Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:30 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,557,818 times

Advertisements

I'm not a dem. But have to say how good her speech was.
I started the campaign liking Obama more but after seeing all of facts and accomplishments of Obama (none) I'm so proud of her. After going through what she went through with the Monica Lewinsky case and still trying to go for president in a mens world is really something.
I still would vote for a Rep. because I don't agree with many things, but the way she handled her self.
I still believe the governement should stay out of the housing crisis, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 06:50 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,187,640 times
you are right, she made a great speech!!
And why not, it was a huge victory!!
Hillary'08!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:59 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,232,066 times
Yup, she made a great speech, no doubt about it.

It was a significant victory - though I doubt it was enough.

Ken

Old 04-23-2008, 08:12 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,806,626 times
I'm not a Hill or Obama fan, would not vote for them. But, as a woman, I admire her for getting in there and toughing it out with the big boys of presidential politics. She is tough.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:38 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,956,133 times
Yeah, it really was an excellent speech! She set the right tone and really connected.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:00 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,264,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Yeah, it really was an excellent speech! She set the right tone and really connected.
yeah really connected so that her 25% lead shrunk to 9%

Old 04-23-2008, 03:07 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,801,389 times
She can give so many great speeches but she's not gonna get the nomination - She lost the nomination long time ago

Old 04-23-2008, 03:34 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,547,359 times
Hillary lost over 14% of her base in just over a month. It is incredible to watch an established brand lose to a junior Senator and consider it a victory. Her speech was one which brings little to mind (or remembrance) except tone.
Her tone represented the arrogance of one who feels she is entitled to something she shouldn't have to work for. The tone of her politics as well as her strategy appears to be one which will divide the democratic party beyond repair for this political season and as a former republican she has exemplified a loyalty to her roots which says if I can't have it I'll burn it to the ground. As an Independent the one good thing about watching her is seeing the birth of a third party system. Hillary Clinton's politics are single handedly lending credence to the the long discussed need for another major party. The era of the entitlement party and it's politics is slipping, and it's incredible to watch it in my lifetime.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:49 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,557,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Hillary lost over 14% of her base in just over a month. It is incredible to watch an established brand lose to a junior Senator and consider it a victory. Her speech was one which brings little to mind (or remembrance) except tone.
Her tone represented the arrogance of one who feels she is entitled to something she shouldn't have to work for. The tone of her politics as well as her strategy appears to be one which will divide the democratic party beyond repair for this political season and as a former republican she has exemplified a loyalty to her roots which says if I can't have it I'll burn it to the ground. As an Independent the one good thing about watching her is seeing the birth of a third party system. Hillary Clinton's politics are single handedly lending credence to the the long discussed need for another major party. The era of the entitlement party and it's politics is slipping, and it's incredible to watch it in my lifetime.
Sounds you are really in a depression being a realtor/broker and listening to the bad housing market all day and not hearing a great speech. I'm not a dem. but can seperate my ideas from others and still hear a good speech.
By the way as far as I heard the difference was 55% to Obama 45%, so if I count well that is 10% not 9%.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:15 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,547,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Sounds you are really in a depression being a realtor/broker and listening to the bad housing market all day and not hearing a great speech. I'm not a dem. but can seperate my ideas from others and still hear a good speech.
By the way as far as I heard the difference was 55% to Obama 45%, so if I count well that is 10% not 9%.
Fortunately I'm neither depressed nor do I listen to bad housing market news. Any Broker who understands the market knows the law of balance. We also understand that if it's great for the buyers it's probably bad for the sellers. Sounds like you need my expert advice.

Check again...the actuals are what those of interested in numbers rely upon, but I wouldn't want to over-correct you.

As an Independent I am also quite capable of reserving my judgment until later and am quite adept at understanding what I am hearing as well as the intent of what is said. You may wish to replay the speech to catch all of the nuances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections