Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:37 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times

Advertisements

Everybody has been focused on the spread in the Pennsylvania primary between Clinton and Obama. But the real numbers that ultimately count are the almost 30% of Democrat primary voters who said that if the candidate they were not supporting won the nomination they would either stay home on election day or vote for John McCain. If that sentiment is widespread among Democrats I'd say the party has a very serious problem come November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 01:39 PM

600 posts, read 1,083,848 times
We've known this for a while
but your absolutely correct and thats why i think mccain will take this

unless the loser runs as independant.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:55 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
We've known this for a while
but your absolutely correct and thats why i think mccain will take this

unless the loser runs as independant.
firstly it just HillBilly's scare tactics

secondly if hillary runs independent she takes the 70% that would vote for Obama

Cant see how this would help eliminate McCain ><

Old 04-23-2008, 01:59 PM

she would be keeping her voters, instead of giving them to mccain. Whether you like it or not alot of hillary supporters are going to switch over to mccain. The dem fights have become bloodbaths... people are becoming irrational.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:02 PM

Did you fail maths or something ??

McCain can take the 30% and Obama gets 70% and that is a net 40%

Thats a winning margin in my book

Old 04-23-2008, 02:06 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,898 times
Unfortunately, it's gonna be Hillary's job to persuade those voters to vote for the presumptive and perhaps eventual nominee - Barack Obama. That absolutely means nothing besides more work that Hillary is gonna have to do. Lets not forget Gov. Rendell too

Old 04-23-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
Did you fail maths or something ??

McCain can take the 30% and Obama gets 70% and that is a net 40%

Thats a winning margin in my book
The poles with those numbers all vary dramaticly. I dont think ANYONE can make accurate predictions yet. Even me, so if you choose to ignore my post you have the right to do so, its more of a hunch...

Old 04-23-2008, 02:11 PM

Btw, 30% of Hillary's bitter mob means 15% of the democratics

In any election, that's what you would expect from cross-overs from both parties, well maybe 5%

SO its s tough
but not insurmountable

Old 04-23-2008, 02:24 PM

289 posts, read 362,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
she would be keeping her voters, instead of giving them to mccain. Whether you like it or not alot of hillary supporters are going to switch over to mccain. The dem fights have become bloodbaths... people are becoming irrational.
Wow so people will switch parties because their candidate didn't get nominee. 1st of all I am so happy that I am not that small minded. You people are so funny. Go completely in the opposite directed because yr candidate didn't win. Wow I have to ask this question and that being are any of you legal age to vote? That would explain a lot of the infancy behavior I have witness reading these forums. I once taught 3rd graders and their ability to communication with others was much better then what I've read on this Forum. With the mindset like that you deserve exactly the type of Gov't you have. So all these Hillary Supporters and Obama Supporter are ok with how the Country has been run by the Republicans and will continue to be run by McCain. I know even Hillary and Barack would find that to be so disloyal. You've got to remove yourself from the person you are voting for and focus on the cause of the Democratic Party. Final words here you all need to REALLY GROW UP and back the Democratic Party and their policies.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:27 PM

7,929 posts, read 9,152,376 times
Or be really intelligent and make your own informed decision on who the best candidate will be rather than blindly going with who a particular party is recommending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections