U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2008, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Downtown Greensboro, NC
3,491 posts, read 7,863,226 times
Reputation: 619

Advertisements

I think the democratic primary is a preview of the general election if Hillary STEALS the nomination from Obama. Hillary has always been known as a devisive figure, That is showing in the primary. In order to win the election shes not only has to have strong support from her fellow democrats but she would have to win some republican states the way her husband did in 1992. Hillary has caused a "polarizing" divide in the democratic party. The divide between republicans and democrats in November would be even more polarizing because republicans hate her and independents leans towards John McCain and Obama. This is her big weakness and its a weakness that would cost the democrats the election should she steal the nomination away from Obama. The Only way she can win the nomination is by stealing it and by doing so she says screw half the voters of the democratic party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2008, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
270 posts, read 486,171 times
Reputation: 88
And I guess you think that Obama will not get chewed up and spit out by the Republicans if he gets the nomination. At least Hillary can stand her ground without fumbling and stumbling. People will see that as weak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Downtown Greensboro, NC
3,491 posts, read 7,863,226 times
Reputation: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
And I guess you think that Obama will not get chewed up and spit out by the Republicans if he gets the nomination. At least Hillary can stand her ground without fumbling and stumbling. People will see that as weak.
Obama seems to be standing ground, If he didnt, he would have gotten blowed away in PA. Hillary should have beat him by at LEAST 20 points. Obama has proven that he is STRONG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 08:45 AM
 
Location: AZ
600 posts, read 996,073 times
Reputation: 81
Both democrats are screwed. Whether they like it or not the divide in the democratic party is way too big to come back from (this election). The only way either of them have a chance is if whoever loses the nomination runs again as an independent in order to keep their votes from transfering to Mccain. Even then its going to be another bush-kerry election where its so close its rediculous.

and obama/hillary voters, please just look at the facts instead of puffing out your chest and attacking ME for looking at statistics. Cause i know alot of them will come at me saying im stupid and that their candidates are better.

honestly im not here to debate which candidate is better (they all suck), im simply stating that the republicans have a huge advantage that i think is going to decide the race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Downtown Greensboro, NC
3,491 posts, read 7,863,226 times
Reputation: 619
If Hillary steals the nomination, she wont have super delegates to bail her out in the general election because she will have to rely strictly on the voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
270 posts, read 486,171 times
Reputation: 88
[quote=gsoboi;3549037]Obama seems to be standing ground,

I guess you didn't watch the last debate. If he did that poorly against Hillary and whined about the questions. How do you think he will fair against McCain? The questions are only going to get harder and more personal. That will not be a good thing for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Downtown Greensboro, NC
3,491 posts, read 7,863,226 times
Reputation: 619
[quote=Alanw;3549116]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Obama seems to be standing ground,

I guess you didn't watch the last debate. If he did that poorly against Hillary and whined about the questions. How do you think he will fair against McCain? The questions are only going to get harder and more personal. That will not be a good thing for Obama.
LOL and Hillary didnt whine? I recall she complained about getting the question first in one debate and complained they Obama got special treatment and the media wasnt treating her fair. Looks like Hillary needs to eat her own words. I dont think Obama did poorly. He was asked some bad question which he responded to very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 35,218,716 times
Reputation: 4899
It is going to be a divided Democratic Convention with neither candidate having enough pledged delegates to win on the first ballot. It is going to fall to the "Super" Delegates - and, for the most part, they are not "talking".

If neither candidate gets a major MAJORITY of the super delegate votes, then, it becomes open season. ALL delegates will be "released" and it will become a real brokered convention with neither Clinton or Obama assured of getting the nomination. It could be someone totally different.

BUT, IMO, the main issue (and Howard Dean is pointing this out), the party is becoming much more fractured with each passing day - and unless there is some sort of strong unification of the party, the Democrats do not have a chance of re-gaining the White House AND they have every possibility of losing control of at least one side of the Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
270 posts, read 486,171 times
Reputation: 88
[quote=gsoboi;3549161]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post

LOL and Hillary didnt whine? I recall she complained about getting the question first in one debate and complained they Obama got special treatment and the media wasnt treating her fair. Looks like Hillary needs to eat her own words. I dont think Obama did poorly. He was asked some bad question which he responded to very well.
Number 1 - I never said she didn't whine about the first question. So what, that was not really an issue that would hurt her.

Number 2 - Obama complained about the questions.

Number 3 - I guess we can see that the saying "birds of a feather stick together" is true because your whining is about as bad as Obama's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Downtown Greensboro, NC
3,491 posts, read 7,863,226 times
Reputation: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
It is going to be a divided Democratic Convention with neither candidate having enough pledged delegates to win on the first ballot. It is going to fall to the "Super" Delegates - and, for the most part, they are not "talking".

If neither candidate gets a major MAJORITY of the super delegate votes, then, it becomes open season. ALL delegates will be "released" and it will become a real brokered convention with neither Clinton or Obama assured of getting the nomination. It could be someone totally different.

BUT, IMO, the main issue (and Howard Dean is pointing this out), the party is becoming much more fractured with each passing day - and unless there is some sort of strong unification of the party, the Democrats do not have a chance of re-gaining the White House AND they have every possibility of losing control of at least one side of the Congress.
If it even got to that point, it would likely be John Edwards since he came in third. It would make since to have a nominee that at least participated in the primaries and got votes. Honestly I dont think things will get that far and Obama will be the nominee after a long tough battle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:01 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top