859,645 times
Reputation: 2427
I don't feel anything close to saying, "You go girl." My morning thoughts are that she is going to nag the super delegates to death in order to try to get themt o change their minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 06:01 AM
 
5,273 posts, read 12,420,834 times
Reputation: 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I don't feel anything close to saying, "You go girl." My morning thoughts are that she is going to nag the super delegates to death in order to try to get themt o change their minds.
Again, that's the fighter in her. Obama certainly has none of that in him. He's lazy and relies on his powerful war chest of $$$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 06:12 AM
 
5,697 posts, read 5,458,067 times
Reputation: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Yeah, where was this fighter when called upon to give an informed vote to authorize the Iraq war? Where has this "tough" fighter been in opposing the war while in Congress?

It is easy to win states that you are EXPECTED to win. Get real.

Overwhelmingly self-serving is what I would call her "spirit."

Barack is the true fighter in this contest.


you always crack me up with your logic
Obama was there with his HUGE BUCKS and he thought it might be a 3-5 point loss for him
NO it was 10 POINTS
get real and see where "creating your own reality" gets you?!
Obama is a chicken s*** and won't face he in a debate because he is scared of questions
he has got to come up with a spinn as to why he can not win the big states
with all his money! He can not buy thins thing
face it he is a loser!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 06:13 AM
 
Location: Albemarle, NC
7,730 posts, read 12,714,936 times
Reputation: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
And how do you explain black going 90% to 10% for B. Hussein
It's not racism when black people vote for a black candidate. It IS racism when white people don't. That's the rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 06:20 AM
 
439 posts, read 546,295 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
I'm sure some didn't vote for Obama because he is black. Some didn't vote for Clinton because she is a woman. Some won't won't vote for McCain because he's too old. Boo hoo.

She WON. I don't like her because she is too far left for me....but she WON. Fair and square. Blame it on racism. Play the race card at every opportunity when things aren't going your way.

Do you realize how tired the average American is getting hearing about race from the whiners that back Obama...the man that was going to "unite" everyone and make race a "non-issue". What a joke that guy is turning out to be. Oooops. Guess I said that because I'm a racist.
You know what I am white and after going back and reading a lot of these post I have to say that I am blown away by just how much racism is still a factor in America. Some of you are down right rude and don't really care what you say. I thought America over the years were growing and moving pass this but I was wrong. This forum just shows how alive and well it really is. I am ashamed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 06:22 AM
 
5,697 posts, read 5,458,067 times
Reputation: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
He was opposed to it from the start like he said, and noone has been able to disprove this (you know there has been a tremendous effort to do so).

By fighter, I mean that any person who is considered black in this country, must fight like hell because he/she is given less consideration at every turn. Such is the case with Obama. It takes a helluva lot of fight, spirit, drive, discipline, and versatility for him to be in this position. Far more than Hillary has ever displayed. Obama's race is used by Hillary and the media against him, but his race makes his abilities and climb even more impressive.

I find it ironic that Hillary is considered a "fighter" because she has been allowed to stay in the race long after she has lost momentum simply because she wins states that she has been expected to win. Obama wins a state and the media diminishes its importance. Hillary wins a state, and suddenly it means that she's the "comeback kid" or that she's a "fighter." Ridiculous. She won PA as expected, only prolonging her inevitable defeat and wasting more precious time NOT addressing McCain and the Regressives.


Hillary was NOT expected to win in Cailf or Mass because Oprah and the Kennedy's and John Kerry was behind Obama
if you can not see that Hillary is the underdog and has no money but still wins, take of your blinders
Obama is a racist and a jerk on top of it
no one deserves to be president just because they are black or just because they are a woman
of the two Hillary will make the best president
Hillary is a fighter and Obama is a whimp!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 06:38 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,665 posts, read 3,415,095 times
Reputation: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
And how do you explain black going 90% to 10% for B. Hussein
We ignore all reverse racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top