U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For or Against - Socialized Medicine
Im for it 26 49.06%
Im against it 22 41.51%
I dont know yet 5 9.43%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:34 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,341,301 times

Advertisements

every time someone out debates you, here's what you do. google search their screen name and you will be able to find their myspace. you can then find out what town they live in. then you search the white pages to get their phone number and address. you then have a pizza delivered to their home. game, set, match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
I apologize all the time, if im truly in the wrong why shouldnt I? In fact there have been several times on the forum where people have out debated me and I admit it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 02:41 PM

600 posts, read 995,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
every time someone out debates you, here's what you do. google search their screen name and you will be able to find their myspace. you can then find out what town they live in. then you search the white pages to get their phone number and address. you then have a pizza delivered to their home. game, set, match.
haha, but i like being out-debated. I like debate. I (imo) have a pretty open mind and i like to hear other peoples opinions, heck, my opinions have been changed several times by people who have pointed out things i have never thought of.

Its not a bad thing to be wrong, people dont understand this. Its better to admit your wrong and learn, then to just be a stubborn arse who wont see reason.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:48 PM

yeah, you find some stalkers in certain forums. people who go in to try to hijack threads and start fights. I usually just stop posting. I am pretty freaking bullheaded when it comes to changing my mind. I am a good listener. I will wait until the end of the story for me to tell the person why they are wrong. I won't admit when I am wrong, I will just google in a second window and if it turns out I am wrong, I bail. keep a low profile for a while. maybe change my screen name.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:50 PM

3,255 posts, read 4,579,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
haha, but i like being out-debated. I like debate. I (imo) have a pretty open mind and i like to hear other peoples opinions, heck, my opinions have been changed several times by people who have pointed out things i have never thought of.

Its not a bad thing to be wrong, people dont understand this. Its better to admit your wrong and learn, then to just be a stubborn arse who wont see reason.
here here i change my mind all the time based on information i did not have previously. why bother coming on here if you don't want to have an exchange. I attempt to not personalize thngs, it is not life or death, it is words and ideas.

Have a great and wonderful time in this debate!!

Old 04-23-2008, 02:51 PM

826 posts, read 1,466,997 times
Health insurance is fine..I pay $80 a month for my health, dental, and vision insurance and I am only 21 years old....and yes I have used it and my doctor visit co-pays are $10. Yes I have got glasses at a vision center and teeth-cleanings at the dentist and it was all cheap co-pays for me. This is just another complaint by people...lets not forget "rising" food prices..not sure what that's about, haven't noticed any change in my grocery bills. Gas prices..yeah, I pay an EASY $40 every two weeks to fill up. Oh, the pain.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:53 PM

3,255 posts, read 4,579,374 times
I pay 890 a month through COBRA, and that does not include the pre existing condition stuff. I work a full time job for a govt contractor, but we are paying at small business rates.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Health insurance is fine..I pay $80 a month for my health, dental, and vision insurance and I am only 21 years old....and yes I have used it and my doctor visit co-pays are $10. Yes I have got glasses at a vision center and teeth-cleanings at the dentist and it was all cheap co-pays for me. This is just another complaint by people...lets not forget "rising" food prices..not sure what that's about, haven't noticed any change in my grocery bills. Gas prices..yeah, I pay an EASY $40 every two weeks to fill up. Oh, the pain.
hmm, my stepfathers co-pays and benefits are excellent, however he makes about 250,000 a year. While my dad, makes only about 30,000 a year, and his benefits and co-pays are horrible... Under a new system would this same biased continue? and couldnt they justify this "un-evenness" by saying the middle class doesnt contribute as much to the healthcare system?

Old 04-23-2008, 03:07 PM

you all should watch the canadian short film "dead meat." it was kind of a response to the michael moore film.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you all should watch the canadian short film "dead meat." it was kind of a response to the michael moore film.
could you explain a little bit about it? I cant exactly run out to blockbuster this minute...

Old 04-23-2008, 03:28 PM

it is just basically about people dieing on the waiting list for medical treatment. all the long waits. I will send you a link. it is like a 25 minute preview of the movie. I haven't seen the whole thing, but the preview was interesting. especially when you realize that it is illegal to buy yourself health care in canada, but you can buy it for your pet.

On The Fence Films :: Dead Meat (http://www.onthefencefilms.com/video/deadmeat/deadmeat.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections