U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2008, 10:18 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,524,510 times
Reputation: 5930

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Of course! And God sends storms to NO, but the storms he sent to Miami were not for Cubans, Jews or Catholics, and the storms he sent to the FL panhandle were not for Republican Military types, but the Storm he sent to NO, that was the message storm!!!!!!!! Does it not sound a bit ridiculous.


Watching a D Day special with my 6 year old son one day and this very sincere man described the devastation all around him, the dead, the maimed, etc. When asked he survived, he said "Well I am certain that God was with me that day or I would not have made it." And my six year old turned and said, Mommy, why didn't God care about all the other people who died?" Things happen.
What a bright kid!!! 6 years old and used crisp common sense to debunk the "god saved me because I'm so damn special but must've hated all those others who were horribly destroyed " bunk!

I hope she never loses the quality, motivation, and nerve of asking pertinent intelligent questions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2008, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Chicago
4,668 posts, read 8,908,695 times
Reputation: 3115
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Of course! And God sends storms to NO, but the storms he sent to Miami were not for Cubans, Jews or Catholics, and the storms he sent to the FL panhandle were not for Republican Military types, but the Storm he sent to NO, that was the message storm!!!!!!!! Does it not sound a bit ridiculous.


Watching a D Day special with my 6 year old son one day and this very sincere man described the devastation all around him, the dead, the maimed, etc. When asked he survived, he said "Well I am certain that God was with me that day or I would not have made it." And my six year old turned and said, Mommy, why didn't God care about all the other people who died?" Things happen.

I wonder what His message was when He sent those Easter tornado's that destroyed a few churches a couple years ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2008, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Here
10,864 posts, read 11,910,562 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I sense severe panic mode for the Obamatons.

DING DING DING
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2008, 04:46 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,335,979 times
Reputation: 835
wow, you make such great points. thanks for sharing your vast knowledge.


Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz741 View Post
*** mccains pastor, he can eat sh*t for all i know. These damn ministers got nothing else better to say. Instead of preaching about the gospel, they go and criticize amerikkka !!! i say shoot all the wrongful ministers, specially the molesters in the catholic church !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2008, 04:52 PM
 
3,255 posts, read 4,577,913 times
Reputation: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
What a bright kid!!! 6 years old and used crisp common sense to debunk the "god saved me because I'm so damn special but must've hated all those others who were horribly destroyed " bunk!

I hope she never loses the quality, motivation, and nerve of asking pertinent intelligent questions!
Well amazingly he is 23 this weekend and a Master's degree student in PoliSci with a foreign policy major.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2008, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Jonquil City (aka Smyrna) Georgia- by Atlanta
16,248 posts, read 21,270,556 times
Reputation: 3587
I would like to know why God destroyed Greensburg Kansas last year with an F5 tornado. Why did God do that and kill all those nice old white Republicans that lived there? Why did he even destroy the town's church? To my knowledge they have never had a Gay Pride Parade in Greensburg and there really is not much sin there either. Maybe God misspelled it and thought it was "GreensBERG" and there were too many Christ denying Jews there or something. Maybe Pastor Hagee can shed some light on this for us. The people of Greensburg are waiting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2008, 04:58 PM
 
3,255 posts, read 4,577,913 times
Reputation: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I would like to know why God destroyed Greensburg Kansas last year with an F5 tornado. Why did God do that and kill all those nice old white Republicans that lived there? Why did he even destroy the town's church? To my knowledge they have never had a Gay Pride Parade in Greensburg and there really is not much sin there either. Maybe God misspelled it and thought it was "GreensBERG" and there were too many Christ denying Jews there or something. Maybe Pastor Hagee can shed some light on this for us. The people of Greensburg are waiting...
Just think how mad God was to throw that massive sunami all over Asia a few years back. So the real nonsense is not that John McCain wants the endorsement of a radical cleric, but that he sought the endorsement of a bit of nutty buddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2008, 05:04 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,524,510 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Well amazingly he is 23 this weekend and a Master's degree student in PoliSci with a foreign policy major.
Then I will only amend my statement to:I hope he never loses the quality, motivation, and nerve of asking pertinent intelligent questions especially in his career!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2008, 05:08 PM
 
3,255 posts, read 4,577,913 times
Reputation: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Then I will only amend my statement to:I hope he never loses the quality, motivation, and nerve of asking pertinent intelligent questions especially in his career!
I fear that he never will. Drives us mad, but we love him. I sat there and cried, it was amazing. His Dad was in the Air Force and we lived on base so he was used to the idea of war, real war, because a few friends had Dads who were hurt in the first Gulf war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2008, 05:17 PM
 
692 posts, read 1,568,101 times
Reputation: 301
Don't forget Ron Parsley. McCain calls him a spiritual adviser.

"McCain's relationship with Parsley is politically significant. In 2004, Parsley's church was credited with driving Christian fundamentalist voters to the polls for George W. Bush. With Ohio expected to again be a decisive state in the presidential contest, Parsley's World Harvest Church and an affiliated entity called Reformation Ohio, which registers voters, could be important players within this battleground state. "

McCain's Spiritual Guide: Destroy Islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:05 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top