U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 08:08 AM

16,248 posts, read 21,286,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
you telling me Hillary has another abortion position??? Maybe you should ask her
Hillary's position on abortion- and McCain's for that matter are pretty much the same as Obama's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 03:08 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,851,440 times
Quote:
you telling me Hillary has another abortion position??? Maybe you should ask her

Who said anything about Hillary?

Old 04-28-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Hillary's position on abortion- and McCain's for that matter are pretty much the same as Obama's

McCain is prolife, where do you get this stuff?

Old 04-28-2008, 03:23 PM

1,545 posts, read 2,055,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
McCain is prolife, where do you get this stuff?
so he says BUT what will he do about it??? Apart from killing people in his warmongering pro-life way

Old 04-28-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
so he says BUT what will he do about it??? Apart from killing people in his warmongering pro-life way
Prolife is about protecting the lives of innocent unborn chidlren, not terrorists.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:13 PM

3,255 posts, read 4,579,593 times
Quote:
Prolife is about protecting the lives of innocent unborn chidlren, not terrorists.
Actually that is anti abortion. Prolife is respecting the God given sanctity of life, period.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Actually that is anti abortion. Prolife is respecting the God given sanctity of life, period.

That is your opinion and in most cases I agree, but unfortunately there are instances where people have to die to save life in the future. If this were not the case, you would have none of the freedoms you enjoy today.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:34 AM

3,255 posts, read 4,579,593 times
Quote:
That is your opinion and in most cases I agree, but unfortunately there are instances where people have to die to save life in the future. If this were not the case, you would have none of the freedoms you enjoy today.
Prolife is well defined, but just wars are not impinged upon within a prolife philosophy. It is just that prolife goes far beyond an unborn child, into euthanasia, quality of life, death penalty issues, etc. But, Hillary and Barack have the same basic view that it is a decision between patient and doctor. McCain has stated he now favors an end to legalized abortion, but I do not think that was always the case. None of the candidates will promote abortion.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:55 AM

30,841 posts, read 31,692,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The poor Catholics. They just will not know what to do. Their choices are gonna be limited. Consider:

1. Obama. White Catholics will vote Democrat 85% of the time. Sometimes they will vote for a black candidate but only for "legislative" positions like Congressman, Senator or judge. NEVER for "executive" positions such as Mayor, Govornor or President. They just cannot bring themselves to vote for such a thing.

2, McCain. Yes the one who pals around with people that refer to Catholics as "Satan Worshippers" and other assorted scum. Somehow McCain gets away with saying "I denounce Hagee's bigotry but he is still a good friend". Works for McCain- didn't so well for Obama and Rev Wright.

So will the white Catholics vote for Obama, vote for McCain or not vote at all??
Can anybody tell this Canadian why the heck a person's religion has anything to do with electing your country's leader...This is really starting to sound like the Shiite vs Sunni thing in Iraq. If you continue to allow religion to infest your politics you are traveling a very slippery path in my opinion.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:28 AM

1,545 posts, read 2,055,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Can anybody tell this Canadian why the heck a person's religion has anything to do with electing your country's leader...This is really starting to sound like the Shiite vs Sunni thing in Iraq. If you continue to allow religion to infest your politics you are traveling a very slippery path in my opinion.
we are talking about AmeriKKa, land of the B-graders and delusionals, where presidents seek the clairyoyance of astrologists and farseers

The Eagles' the Last Resort describes the AmeriKKan way in 1977 even before Reagan

Quote:
"
Some rich man came and raped the land, nobody caught 'em,
put up a bunch of ugly boxes and, Jesus, people bought 'em.
And they called it paradise, the place to be,
they watched the hazy sun sinking in the sea.

You can leave it all behind and sail to Lahaina
just like the missionaries did so many years ago.
They even brought a neon sign 'Jesus is Coming',
brought the white man's burden down, brought the white man's reign.

Who will provide the grand design, what is yours and what is mine?
'Cause there is no more new frontier, we have got to make it here.
We satisfy our endless needs and justify our bloody deeds
in the name of destiny and in the name of God.

And you can see them there on Sunday morning
stand up and sing about what it's like up there.
They called it paradise, I don't know why.
You call some place paradise - kiss it goodbye
"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections