U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:46 PM

600 posts, read 995,033 times

Advertisements

ron paul will be running under an independant ticket.
Mccain is already the GOP candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 07:50 PM

2,792 posts, read 3,664,361 times
well huckabee got 11% and isnt running anymore,if i lived in pa i would have voted for ron paul too....why not?in november i'll be voting for mccain because id rather have someone in there i support 40% of the time then someone i support 1% of the time like obama.....i dont believe ron paul will run independent since he knows its a waste of time

Old 04-23-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
well huckabee got 11% and isnt running anymore,if i lived in pa i would have voted for ron paul too....why not?in november i'll be voting for mccain because id rather have someone in there i support 40% of the time then someone i support 1% of the time like obama.....i dont believe ron paul will run independent since he knows its a waste of time
Ron Paul is already running independant. He is getting millions in donations and... well ive explained this alot. Google him.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:03 PM

2,792 posts, read 3,664,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
Ron Paul is already running independant. He is getting millions in donations and... well ive explained this alot. Google him.
well you can explain it as many times as you like....but i still say that in the end,in november he wont be running for president.i dont need to google him,i knew who he was 20 years ago...and i like him.he knows nobody can win as an independent and hes not going to waste his time and your money to get 1-2% of the vote in november.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:13 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,758,908 times
Quote:
ron paul will be running under an independant ticket.
Mccain is already the GOP candidate.
If that is true than he has lied alot.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
If that is true than he has lied alot.
When?
Please explain.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:53 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,119,441 times
There's no way he's going to run as an independent... it's a pointless exercise. Many states have ballot laws saying that if you've been on the primary for one party, you can't appear on the ballot for the general election for a different party (or no party).

Old 04-24-2008, 06:44 AM

6,568 posts, read 10,641,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
There's no way he's going to run as an independent... it's a pointless exercise.
Indeed, unless the US changes to a proportional representation system (not even remotely on the agenda), then a third party is pointless and, except in very special circumstances, an independent run for president is pointless.

The point of the campaign right now is to maintain focus on the core issues, like sound money and smaller government, and to gain some kind of influence within the republican party, perhaps even influence policy in the next four years while laying the groundwork for the congressional elections in 2008, 2010, and the general elections in 2012.

Under certain circumstances in the 2008 general election, writing in Ron Paul may be a useful exercise, but it depends on conditions in November.

Thanks to paperhouse for the links. It was quite inspiring to see all those young faces in the crowd and interesting how Ron Paul explained to them why the sound money issue is so crucial to the upcoming generations.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:13 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,998,078 times
Quote:
When?
Please explain.
If he is running as an Independent then he shouldn't be on the Republican ballots. Also he said he would not run as an independent.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
If he is running as an Independent then he shouldn't be on the Republican ballots. Also he said he would not run as an independent.
You can run on a republican ballot and then go independant...
and im not calling you a lier, im just asking when? do you have a link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or