U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 03:40 PM

4,429 posts, read 5,659,515 times

Advertisements

I'm a white male mid thirties and wanted Richardson for Prez. Since he is out now and now since I have to choose between the 3 chuckle heads....I probably going to go for Obama. Why? Well WTF do I have to lose at this point. I'm willing to give someone new a chance see if they can do the job and point America in the right direction. And if he can't well his a$$ will be voted out in 4 years. Granted I will be very interest to see who will be in Obama's cabinet if he's elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 04:12 PM
miu

17,105 posts, read 34,553,940 times
My boyfriend is white, college educated and 26 years old. He supports Hillary. And if it's between Obama and McCain this fall, he will be voting for McCain.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:08 PM

690 posts, read 909,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
My boyfriend is white, college educated and 26 years old. He supports Hillary. And if it's between Obama and McCain this fall, he will be voting for McCain.
Here it is again...and I just don't get it.
Ummm aren't Clinton and Obama on the same team?!?!?! Have you listened to ONE of the last 21 debates? It is almost a comedy watching these 2 candidates trying to find something different policy wise to talk about. Both of their plans are almost almost the SAME. Now if you look at McCains plans, they are all almost the opposite of either Democrat! You Hillary fans are so blind to see that...and to say something as silly as you would rather vote for McCain instead of Obama is ludicrous! It just doesn't make sense...

So then you may ask, then why are you so strong in supporting Obama?
My answer may surprise you. I am from NY...upstate NY to be exact (I now live on Long Island) In 2000, Hillary Clinton promised 200,000 new jobs for upstate NY. And there was a net LOSS under her tenure of 35,000-75,000 jobs. This isn't a sniper fire lie...this is much more serious. Bottom line, I don't trust her from a first hand experience. She really has a trust issue.

YouTube - Ohio Debate Bombshell: hillary security trumps US security!

With that said, I would vote for her if Obama was out. Why, because her basic ideas are the SAME as Obamas. I don't think she will accomplish many of them (look at how long she has been trying to get her health care package done) but McCain is the complete other direction. Why him???

People should vote on the issues first and foremost. Personality should always be second!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:16 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,182,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Ummm aren't Clinton and Obama on the same team?!?!?! Have you listened to ONE of the last 21 debates? It is almost a comedy watching these 2 candidates trying to find something different policy wise to talk about. Both of their plans are almost almost the SAME. Now if you look at McCains plans, they are all almost the opposite of either Democrat! You Hillary fans are so blind to see that...and to say something as silly as you would rather vote for McCain instead of Obama is ludicrous! It just doesn't make sense...

So then you may ask, then why are you so strong in supporting Obama?
My answer may surprise you. I am from NY...upstate NY to be exact (I now live on Long Island) In 2000, Hillary Clinton promised 200,000 new jobs for upstate NY. And there was a net LOSS under her tenure of 35,000-75,000 jobs. This isn't a sniper fire lie...this is much more serious. Bottom line, I don't trust her from a first hand experience. She really has a trust issue.

YouTube - Ohio Debate Bombshell: hillary security trumps US security!

With that said, I would vote for her if Obama was out. Why, because her basic ideas are the SAME as Obamas. I don't think she will accomplish many of them (look at how long she has been trying to get her health care package done) but McCain is the complete other direction. Why him???

People should vote on the issues first and foremost. Personality should always be second!

That's what you get for trusting politicians to bring you jobs. Politicians can't do it, and if they tell they will they are lying.

I agree with on people jumping parties though, I know of a lot of people who said if Ron Paul was out, they would support Obama. Doesn't make much sense. But whatever.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:17 PM

55,563 posts, read 74,447,824 times
i will not longer support a party that is anti white male anti religious.
i switched just needed that extra push.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:18 PM

4,102 posts, read 7,354,097 times
Another white male for Obama checking in.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i will not longer support a party that is anti white male anti religious.
i switched just needed that extra push.
May I ask what makes you think he is anti white male?
And what makes you think he is anti religious?
Last time I checked, Born Again Christians are pretty religious...

Old 04-24-2008, 09:37 PM
miu

17,105 posts, read 34,553,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Ummm aren't Clinton and Obama on the same team?!?!?!
We are not chained to the Democratic party. And extreme party loyalty is what's gotten our country into the mess it's in now. We need more moderates in both parties and they all need to work together. I've never been one to vote along party lines. Given the choices, our plan is to vote for the person we think will run our country the best... and we both don't think that Obama is qualified (yet) to be our president.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:51 PM

19,500 posts, read 20,857,027 times
Quote:
We are not chained to the Democratic party. And extreme party loyalty is what's gotten our country into the mess it's in now. We need more moderates in both parties and they all need to work together. I've never been one to vote along party lines. Given the choices, our plan is to vote for the person we think will run our country the best... and we both don't think that Obama is qualified (yet) to be our president.
Who both? Are there two of you out there, miu?

Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
OK...maybe I shouldn't have said "team" as in Democrat. What I meant was their ideas are of the same thought. Basically they share the same goals.

And yes you are absolutely right! You should pick the best candidate no matter what party!

When you say Obama isn't qualified "yet", that makes me think you wish he had more experience? I can certainly understand that...however it was one of the reason i felt he was a better choice. It seams to me, the longer these politicians are in office, the more corrupt they become! And I really have a thing against corruption. Plus I feel he is basically a smart man. Most smart people surround themselves with people whom they can count on. However I do wish I knew what VP all these candidates had in mind first. *Note my whole theory goes up in smoke with the current pres Bush. He surrounded himself with intelligence and look what it got us? I guess the difference here is I never considered GWB all that smart in the first place!

BTW the Rezko thing scared me until I looked into it some more. Basically I believe what Obama said about his relationship with him. I may be wrong...but so far, I feel he is being honest.
Here is a good read:
Obama: Rezko was 'a significant fundraiser' :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Barack Obama (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/843582,obama031408a.article - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections